Bo3 Geo-Filter .Help

Hi im learning every Day New things about the netduma.My biggest problem now is find a good Lobby at bo3. Im playing on the Xbox one and when i put my geo-filter At 1200km i find InstanT a Lobby but the connection is Bad. And when i put the geo-Filter on 600km i have to search 3min to find a Lobby and 9 of 10 the Whole Lobby is lagging, and 1 time of 10 the connection is absolutly great. The Problem is a Player is Host and thaTs Why its lagging .when i put my geo-filter on 1200 km i comes evEry time on the Same UK server. In IW Does the 600km works great. So some tipps?

I can say for sure that Simjc74 VIDEO a big Youtube'er and Frequent Netduma Raver doesn't have many issues with this as you must have... I'd recommend reaching out to him along of course with the recommendations others may have on this post... Watching his videos is what turned me on to the Netduma in the first place. I suspect he doesn't have any problems finding lobbies. One of his videos talks about the time of day when you are trying to connect, jitter and ping, and the different countries you may be trying to connect to in relation to your region. It does seem odd that you'd be having issues connecting. I do remember that BO3 had a fantastic setting that told you the % of players per game mode you were trying to play. So if for example you are trying to search for HCTDM, you may find less lobbies than if you were looking for CDOM. What Game Modes are you trying to play? 

• Netduma Staff

Hi im learning every Day New things about the netduma.My biggest problem now is find a good Lobby at bo3. Im playing on the Xbox one and when i put my geo-filter At 1200km i find InstanT a Lobby but the connection is Bad. And when i put the geo-Filter on 600km i have to search 3min to find a Lobby and 9 of 10 the Whole Lobby is lagging, and 1 time of 10 the connection is absolutly great. The Problem is a Player is Host and thaTs Why its lagging .when i put my geo-filter on 1200 km i comes evEry time on the Same UK server. In IW Does the 600km works great. So some tipps?

Usually for gaming I would recommend these settings:

- 1000km Distance

- 0 Ping Assist
- Strict Mode On
- 70% anti-flood
- Put your device in Hyper Traffic (in Congestion Control)
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do an Internet Diagnosis test

You could however try using the CoD Ultimate profile and see if that setup works for you. EmOmega is correct above in saying that particular game modes can get you more frequent games, so your game mode also matters. If you could also let us know the results of an Internet Diagnosis test we can help troubleshoot your issues.

Lag will always be around. Depends on other gamers networking configurations and set up. Weather everyone is LAN wire connected with there consoles, which is preferred or wireless.

Whats your ISP speed service UP and Down?

Whats your ISP Modem Mfr and model?

Using good LAN cable between modem, router and game console? CAT6 is recommended.

I have my Filter set for 1400Km I believe. It encompasses the entire USA for me. I get plenty of matches.

A bit more information might help, Unless I'm missing something which I usually am, Where about in the world are you? do you know where your nearest dedicated server is, are you wired, wifi. what is your ping in game, do you boot up the game before you enable the geo filter. After you make any adjustments do you wait two minutes before trying to find another lobby?

I would personally not recommend throttling your connection any more than is needed to get good results on buffer bloat.

• Netduma Staff

Im from Germany , wired ,60-90pinG,

What ping do you get to the host in-game? And also, what do the results of an Internet Diagnostics test show? If your Diagnostics test shows bad results, please run a Pingplotter test for a few hours (pinging something like Twitter.com) and post screenshots of the results here.

• Netduma Staff

Ping in game 60-90 .my tests are good about an 25 ping and enough up and download cap from our 50 k.The netduma is in the room next to me about 5m.but i still playing on lan so that cannot be the problem

Your in-game ping isn't too bad, and your base ping is pretty good. It doesn't seem like you have jitter/spikes, but a screenshot of your Internet Diagnostics test would help. As it stands though, there's not really any reason why you should be getting lag as badly as you've said. Did you try all the settings I suggested?

What Modem Mfr and model are you using?

I recommend that you have your ISP check the cabling going to the ISP modem, check signal levels going to the ISP modem. For DSL or Fiber service lines, ensure that the ISP is using good working phone or cable lines to the DSL modem and that the phone lines are filtered correctly. For cable Internet, RG-6 coaxial cable is needed, not RG-59. Check for t.v. line splitters and remove them as they can introduce noise on the line and lower the signal going to the ISP modem. I recommend having the ISP service physically check the lines going from the out side to the ISP modem. Connecting to the ISP modem could result in a false positive as the signal to the modem could be just enough to that point then adding on a router, could see problems. The router operation is dependent upon getting good data flow from the ISP modem and the modem is dependent upon getting good signal from the ISP Service.

• Netduma Staff

What is a internet diagnostics test ? Is it the Same as speedtest?

Internet Diagnostics is a function of the Netduma; access the interface and click "Internet Diagnostics" on the side menu. Click "Run Test", and let us know your results.

• Netduma Staff

I tried everything, other lan cable it simple not work

Ah since you were on the phone interface, you can't see the side menu text. No worries; I'd recommend running that same test wired into a PC, though it looks like you've got a high base ping. That could be caused by running the test wirelessly on a phone, but if you still get an "OK" reading for Ping then that'll explain your high ping in games. Just to clarify; if a player is hosting the game, you won't necessarily get more lag. We also can't prevent other players from lagging - the Netduma gets you the best host, but you might still encounter lag from time to time.

Your base ping relies on your ISP equipment and your line, so if you wanted to reduce it you could start there.

• Administrators

What's your physical setup? 

Also provide the screenshots asked for here: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-

Your base ping is around 38ms so you won't get a game ping under that.