Packet loss in every single IW game on PS4

Every single time i join a game in progress or found a new lobby for a fresh start game this "Packet loss" icon appears and dissapears in the entire match. Sometimes it turns red but mostly stays in yellow. I dont know how i managed to joined a lobby without this "Packet loss" icon and the conection was good, almost no lag and having a great time (just had a decent conection in a long time). Now every time i join a lobby the icon appears and the lag is back again. I tried to join diferent lobbies with no luck. I live in Ecuador and the closest server due to my location is in Florida with 70 ms, but when im in game it goes up from 110 ms - 150 ms and sometimes it goes down on 70 ms but doesnt stay. 

Any help would be apreciated.

post-8404-0-47949600-1489845941_thumb.png

post-8404-0-92851900-1489845942_thumb.png

post-8404-0-83443500-1489845943_thumb.png

post-8404-0-07189100-1489845946_thumb.png

post-8404-0-31065900-1489845947_thumb.png

post-8404-0-87481600-1489845949_thumb.png

post-8404-0-71634400-1489845950_thumb.png

post-8404-0-54098500-1489846208_thumb.png

That's not just the packet loss icon...

I don't know what that other one means though.

I asked @ActivAssist what they meant and they wouldn't tell me.

I got a P2P game in Cuba (high ping) and the enemies had that other icon - it was a lagfest.

is there a reason your congestion control is set to 100? 

Yes, when i lower to 70/70 the game lags even more. Every time i trhow a graneade or reload theres a significant delay witting i press the button. Im only 50 down and 1.5mb down.

That's not just the packet loss icon...

I don't know what that other one means though.

I asked @ActivAssist what they meant and they wouldn't tell me.

I got a P2P game in Cuba (high ping) and the enemies had that other icon - it was a lagfest.

The three hexagons shows packet loss the other one is just high ping but mostly i just have the packet loss icon.

Im guessing you mean 50 down and 1.4 up. 

Gaming uses very little bandwidth so you could lower it a little. No harm in trying. Try around 85-90 on both. 

Have you tried checking if you are getting packet loss on your line or if it is just on IW

With your Geo set like that, are you still getting dedicated servers?

I have seen the packet loss icons in every single game of P2P in IW, literally every P2P game.

Every single time i join a game in progress or found a new lobby for a fresh start game this "Packet loss" icon appears and dissapears in the entire match. Sometimes it turns red but mostly stays in yellow. I dont know how i managed to joined a lobby without this "Packet loss" icon and the conection was good, almost no lag and having a great time (just had a decent conection in a long time). Now every time i join a lobby the icon appears and the lag is back again. I tried to join diferent lobbies with no luck. I live in Ecuador and the closest server due to my location is in Florida with 70 ms, but when im in game it goes up from 110 ms - 150 ms and sometimes it goes down on 70 ms but doest stay. 

Any help would be apreciated.

Where did you find that out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh3W8RZvmHY&t=269s

With your Geo set like that, are you still getting dedicated servers?

I have seen the packet loss icons in every single game of P2P in IW, literally every P2P game.

Honestly, i dont know how to find any P2P games on IW. Im just connecting to the server in Florida.

He's talking about the packet loss icon, it's the other one I'm wondering about.

Honestly, i dont know how to find any P2P games on IW. Im just connecting to the server in Florida.

You'll only usually find P2P if you're cutting off the dedis with the Geo filter (and you'll get some P2P randomly anyway).

Are you checking it's definitely the dedi when you're seeing these icons?

He's talking about the packet loss icon, it's the other one I'm wondering about.

You'll only usually find P2P if you're cutting off the dedis with the Geo filter (and you'll get some P2P randomly anyway).

Are you checking it's definitely the dedi when you're seeing these icons?

The closest server due to my location is Florida, im obviously going to conect to that server, it gives me 70ms but doesnt stay. Im not sure if is really the dedi causing the problem but this happens not only in my closest server.

The closest server due to my location is Florida, im obviously going to conect to that server

That's what I'm asking, are you checking that you are on this server when you see the icons?

Or could it be P2P?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

You are somewhat forced to use that server, so if it is the issue theres not much you can do about it. Though you will be experiencing local congestion most likely, you say with 70/70 that you get more lag. That shouldn't happen if ALL devices are connected to the R1. Some people claim that throttling more heavily actually has a positive impact on their gaming experience so you could try that.

I get that Florida server a lot and I live in Florida. I think is the sever in general. I get a constant 16ping and the lag is crazy. A lot of people from Puerto Rico and other closer Spanish countries connect to the Florida server. I always have a horrible time. If I'm not connecting there I'm just getting p2p games. IW is very inconsistent plus the low player base is making it worse.