Seeing major packet loss to netduma router today....

This sounds like my ping plotter story, lol.  As of right now I do not trust ping plotter, either that or my PC is too cheap to keep up.  I have these same issues but game play for the most part is smooth.

How did you know they were multiple ping plots?  I usually select new target or reset and restart.  I wonder if I am making that same mistake.  I am using the free version.

ALso what are your modem levels?

This sounds like my ping plotter story, lol. As of right now I do not trust ping plotter, either that or my PC is too cheap to keep up. I have these same issues but game play for the most part is smooth.

How did you know they were multiple ping plots? I usually select new target or reset and restart. I wonder if I am making that same mistake. I am using the free version.

ALso what are your modem levels?

My modem levels are always good to be honest. Only time I know they are off is when my speeds are constantly wrong at 100% and it's always been something on their end when it happens. I just had closed out of ping plotter and then when I opened it the first tab showed a bunch of different plots running, now I didn't realize this before so I was running new plots on top of those. Well again when I closed it and opened it I saw one could be paused so I right clicked it and it showed it was still running from the last session. I ended up closing them all out reran my plot with no loss at all on the router. So there's that story lol. I don't think ping plotter shows any errors unless they are user errors like mine. Of course again I had no idea they were still all running multiple pings but, they were in fact doing that haha. Oops

Ping plotter is buggy... When you run multiple pings in it at once, you get packet loss on your modem/router... Just helped someone with the same issue on the Rocket League reddit page. I don't know why this bug exists because ping plotter should be using the same windows ping command which works fine with multiple instances running.

Ping plotter is buggy... When you run multiple pings in it at once, you get packet loss on your modem/router... Just helped someone with the same issue on the Rocket League reddit page. I don't know why this bug exists because ping plotter should be using the same windows ping command which works fine with multiple instances running.

Well I guess technically yes in that instance it is buggy, but as far as running just one plot it works flawlessly. Idk why you can't run more than one plot at a time tbh.

Well I guess technically yes in that instance it is buggy, but as far as running just one plot it works flawlessly. Idk why you can't run more than one plot at a time tbh.

There's other bugs too... Why does 1 second intervals work fine in cmd but in ping plotter using the same windows command cause problems?

TO expand on doing your own ping tests, You can also try a "fat" ping from the command line which sends larger packets and will put a bigger load on your router. You can use a different IP to ping, I just typically use google since that seems to be the most consistent for me,

Ping www.google.com –l 1000 –n 300

The L stands for length and the N stands for the number of packets to send. 

• 5 months later...

If you're having trouble with packet loss on ping plotter it's because the duma uses a packet prioritization that drops packets instead of buffering them to reduce bufferbloat (excess ping) It's perfectly normal, no need to freak out :)