Netduma R1 connection setup for Singtel Fiber

Hi, does anyone know how to connect and set up the netduma r1 to the singtel fiber modem. (from Singapore)

Other routers like asus, has a specific vlan tag singtel profile.

Or, is the only way to connect the Netduma to the singtel provided router and stack the connections, router on router.

Hope someone from singapore can help!

cheers!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum! 

You're able to input a VLAN Tag into the Netduma settings. Which I believe you'll need to use Tag 10 for Singtel internet.

If this doesn't work then you could do the Modem > Router (R1 in DMZ) > Netduma with all devices connected to the Netduma and wifi off on the intermediary router.

Welcome to the forum Machinist. Any update on this? Do you require any help?

Hi Jack, Sorry for the late reply.

Could i do Modem > Singtel Router > Netduma R1 in DMZ with all devices connected to the Duma?

however, IPTV (singtel) connected to the Singtel Router.

Cheers

Hi Fraser,

Will give it a try on the Vlan tagging, as the IPTV is Vlan tag20, meaning i need to set 2 Vlan Tags.

One more interesting observation after installing/applying the Netduma , i never seem to host any FUT seasons matches. 

Connections are good and stable with the geo filter and ping assist settings.

However, interesting before the Netduma, i do actually Host majority of the games on FUT online Seasons.

And i read that the Host is always the one with the better internet connection?

Does this mean i am losing some internet speed with the Netduma router? Afterall, my setup is not as per the Netduma recommendation due to my IPTV subscription.

Modem > Singtel Router > Netduma R1  with all devices connected to the Duma

also, i have not put the netdum in DMZ. Double firewall causing this issue? Will put the Netduma in DMZ tonight and test whether i can start to Host games on FUT online seasons again.

Cheers

Hey, welcome to the forum! 

You're able to input a VLAN Tag into the Netduma settings. Which I believe you'll need to use Tag 10 for Singtel internet.

If this doesn't work then you could do the Modem > Router (R1 in DMZ) > Netduma with all devices connected to the Netduma and wifi off on the intermediary router.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hey Machinist, how have you got on in the last week? I shouldn't think hosting would be affected by the duma. A 'better' internet connection when it comes to online gaming would be a lower ping given not much bandwidth is needed.

Using DMZ should get rid of the double NAT/firewall issue.

Hey Machinist, how have you got on in the last week? I shouldn't think hosting would be affected by the duma. A 'better' internet connection when it comes to online gaming would be a lower ping given not much bandwidth is needed.

Using DMZ should get rid of the double NAT/firewall issue.

Hi Fraser, yes i have placed the Duma on DMZ mode (on static ip). 

Generally, most games are smooth. However, i am still tinkering with the Duma to get the best settings to achieve good bufferbloat and speed.