Two Xbox Ones on the same Netduma - issues?

I have two Xbox Ones hooked up (wired) to the Netduma but we can never have the NAT be open for both consoles, usually one is open while the other is moderate. 

I'm not sure if this would cause any issues for connection, but it is frustrating to always have odd little niggling things going on so with that said, what can I do to get a open NAT for both consoles at the same time?

I'm also not sure, but could these cause any lag or network issues for us when playing together?

Just to clarify, I'm running reactive with UPnP enabled and both consoles on hyper-traffic.

• Netduma Staff
If the R1 is in the DMZ do both consoles have an open NAT according to the consoles network settings?

DMZ on the R1 itself should hopefully be implemented in DumaOS.

You can manually port forward for Xbox One rather than UPnP and see if that works.

Disable the Geo-filter when booting up the game as well and see if you can achieve an open NAT on both consoles.

If the R1 is in the DMZ do both consoles have an open NAT according to the consoles network settings?

DMZ on the R1 itself should hopefully be implemented in DumaOS.

You can manually port forward for Xbox One rather than UPnP and see if that works.

Disable the Geo-filter when booting up the game as well and see if you can achieve an open NAT on both consoles.

Not sure if I have it in the DMZ, have never needed to before so I didn't consider it. 

Opened port 3075 for one console and 3074 for another (COD ports) so fingers crossed. 

Funnily enough, when checking under the Xbox settings I believe both are open, yet COD isn't :/

The issue with xbox one is the quick start, it doesn't announce UPNP to the netduma. a restart on both xboxes will fix your problem, or disable the xbox quick start so it does a proper boot each time. Make sure you have no port forwarding on any of the ports required for the xbox or game enabled. it must all be handled by UPNP.

I have 4 xbox ones on my NetDuma all in open NAT all the time.

The issue with xbox one is the quick start, it doesn't announce UPNP to the netduma. a restart on both xboxes will fix your problem, or disable the xbox quick start so it does a proper boot each time. Make sure you have no port forwarding on any of the ports required for the xbox or game enabled. it must all be handled by UPNP.

Can you have them all on and open at the same time?

Mine appear open in the settings, just not on COD. Kinda sucks that I can't use quick start to get it to work. 

Be sure to disable Instant On on all xboxes. As Rilla mentioned this will effect now each xbox is seen by uPnP and the router.

Ya I couldn't get two or three xboxes to see OPEN NAT using PF.

Hey, think you could write up a detailed post about how you get your 4 xb1s online all at the same time and get OPEN NAT with the R1?

Maybe include your R1 settings and GeoFilter configurations and such?

I found that NAT status should be OPEN on the Xbox dashboard network settings. This takes priority over in game NAT status. Ive found that, at least with BO3, in game NAT status is very unreliable and sometimes not accurate. Even on a system with only one xbox online, BO3 NAT status can be Moderate for no reason at all just after turning on the console and starting BO3.

So even though in game NAT status can be displayed, xbox dashboard is more important.

Be sure that your ISP modem doesn't have a built in router and your LAN wired to the R1.

Maybe it is more a COD issue, cos I think the Xbox does say it is open, just not the game. 

Might need to test with the port forwarding. 

try no portforwarding and restart each xbox first, you will probably find that is all you need to do. portforwarding will always result in one box being moderate or strict. UPNP was designed to share ports on a local network.

I'll give them both a hard reset with no port forwarding this week and see how it works. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. 

• Netduma Staff

I'll give them both a hard reset with no port forwarding this week and see how it works. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. 

Please keep us updated :)

Achilles...Im having the same problem with my xb1 and ps4 together...though I have ps4 wired to R1 and the xb1 is wireless to a netgear as a access point...the problem I'm realizing is atleast in my case is the 3074 port...that's the only port netduma seems to give the xb1 to keep it open for any of the call of duty games...if I take port 3074 and give it to my ps4 im open and then the xb1 goes to moderate...so im trying to figure out what ports xb1 uses to actually help open...I haven't tried 3075 for xb1 yet..might try it...upnp doesn't open both of mine...I cant imagine trying 3 xb1s..haha

• Netduma Staff

Achilles...Im having the same problem with my xb1 and ps4 together...though I have ps4 wired to R1 and the xb1 is wireless to a netgear as a access point...the problem I'm realizing is atleast in my case is the 3074 port...that's the only port netduma seems to give the xb1 to keep it open for any of the call of duty games...if I take port 3074 and give it to my ps4 im open and then the xb1 goes to moderate...so im trying to figure out what ports xb1 uses to actually help open...I haven't tried 3075 for xb1 yet..might try it...upnp doesn't open both of mine...I cant imagine trying 3 xb1s..haha

I've posted on the other thread. This NAT issue is the bane of our lives!

Would be nice if Rilla could post more step by step details on how he gets OPEN NAT on all of this xboxes.

I would just worry about getting open NAT on both of your consoles via the dashboard, see my reasoning below.  Read your other post, looks like you already did so I am pretty sure that is best you can do.  

Would be nice if Rilla could post more step by step details on how he gets OPEN NAT on all of this xboxes.

I think Rilla is seeing open NAT via the dash board not the in game NAT type for COD.  If you are who I think you are you know COD BOPS3 has the porting screwed up where it it almost impossible to get an in game open NAT on multiple consoles in that game without doing something crazy.  From what I can tell BOPS 3 only wants to use port 3074/5 no matter what, if it doesn't it reports it has being moderate or strict.  I am pretty sure Activision needs to get their act together and fix it!

I would just worry about getting open NAT on both of your consoles via the dashboard, see my reasoning below.  Read your other post, looks like you already did so I am pretty sure that is best you can do.  

I think Rilla is seeing open NAT via the dash board not the in game NAT type for COD.  If you are who I think you are you know COD BOPS3 has the porting screwed up where it it almost impossible to get an in game open NAT on multiple consoles in that game without doing something crazy.  From what I can tell BOPS 3 only wants to use port 3074/5 no matter what, if it doesn't it reports it has being moderate or strict.  I am pretty sure Activision needs to get their act together and fix it!

Yeah, I removed port forwarding and turned off instant on and it didn't change a thing. Guess I'll just have to deal with it being open and/or moderate for now until they change something. 

BO3 and other in game NAT status will always have a hard time getting OPEN NAT using all the various router and modem configurations. I do believe that Rilla probably sees OPEN NAT on his 4 consoles however in game, probably not. 

I to have tried many times to get OPEN NAT in game as well on 3 consoles and could not with the R1. The only time I got OPEN NAT on dashboard and in game was using a non DUMA Mfr router. 3 xb1s, No Nat modem, router and 3 xb1s and BO3. It can be done however I presume the router I was using, it's uPnP and QoS handling of virtual ports for the other two XB1s was a major player in how NAT showed OPEN in BO3 across all 3 consoles. 

• Administrators

Before I went away I did a 1 on 1 with someone and found that IW does not properly request the correct ports to be opened. Opening MWR first, showed open then going back to IW and showed open as well.

Seen this with BO3 as well sometimes. I see moderate NAT then if I do a exit game or power cycle of the xbox, NAT is OPEN in game.

Seems like IW and other games have some problems handling ports correctly. Why I always look at the dashboard NAT first and make sure that's OPEN.

What was the status on the dashboard while you were testing IW? I presume OPEN NAT...

Someone can try this users suggested solution? http://forum.netduma.com/topic/20646-2-xbox-ones-showing-open-nat-in-infinite-warfare/