Seeing major packet loss to netduma router today....

Ran ping plotter and regardless of what cables I use and what IP I've been pinging to I've been seeing constant packet loss at the netduma router with nothing else going on in the background.

What modem mfr and model do you have?

What ISP Speeds up and down do you have?

Testing wireless or wired? LAN wired is recommended.

Where are your congestion controls set for? I would test with these controls at 99% or 100%.

Do you see bad pings when your LAN wired PC is directly connected to the ISP modem?

What modem mfr and model do you have?

What ISP Speeds up and down do you have?

Testing wireless or wired? LAN wired is recommended.

Where are your congestion controls set for? I would test with these controls at 99% or 100%.

Do you see bad pings when your LAN wired PC is directly connected to the ISP modem?

VX -VER170S ADSL2+ bridge/router from Versa Technology, 15 download and 1 upload, testing wired, set cc both to 70% and tried 100% made no difference. i am not getting abnormal pings just seeing packet los at the netduma and occasional ping spikes there on ping plotter. i tried posting the pics but they never seem to want to attatch from any device be it my phone using the full site or pc.

Turn off the Duma for five minutes reboot and test again.

If it carrys on change the Ethernet cable from your modem/router to the Duma.

are you saying unplug the netduma all together? well i changed the cable from the pc to the netduma just in case but i havent tried from the netduma to modem, also i have my modem set to bridge so i cant just plug into it and connect to the internet like a cable modem lol. ive never had this occur the last time i ran ping plotter. the xbox network test doesnt show packet loss however or changes in ping when ive tested it like 5 times. strange

Test with PC directly connected to modem is best to test first off. Make sure no issues between those two. Then go back to testing with router inline. You should be able to test PC with modem in bridge mode as well.

Test with PC directly connected to modem is best to test first off. Make sure no issues between those two. Then go back to testing with router inline. You should be able to test PC with modem in bridge mode as well.

how do i do that? set up a ppoe connection on the pc?

Now what do you see with the R1 inline.

Might do a complete factory reset and set up from scratch. Turn OFF the wifi radio while testing. Turn off all other connected devices to be sure.

Do you have your prior router to put in line and test with? Might be a good comparison test with a router in line.

Now what do you see with out the R1 inline.

Might do a complete factory reset and set up from scratch. Turn OFF the wifi radio while testing. Turn off all other connected devices to be sure.

Do you have your prior router to put in line and test with? Might be a good comparison test with a router in line.

as you can see here in this picture, adding the netduma in and getting major packet loss again, https://ibb.co/fdgX1F

Now what do you see with the R1 inline.

Do you have your prior router to put in line and test with? Might be a good comparison test with a routi 

i have all devices besides pc blocked from connecting and also have wifi on pc off soo.....

Is wifi on router off as well?

I'd do a full factory reset and set up from scratch on the r1. While you leave the R1 off line for 5 minutes. Might set up a previous router and run a quick test. If you have one.

I would also try Zennon's method of ping testing as well for comparison:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19959-seeing-packet-loss-using-pingplotter/

I'd do a full factory reset and set up from scratch on the r1. While you leave the R1 off line for 5 minutes. Might set up a previous router and run a quick test. If you have one.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19959-seeing-packet-loss-using-pingplotter/

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19959-seeing-packet-loss-using-pingplotter/tried that and 

tried that and got 0% loss....weird how come last time i ran ping plotter ive never seen that loss before ? :blink:

Just turn off the Duma for five minutes before you start factory resetting.

i did that left off for 5ish and then fact reset the whole router. still seeing loss at ping plotter but not while using CMD prompt on windows....i dont understand that at all...see i was trying to use ping plotter as a way to forward my jitter and ping issue to their NOC. i had pulled them up on chat telling them that the spikes and latency were rediculous and that something needed to be done and that i had ping plots showing the horrible spiky routes along the way.

Use interval 2.5 on ping plotter and restart the plot.

i have just discovered something actually. the packet loss is occurring from multiple plots being run in the background. when you first start ping plotter up it shows any and all current plots still running EVEN if you happen to click the X to close it out and start over it will STILL run in the background...after noticing this and closing them all out right clicking each one, the newest plot is showing NO packet loss. so i dont think theres any bugs with ping plotter, i think it just seems that way because old plots arent getting shut down properly.

You might run ping plotter for a while. Couple of hours and check. Be sure to clear out old plots and start the program over.

You still think this is an issue with the R1?

You might run ping plotter for a while. Couple of hours and check. Be sure to clear out old plots and start the program over.

at this point no. i feel like i messed up by not clearing out the old plots. i didnt realize they were still running in the background honestly. even though i closed out on the with the X they were still running. since clearing them i now have no issues and i think some people who tend to think that theres a bug may be making the same mistake as me. not to say i didnt have reason to think i was in the right simply because i thought i was actually closing them, but now that we know this and another packetloss issue occurs it can be something we can look into for the next person. :)

actually there is this.... https://ibb.co/dnsYQa. for some reason im getting some packet loss at the modem. started off around 1.6% but has since dropped to .6% . why does that occur?

oh and restarted the plot and it is now back at no loss at modem again. i dont understand, also am i to assume that the modem is giving me approx 16 ms delay? im assuming thats what the 10.10.10.10 is since connecting to it directly last time. is there even any way to drop that delay down?

I would do this. I recommend that you have your ISP check the cabling going to the ISP modem, check signal levels going to the ISP modem. For DSL or Fiber service lines, ensure that the ISP is using good working phone or cable lines to the DSL modem and that the phone lines are filtered correctly. For cable Internet, RG-6 coaxial cable is needed, not RG-59. Check for t.v. line splitters and remove them as they can introduce noise on the line and lower the signal going to the ISP modem. I recommend having the ISP service physically check the lines going from the out side to the ISP modem. Connecting to the ISP modem could result in a false positive as the signal to the modem could be just enough to that point then adding on a router, could see problems. The router operation is dependent upon getting good data flow from the ISP modem and the modem is dependent upon getting good signal from the ISP Service.