Buffer bloat results

Yes, it is common I spent hours doing it one day and almost every test was different. Your idle will be high with your sliders set at 100%. Try reducing in down to 70% as a starting point, and wait at least 5 mins before each test.

Have you tried ping plotter, this will give you a more detailed analysis of what is going on with your line. DSL reports will only give you a snap shot of what is happening during that specific test. PP can give you a lot more data over the duration of the test, minutes/hours etc

You can then interpret the results your self or post them on here if you are not sure what it means :)and some one will be able to advise you

attachicon.gifanti flood 60.png

my mistake posted the wrong picture my anti flood was set to 60/60 and this proved the best results on DSL Report test

No probs, I found that during different times of the day the sliders went up, or down depending on the results. There is a video on YT by Sim that goes into it in greater detail, it's worth a look.

I got into the habit of just testing it just before I played and then alter the sliders accordingly. But to be honest the games are so inconsistent I don't bother anymore I just jump in :)

Are those tests at 60/60 anti-flood?

Are you testing over ethernet?

Can you post up a pic of your Internet Diagnosis from the Netduma please?

Make sure you click 'show details' and post up that bit too.

The results will vary at different times of the day and what's going on with your network.The guidelines of 70/70 are just that a guidelines starting point for people to tweak from there, as everyone's network is different.

Some can run CC at 99/99 and others run 70/70 and are fine.If you've got a busy network your not gonna be able to do the 99/99 thing as there is no overhead to eliminate local congestion (on your own network)

I run 60/80 and leave the flower as is and it gives me A+ across the board on a regular basis, you just have to dial your network in, the numbers don't have to be the same, maybe try 60/80 or 70/80 etc until you get it where you want it.

And as Boom said when you post your results hit "show details" as that will tell us a lot.

My BB is pretty consistent at 70/70, I can run it anytime during the day and I have lol and I get A+, A, A+ every time.  Only everyonce in awhile it comes back in the B or C grade but run it again and its right back in the A's.

Ive set my download to 60 % and upload to 75.

post-9359-0-60946900-1490821818_thumb.png

this seems to be best result. i get buffer bloat A and quality A*

sorry to be a pain I just find this so interesting..... And i know what you going to say..... everything looks good and your just crap at call of duty

Ive set my download to 60 % and upload to 75.

attachicon.gifping result 29 3 2017d.png

this seems to be best result. i get buffer bloat A and quality A*

sorry to be a pain I just find this so interesting..... And i know what you going to say..... everything looks good and your just crap at call of duty

Honestly, I've found dslreport's tests to be very very inaccurate. I'd take what it says lightly. If you want to measure more accurately use ping plotter and start a download/upload. Then adjust the congestion control sliders to reduce the jitter as much as possible.

Uh oh, you are getting conflicting advise, I don't trust ping plotter and my experience with DSL reports has always been spot on, no good!

DSL reports shows packet loss on my line... Every other ping test (ping plotter, command prompt ping, and my personal smoke ping server) shows 0 packet loss over a weeks time. Which is wrong?

DSL reports shows packet loss on my line... Every other ping test (ping plotter, command prompt ping, and my personal smoke ping server) shows 0 packet loss over a weeks time. Which is wrong?

They are probably Different for everyone due to our isps, hops being different and geolocation. The only ping test that appear to be 100% accurate is done via command prompt for me. But then again my PC may just be too cheap or something. It's not even Gigabit!

They are probably Different for everyone due to our isps, hops being different and geolocation. The only ping test that appear to be 100% accurate is done via command prompt due me. But then again my PC may just be too cheap or something. It's not even Gigabit!

Shouldn't matter unless the ethernet port was bad and causing issues. Ping command is very basic, think about it... old routers are very slow compared to a desktop cpu and can handle ping commands fine when they are built into the firmware

The way I run my DSL reports] test is to run PP while running the DSL reports test and stream a youtube video at the same time.

The thing your looking for is how your network behaves and reacts UNDER LOAD,so I'm trying to stress my connection as much as I can.

It's a very effective method for testing.And you get instant feedback from PP so make sure you can see that while it's running during the tests.