Router self reboot

I'm looking for some help today...

Today I was playing destiny when the router beeped and seemingly rebooted itself. Then I got kicked from the game with a "Marionberry" error message(home network issue).

I tried to log back in and then got a NAT 3 error message from the game and NAT mismatch error message from chat.

I rebooted the router from the GUI and had limited connectivity to Destiny again NAT 3.

I manually rebooted the router by disconnecting it from power and reconnected again same issue. I performed ping test under diagnostics and received an error from the router and it didn't complete the test.

I called my ISP and they said their modem was good and that it was the router.

Thank you guys.

What Mfr and model modem do you have? Modem have NAT by chance?

What ISP Speeds up and down do you have?

R1 hot to the touch?

How are you connected while gaming? Wired or wireless?

What Mfr and model modem do you have? Modem have NAT by chance?

What ISP Speeds up and down do you have?

R1 hot to the touch?

How are you connected while gaming? Wired or wireless?

Arris TG1682G Wireless gateway

ISP Speeds: 75 down 10 up

R1 not hot

PS4 connected via LAN

post-10695-0-44920100-1490822722_thumb.png

post-10695-0-31577600-1490822723_thumb.png

post-10695-0-71391800-1490822724_thumb.png

post-10695-0-53612100-1490822725_thumb.png

post-10695-0-37697600-1490822726_thumb.png

post-10695-0-97739600-1490822727_thumb.png

post-10695-0-57582500-1490822729_thumb.png

post-10695-0-09361700-1490822731_thumb.png

If the ISP modem has a built in router, it's best to bridge the modem. Having 2 routers on the same line can cause connection problems. Call the ISP and ask to see if the ISP modem can be bridged. If the modem can't be bridged then see if the modem has a DMZ option and input the IP address the router gets from the modem and put that into the modems DMZ.

I called my ISP and they said their modem was good and that it was the router.

Even if their modem was on fire and melting they would tell you it wasn't their equipment.

As for the rebooting issue, I don't remember if there ever was a solution to it... Have you tried doing a factory reset from settings?

Even if their modem was on fire and melting they would tell you it wasn't their equipment.

As for the rebooting issue, I don't remember if there ever was a solution to it... Have you tried doing a factory reset from settings?

I was going to butI haven't tried a factory reboot as the site asks us to post here first. 

I was going to butI haven't tried a factory reboot as the site asks us to post here first. 

If you don't mind waiting for official support then you can leave it for now... As other's have said the only thing we know of that causes it is overheating.

If you don't want to wait, factory reset it from the settings menu, leave it unplugged from the power for 5 minutes, see if it works.

Mine used to do this 3 or 4 times a day, I moved it a couple of feet away from my cordless phone base station and it has never done it since, Not saying this is your issue but might be worth a try if your duma is close to anything else electronic.

Mine used to do this 3 or 4 times a day, I moved it a couple of feet away from my cordless phone base station and it has never done it since, Not saying this is your issue but might be worth a try if your duma is close to anything else electronic.

Mine is literally touching my phone mounted on the wall so that's funny lol

HAHAHA yeah, Its crazy mate. it was driving me mad id be sat in mission control hear a beep from downstairs and then lose internet for about a minute as it rebooted.

I literally moved it a foot around a corner and mounted it on the wall and it has never done it since. 

As the saying goes, "never work with children animals or technology" lol

Yeah, the only thing next to it is the modem it is connected to. Thanks.

Man, I stay away from those modems like the plague. I've had different versions of the modem and it's never good. I tried so many times to get them to work as u can see here lol

Technicolor TC5175D is not different than the Arris TG1682G. 

I had similar issues. Putting the modem in bridge mode would help to a certain degree and I would have the problem as you are having. Strangely keeping ipv6 intact would help it from disconnecting but the ping was just too high. 

5420766.png

and this is with 6to4 as well. 

it was just a mess and battle trying to get it to work well with the netduma.

Possibly energy efficient in the firmware of the router..maybe  and theres' also the auto qos in the configurations of the modem/router wireless that always bothered me. Just a lot of conflict with the netduma the modem was just too much. 

I would say save yourself the hassle and headache and just purchase yourself a $40 modem. 

P.S. Those sneaky firewall settings on them combo modem/routers lol. 

How long have you had the router and how long have you had the problem?

How long have you had the router and how long have you had the problem?

I've had the router for about 6 months. I have had the problem happen on a couple of occasions but not on a regular basis.

Man, I stay away from those modems like the plague. I've had different versions of the modem and it's never good. I tried so many times to get them to work as u can see here lol

Technicolor TC5175D is not different than the Arris TG1682G. 

I had similar issues. Putting the modem in bridge mode would help to a certain degree and I would have the problem as you are having. Strangely keeping ipv6 intact would help it from disconnecting but the ping was just too high. 

5420766.png

and this is with 6to4 as well. 

it was just a mess and battle trying to get it to work well with the netduma.

Possibly energy efficient in the firmware of the router..maybe  and theres' also the auto qos in the configurations of the modem/router wireless that always bothered me. Just a lot of conflict with the netduma the modem was just too much. 

I would say save yourself the hassle and headache and just purchase yourself a $40 modem. 

P.S. Those sneaky firewall settings on them combo modem/routers lol.

I would agree with your post totally. I've just decided on the modem I'm going to buy. It has been a hassle with bridge mode and so on. It's a terrible device. Not to mention Comcast's service in my area. Thanks.

I would agree with your post totally. I've just decided on the modem I'm going to buy. It has been a hassle with bridge mode and so on. It's a terrible device. Not to mention Comcast's service in my area. Thanks.

If you're on Comcrap then I recommend the TC-7610 it is a great modem that helped solve TONS of people's problems on here and works well with the Netduma. I would not go with ANY other modem because there is absolutely no need to.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-343Mbps-Certified-Spectrum-TC-7610-E/dp/B01CH8ZNJ0

That's the one I've decided on. Thanks for everyone's help and input here.

Those all in one modem/routers from Comcast suck anyway. Even if you weren't having rebooting issues I would still recommend getting your own modem (saves you $10 a month) and chucking that one out the window.

Let me ask this question while we are at it. TP Link offers the same router but is 16x4. Even though I don't have have speeds higher than 75mbps, does a 16 channel router benefit me? Theoretically it should right...?