Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best Gaming Modems [Opinions]

compatible modem modem high ping lag jitter intel puma arris surfboard

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

argument-jedi-mindshitter

• Moderators
  • 2,994 posts
  • Local time: 01:37 AM

Do any of the compatible modems have a phone jack??? Also out of all the compatible modems which one do you recommend?

With phone - TM822G

Without phone - TC-7610

Posted Image

Posted Image

MrWhooz

MrWhooz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I thought arris modems were a big no no for they have a history of messing with the Duma? Sorry if I'm asking a lot of question I just noticed that I have one of the incompatible modems and it's causing a lot of issues.

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

• Moderators
  • 2,994 posts

I thought arris modems were a big no no for they have a history of messing with the Duma? Sorry if I'm asking a lot of question I just noticed that I have one of the incompatible modems and it's causing a lot of issues.

Yeah, but the older Arris devices which were made by Motorola worked fine. I've used the TM822G and it worked great until it broke. But good luck buying one new. They're almost impossible to find for a reasonable price.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Local time: 03:37 PM
  • LocationAustralia
What chipset do the TP-Link 7610 & 7610-E use?

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

• Moderators
  • 2,994 posts

Broadcom, but I'm not sure the exact chip. I'd have to look it up again

Posted Image

Posted Image

StelioKontos13

StelioKontos13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Is the tc-7620 still good with netduma?

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

• Moderators
  • 2,994 posts

Is the tc-7620 still good with netduma?

...No... The TC-7610 is compatible.

Posted Image

Posted Image

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts
  • LocationUS - Michigan

Intel Puma 6 but I'm sure that's not the info your looking for, but I just wanted to be part of the conversation... :D

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

Ruthless24

Ruthless24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local time: 06:37 AM
Wish I've seen this sooner too, I had a non recommended ISP when I purchased the Duma so I purchased another ISP and it looks like it's also not recommended as well. What's the difference between the TP-Link 7610 & 7610-E, which one is better?

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

• Moderators
  • 2,994 posts

Wish I've seen this sooner too, I had a non recommended ISP when I purchased the Duma so I purchased another ISP and it looks like it's also not recommended as well. What's the difference between the TP-Link 7610 & 7610-E, which one is better?

They are exactly the same, retailers change the packaging to make it "easy open" in a plain brown box rather than the printed retail box.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Zepsblackdog

Zepsblackdog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Local time: 12:37 AM

I too wish i had researched this earlier.  HOWEVER.. I bridged the Arris TG1682 and i'm getting great results so far with the R1.

I've had a few glitches, but resolved them. My ISP line is perfect, never a spike that I see.  Maybe I got lucky. Time will tell.

Maybe you should WARN users prior to purchase of this INCOMPATIBILITY list.  May save you guys some headaches in terms of diagnosing issues...

Oh, and I'm just ASSUMING the model I have is also close enough to the others that I would possibly have issues..

Bigfish247

Bigfish247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 10:37 PM

...No... The TC-7610 is compatible.

I can confirm the 7610 made a very noticeable difference for my Duma vs the 7620, SB 6141, 6183.

Good job MoD BoX, your a very valuable source of information to these forums!

e38BimmerFN

e38BimmerFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Local time: 11:37 PM
  • LocationUSA

I can report that the R1 router works just fine with my SB 6183.

Any broadcom based modems do not have these problems like Intel modems have:

http://badmodems.com...php?f=3&t=65000

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

• Moderators
  • 2,994 posts

Lol stop

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bigfish247

Bigfish247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Smart a$$. 

Lol stop

It's okay, I deal with a lot of this behavior.  I just brush it off and continue stomping the competition......

e38BimmerFN

e38BimmerFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Local time: 11:37 PM
  • LocationUSA

So can I. Not being a smart A$$, Just giving my experiences to this so others can check it out. Not all ISPs may support TP-Link modems. <_< Should be other alternatives and a variety of modems for users to use with there ISPs. Good Luck.

http://badmodems.com...php?f=3&t=65000

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

• Moderators
  • 2,994 posts

So can I. Not being a smart A$$, Just giving my experiences to this so others can check it out. Not all ISPs may support TP-Link modems. <_< Should be other alternatives and a variety of modems for users to use with there ISPs. Good Luck.

Have you used any other modems to know that the SB6183 works fine? Because there's a handful of people who claimed the same thing until they used a modem that worked.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alex49H

Alex49H

Netduma Cheerleader

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationUSA - Southern California

Someone needs to test out the new Arris SB8200 and the Netgear CM1000. So far these haven't had any issues, though the CM1000 had a bug at release, but Netgear patched it right away.

Alex49H

Wallenberg

Wallenberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Local time: 07:37 AM

No mentioning of this on the website itself.. The vibe i get from reading the FaQ is just "plug it in and you are good to go" basically.

https://netduma.com/...r-my-broadband/

https://netduma.com/...isp-connection/

So how do i test all this? Just ping the netduma and look for lagspikes??.. 

dhaddix1

dhaddix1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 12:37 AM
  • LocationUSA
Just bought and activated a TC-7610 ($40 on Amazon) from an SB6183 I've had for a year or so and WOW is there a world of difference. The main thing being the geo filter actually works. Before I would jump straight into CoD matches no problem and it would never properly filter, figured it was just hit and miss. I've owned the Duma since 09/2015 and today is the first time I've filtered hosts properly and actually waited for a good connection. Always had a good kd and have achieved dark matter/black sky the past 2 years. Thanks I Am MoD BoX!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: compatible modem, modem, high ping, lag, jitter, intel puma, arris, surfboard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users