iAmMoDBoX

Rent a modem from them for the phone service and then buy the TC-7610 for internet. That's what I currently do.

Wait...what? You can do that? So how would set up look on that?

Wait...what? You can do that? So how would set up look on that?

Yeah as long as you split the service to each device it's fine, they won't bill you for double service. So I have the TM822G for phone service on one end of my house. The TC-7610 for internet in my computer room. Haven't had an issue with this setup for over a year now.

Yeah as long as you split the service to each device it's fine, they won't bill you for double service. So I have the TM822G for phone service on one end of my house. The TC-7610 for internet in my computer room. Haven't had an issue with this setup for over a year now.

By split you mean an extra coax line around the house? I think I only have one, but I could be wrong.

By split you mean an extra coax line around the house? I think I only have one, but I could be wrong.

Yeah you need 2 and a good signal to split it

So there really isnt an official list? So your saying you have tested all the modem that are in the "not compatible list"?

They all use a intel puma 6 chipset and you don't want that nonsense

They all use a intel puma 6 chipset and you don't want that nonsense

Is Motorola SB6120 compatible with Netduma?

From my experience I would stay away from Arris

Netgear CM600 has the Broadcom’s BCM3384 why is not compatible with Netduma?

Netgear CM600 has the Broadcom’s BCM3384 why is not compatible with Netduma?

It has energy efficient ethernet and doesn't play nicely with the Netduma. Many people on here have had it, and had issues. Trust me when I tell you there is absolutely no reason to second guess anything on the not compatible list. There are still a TON of modems that aren't listed that may work perfectly fine, but the few that I have found are the ones listed. Not really a need to have a hundred modems tested when every modem works on almost all ISPs

It has energy efficient ethernet and doesn't play nicely with the Netduma. Many people on here have had it, and had issues. Trust me when I tell you there is absolutely no reason to second guess anything on the not compatible list. There are still a TON of modems that aren't listed that may work perfectly fine, but the few that I have found are the ones listed. Not really a need to have a hundred modems tested when every modem works on almost all ISPs

Okay, I see, I knew I was missing something, thanks for the information.

You will want to use a passive splitter like one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Broadband-output-capable-5-1002MHZ/dp/B008R3LOM0/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_lp_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZG7N0S9N43S8GE3WYFTT

https://www.amazon.com/Coaxial-SV-2G-Digital-Splitter-screws/dp/B0036USDLO

I Have two cables from the side of my house to my network panel so I split it there.  You may want to open that cable box on the side of your house, if you have one and see what you have going in the house.  If only one cable going in the house you can add the splitter and cable right before the modems.

I have two modems like mod box, one for the phone and for my internet, the TP-link 7610.  I just started using this set up and have not noticed much of a difference with the TP-link playing titan fall 2 or Destiny so I may be returning the TP-link.  Actually, I have been seeing more lag with this set up and have had some of my worst games to date. The only difference is the new modem, a splitter is installed and I upped my internet plan from 50 meg to 150 meg. I want to do some more testing and check my cables etc before making my final decision though.

but right now my ISP provided Cisco DPQ3212 seems to perform better.  I will update this next week.

Ok thanks I will look into that. BTW is this an official list?

Technically NO,not an official list but this forum is different than most.The Admin,Mods and members don't just spew BS,we all actually help each other out and try to provide good solid info based on facts and or our own personal experiences.

Here's a great article that Z posted awhile back in regards to the Intel Puma 6 chipset and it's a good read

Intel's Puma 6 chipset suffers from latency & jitter, fix soon.

But I can speak for the amount of modems that MoD and PharmDawgg went thru until they found one that was compatible.I also am a TC 7610 owner, which I purchased after reading the article and talking to MoD and can say night and day difference in the stability of my ping plotter results with the modem.

We all still try to help each other out and find solutions to issues that may come up and when we do find them we post them as more than likely they will help someone else down the road.

You will want to use a passive splitter like one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Broadband-output-capable-5-1002MHZ/dp/B008R3LOM0/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_lp_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZG7N0S9N43S8GE3WYFTT

https://www.amazon.com/Coaxial-SV-2G-Digital-Splitter-screws/dp/B0036USDLO

I Have two cables from the side of my house to my network panel so I split it there.  You may want to open that cable box on the side of your house, if you have one and see what you have going in the house.  If only one cable going in the house you can add the splitter and cable right before the modems.

I have two modems like mod box, one for the phone and for my internet, the TP-link 7610.  I just started using this set up and have not noticed much of a difference with the TP-link playing titan fall 2 or Destiny so I may be returning the TP-link.  Actually, I have been seeing more lag with this set up and have had some of my worst games to date. The only difference is the new modem, a splitter is installed and I upped my internet plan from 50 meg to 150 meg. I want to do some more testing and check my cables etc before making my final decision though.

but right now my ISP provided Cisco DPQ3212 seems to perform better.  I will update this next week.

Probably because your line is weak and splitting it causes a problem. For me I'm getting literally perfect power levels to my modem

Probably because your line is weak and splitting it causes a problem. For me I'm getting literally perfect power levels to my modem

Actually my modem levels were great. My Down stream was approximately at -2.5 db 39 db snr and upstream was -45 db but had a 6db RTA pad installed on the back of the modem.

Installed the -3.5 splitter, removed the 6db RTA. Checked modem levels on my Cisco and DS was -7db, 36 db SNR and -42Db on the upstream. Installed the tp link, DS went to -10db using the exact same cables, US levels stayed the same! However all those limits are still within spec. I would like to see my DS levels better though. I'm going to check some things this weekend. If no improvement, TP link goes back to Amazon. So who knows maybe that Cisco modem dpq3212 is even better than the tp link???...

I just wanted to mention that Arris has Broadcom bases modems as well which works well with the R1 router. I've had a 6121, 6180 and now on a 6183. All of which have had my R1 connected to it. Have not noticed any problems with these modems with the R1 at all. Also there maybe some ISPs out there that don't support all brands of modems so some users may not be able to use or buy a TP-Link modem which seems to be the biased norm here. I can agree with using what works well and for everyones experiences, however not all modems maybe supported and others do work well. Big thing for users to check for is signal on the line and using a dedicated Cable line should be used. Signal on the line is key along with using a good modem. I'm sure most modems work well with the R1 and TP-Link has good modems I presume. However there are other brands that work with the R1 just as well for those who can't use TP-Link on there ISP. 

It's unfortunate that Intel as let the Puma 6 problem thru the system. Recent information from them says that they are working to correct the issues with the Puma 6 modems. I feel that it's probably a bit to late in the game for all of this however development and testing does take time and to get it all sorted out. I hope they will eventually get it all corrected. 

There is a listing of effected modem brands as Arris isn't the only modem Mfr effected by the Intel Puma 6 problems over on the dslreports forum for those interested. 

Hope for the best for everyone. Can't wait to see what the new DumaOS does. Waiting patiently. 

I'm running a the TP-Link TC-7610 and can say it has been a night and day difference over the Cisco DPQ3212 it replaced. Although I seem to have developed some line issues, which are now being resolved by Cox. Hopefully I can get back to beasting and feasting with the TC-7610 + R1 once these line issues are taken care of. 

I just wanted to mention that Arris has Broadcom bases modems as well which works well with the R1 router. I've had a 6121, 6180 and now on a 6183. All of which have had my R1 connected to it. Have not noticed any problems with these modems with the R1 at all. Also there maybe some ISPs out there that don't support all brands of modems so some users may not be able to use or buy a TP-Link modem which seems to be the biased norm here. I can agree with using what works well and for everyones experiences, however not all modems maybe supported and others do work well. Big thing for users to check for is signal on the line and using a dedicated Cable line should be used. Signal on the line is key along with using a good modem. I'm sure most modems work well with the R1 and TP-Link has good modems I presume. However there are other brands that work with the R1 just as well for those who can't use TP-Link on there ISP. 

It's unfortunate that Intel as let the Puma 6 problem thru the system. Recent information from them says that they are working to correct the issues with the Puma 6 modems. I feel that it's probably a bit to late in the game for all of this however development and testing does take time and to get it all sorted out. I hope they will eventually get it all corrected. 

There is a listing of effected modem brands as Arris isn't the only modem Mfr effected by the Intel Puma 6 problems over on the dslreports forum for those interested. 

Hope for the best for everyone. Can't wait to see what the new DumaOS does. Waiting patiently. 

I'm not saying that no arris modems work, but I'm saying the TC-7610 TP Link just works BETTER for gaming. I had the SB6141 and it seemed to work okay for me too until I used something else and it was a very clear difference even though my SB worked fine to me.