Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can't connect to Netduma

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

sleepersolar

sleepersolar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 01:51 PM

I think I know what caused this, at the weekend I disabled DHCP after following some youtube guide without knowing what I'm doing.

Right now I can connect to my nighthawk modem/router but cant connect to the netduma. I've tried wireless and wired and switching the netduma off and on. In windows 10 the lan says "unidentified network, no internet". When I try accessing 192.168.88.1 it times out. All the green lights are flashing on the netduma itself.

I tried following this guide

http://support.netdu...e-r1-interface-

and found I have no IP in ipconfig. I got to where the article says "The most probable cause for being unable to connect is that you have disabled DHCP on the router. After following the steps above" but I can't see any steps to reconnect me to my netduma.

Help please!

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 970 posts
  • Local time: 02:51 PM

Hi there; the solution for this is you need to create a static IP on your Windows 10 PC / Laptop. This guide will talk you through how to achieve this: http://forum.netduma...etduma-bricked/

This is for Windows 7 / 8, but the principle should be the same. Let me know if that resolves your issue.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

sleepersolar

sleepersolar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 01:51 PM

Ah thanks, I'd already pushed the pin for a factory reset, not too difficult to get back to where I was :)

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 970 posts
  • Local time: 02:51 PM

Ah thanks, I'd already pushed the pin for a factory reset, not too difficult to get back to where I was :)

Let us know if you have any issues with this :) good luck!

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users