For People who have strict or moderate nat type EASY SOLUTIOn

im tired of people asking on these forums and think that this router is any different from a dlink netgear nighthawk ect, all you have to do is open up the correct ports whether thats for xbox or playstation or the specific game, also you will need to disable UPNP in both the misc section of the router and settings and I promise you you will have a Open Nat Type, 

That works for one console being online. How about for two or more online at the same time. :huh:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/20578-two-xbox-ones-on-the-same-netduma-issues/

uPnP should be only needed for one xbox with out using any Port Forwarding. I've never had to use any PF for getting OPEN NAT on any router for 1 game console. OPEN NAT should be seen on the Xbox dash board and is the most important status. In game status can be un-reliable.

Also considerations for OPEN NAT is to ensure ISP modem/services are providing the R1 a public IP address and the modem doesn't NOT have a built in router.

I've never had to use any PF for getting OPEN NAT on any router for 1 game console.

I have.

Every router I've ever used with Xbox has always needed the ports forwarding to get a consistently open NAT.

Even back on the Xbox360, with UPnP, it used to change randomly from open to moderate. I was forever rebooting unless I used port forwards.

Then something in the configuration or networking system may have been preventing use of uPnP with out having to use PF. If your using PF, then something in your configuration is preventing good NAT translation thru the system to the game console. If ISP modem is no NAT or router built in and main host router is set for uPnP enabled and IP reservation for the game console, OPEN NAT should be seen. Router handling of uPnP and NAT is also at play as well. Maybe some routers don't handle uPnP or NAT as well as some. R1 seems to work well for 1 game console. One other user said he can get 4 xb1s all on OPEN NAT with uPnP enabled and with out using any PF rules.

Also be aware that Instant On is a known problem with causing NAT issues. It's recommended to disable this feature. Been known since xb1.

Not saying that uPnP should be used all the time and maybe PF could be used if really needed. However out of the box for router and game consoles, if networking specs are met, OPEN NAT should be seen with out having to configure PF.

I don't use instant on. It's known to cause a variety of issues.

I've used port-forward for years now, I've always found that I can't rely on upnp to keep an open nat on xbox.

Doesn't bother me, nat is always open now.

PF works for one console though. Enjoy.

Yes, thankfully I don't have to contend with a second console on the network at the same time.

I totally appreciate that then there can/will be problems.

Ya, it can be a pain. I had 3 at one time. Couldn't get them all OPEN for some reason with the R1. Didn't get enough time to troubleshoot it as gamers wanted online and NAT OPEN. ;) Had to switch to different router. <_<

Some additional info posted here regarding multiple consoles online:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/upnp-multiple-xbox-one-gaming-consoles-nat.35324/

I could swear if you get Native IPV6 you can use IPV6 blocks for only the Xbox One's so they all have Open NAT. That's how i ran my two xbone's when i used suddenlink back in pflugerville. Anyways, if anyone can still try this, it might be worth a shot still for multiple xbones on the same network.