ISP Cable Pingplot test from laptop to modem

I just did a pingplotter test and cmd - www.twitter.com ping test I think it's time for a new ISP ran into jitter, latency, and ping spikes, no packet loss on both tests what do you think of the test just looking at it, do you think it could just be the modem - Arris CM820 isp supplied modem, or the line it's self

post-1607-0-23520200-1490338456_thumb.png

post-1607-0-35758400-1490338472_thumb.png

one other thing to add, my house has old cabling ran throughout the house back from the 1970's copper outer insulated coax cable, so they thought to fix that issue is to add a amplifier, so the cables are so old even with the amp they can't carry the signal, we have 5 - 6 total cable boxes for every room, and a line for the modem.

I just did a pingplotter test and cmd - www.twitter.com ping test I think it's time for a new ISP ran into jitter, latency, and ping spikes, no packet loss on both tests what do you think of the test just looking at it, do you think it could just be the modem - Arris CM820 isp supplied modem, or the line it's self

attachicon.gifarris.PNG

attachicon.gifjitter spikes latency.PNG

Just my opinion but I would never use a equipment provided by my ISP as it's usually less than optimal and with all the gaming you do I would get my own modem and if you have cable and it's compatible with your ISP I would highly recommend the TP Link TC-7610 as it made a world of difference for me and a lot of others on the forum.Both Buck and MoD have tried several modems and finally found this little gem and it worked great for them so they were kind enough to pass the info along to me (and the rest of the forum) and I couldn't be happier with the results.

As MoD would say... as a rule of thumb stay away from Arris.

And I'm not sure if that modem has the "dreaded" intel puma chip set that has issues that are well documented.And I would let the PP run for at least a few hours during peak hours where you live and then late at night and compare the two.

As far as the old cable goes in your house,I'd rule out the modem first and then PP should let you know if it's a line issue or something else.

Just my opinion but I would never use a equipment provided by my ISP as it's usually less than optimal and with all the gaming you do I would get my own modem and if you have cable and it's compatible with your ISP I would highly recommend the TP Link TC-7610 as it made a world of difference for me and a lot of others on the forum.Both Buck and MoD have tried several modems and finally found this little gem and it worked great for them so they were kind enough to pass the info along to me (and the rest of the forum) and I couldn't be happier with the results.

As MoD would say... as a rule of thumb stay away from Arris.

And I'm not sure if that modem has the "dreaded" intel puma chip set that has issues that are well documented.And I would let the PP run for at least a few hours during peak hours where you live and then late at night and compare the two.

As far as the old cable goes in your house,I'd rule out the modem first and then PP should let you know if it's a line issue or something else.

Just picked up the TP link TC 7610 that you suggested it worked out, no more jitter, or latency, and more consistent games on IW, thanks for suggesting that modem, I've tried all different types of modems Netgear, linksys, etc I guess they wernt compatible with the netduma, or the ISP, because it would make me skip and freeze in one area when I got close to a enemy teammate, and would start capping the speed from 200 mbps to 20mbps download. 

Just picked up the TP link TC 7610 that you suggested it worked out, no more jitter, or latency, and more consistent games on IW, thanks for suggesting that modem, I've tried all different types of modems Netgear, linksys, etc I guess they wernt compatible with the netduma, or the ISP, because it would make me skip and freeze in one area when I got close to a enemy teammate, and would start capping the speed from 200 mbps to 20mbps download. 

Yeah,I'm very happy with it also, good price and it's compatible with most cable ISP's and the duma, glad its working out for you.

And the true credit as I said in my other post goes to Buck and Mod as they were the ones who went thru several modems and by trial and error found that the TC 7610 worked very well with the duma in the set up.

I always give credit where it's due,it's not my find it's Buck and MoD's.They deserve it for finding the TC 7610 otherwise all us cable ISP users would be living in constant frustration.

But it's nice to pass along the info and see it go to good use as most people disregard it when someone says"it might be your modem" and then that turns out to be the issue.Again glad it's working out for you.