Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IPV6 ISP QUESTION

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

BOLDSHOTER

BOLDSHOTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Local time: 10:09 PM
  • LocationClovis New Mexico USA

I have a question that may not matter either way about IPV6 enabled, or disabled, my ISP in Clovis New Mexico "SUDDENLINK COMMUNICATIONS" uses IPV6 for their ISP modems Arris CM820 and nodes, my question is would it help to leave IPV6 enabled on the netduma? would it help gameplay or no? my thought on it it could possibly be true the CoD dedis don't use IPV6 most ISP's don't for that matter.

TQ1N39k.gif

PharmDawgg

PharmDawgg

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,602 posts
  • Local time: 12:09 AM
  • LocationGA-USA

I'm in SE US and I have Comcast.  They have it enabled on their network.  I have it enabled under WAN/LAN/Misc. I'm on the Xbox One. If you are on the Xbox and your ISP has it enabled I say roll with it.  It's more beneficial to you than not.  Just my two cents.....

BOLDSHOTER

BOLDSHOTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

I'm in SE US and I have Comcast.  They have it enabled on their network.  I have it enabled under WAN/LAN/Misc. I'm on the Xbox One. If you are on the Xbox and your ISP has it enabled I say roll with it.  It's more beneficial to you than not.  Just my two cents.....

do you have link IPV6 enabled in misc? and I only have a PS4 I don't know if Sony uses IPV6 with playstation network.

TQ1N39k.gif

TG3NOC1D3

TG3NOC1D3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Local time: 11:09 PM

I used to have Suddenlink in Pflugerville,Tx and i used the IPV6 network for my Xbox's because it gave a double open NAT for BO3. IPV6 is easier for NAT due to it being a public facing IP block that you actually receive from your ISP. Seeing as how you use a PS4, there'd be no benefit because Sony is stuck on IPV4. Even on IPV6 only on my Xbone, i never saw lower ping on BO3 or Halo. Granted, some networks like AT&T don't use real IPV6, they use IPV6to4. A tunnel i believe it's called.

BOLDSHOTER

BOLDSHOTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Sony is stuck on IPV4

Well that's a big slap in the face, actually remember someone told me that a while back, just didn't remember.

TQ1N39k.gif

PharmDawgg

PharmDawgg

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,602 posts
  • Local time: 12:09 AM
  • LocationGA-USA

do you have link IPV6 enabled in misc? and I only have a PS4 I don't know if Sony uses IPV6 with playstation network.

I don't believe PS4 uses IPv6 yet. I only recommend using it with the Xbox. And if you do enable it select the IPv6 selection under the miscellaneous tab as well.

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Local time: 05:09 AM
  • LocationNear Manchester

I am on idnet in the UK, it has ipv6 but like stated above ps4 does not use ipv6 so no point in me using it unless forced to by isp's which is a long way off yet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users