Matchmaking issues in Destiny

We unfortuately were hit by a severe windstorm last week that knocked the power out for 4 days. After power was restored I have been experiencing matchmaking issues in Destiny. I have done some troubleshooting using the networking guide but nothing has worked. I am a green bar while in orbit and on my own in a mission but the second I have to matchmake into any activity I immediately become a red bar. Im not sure what could have happened to cause this. Both my xbox 1 and my PS4 are affected by this issue. I can confirm that my NAT is open on both systems but receive "Beetle" and "Anteater" error codes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I discovered that my ISP had lost power as well and reset their system to default, which erased the network bridge I had done. I just picked up a new modem/wifi router from the cable company yesterday. I have bridged the network and turned off the wifi from my modem. I played a raid last night after doing so and the matchmaking worked great, no issues. Today though occasionally the internet will stop working. I reboot my R1 however the when I do it says "error has occurred please post this issue to the Netduma forums", the internet is restored even with the error which is baffling to me. I forgot to grab a screenshot last time it happened and have not recreated the issue to get you one. Should I continue with your suggestion or is there another route to take.

• Netduma Staff

I discovered that my ISP had lost power as well and reset their system to default, which erased the network bridge I had done. I just picked up a new modem/wifi router from the cable company yesterday. I have bridged the network and turned off the wifi from my modem. I played a raid last night after doing so and the matchmaking worked great, no issues. Today though occasionally the internet will stop working. I reboot my R1 however the when I do it says "error has occurred please post this issue to the Netduma forums", the internet is restored even with the error which is baffling to me. I forgot to grab a screenshot last time it happened and have not recreated the issue to get you one. Should I continue with your suggestion or is there another route to take.

If you could get a screenshot of that error that would be great. Does it occur on the Misc settings page? It sounds like your Destiny matchmaking issues are resolved, but can you tell me more about your setup? If you connect your Duma to a PC via ethernet, does your Internet still drop out? Do you still get that error even on a wired PC? Is it just wireless devices losing Internet access?

Yes the error occurs in the misc settings page. My current setup is as follows.

-modem to Netduma

- netduma wired to xbox one and playstation 4

- all other devices wirelessly connected at the moment, in the process of setting up an office which will add a dock for a Microsoft Surface and a laptop wired to the R1.

Currently the only time the internet has dropped is through wireless devices. We havent been using anything wired when it happened.

Question. With LFG groups bypassing the geofilter - e.g. 1 user in range and other 2 members of the fireteam located on the opposite side of the earth, is it possible to have strict mode enabled so that you simply can't play those laggy people?

• Netduma Staff

Yes the error occurs in the misc settings page. My current setup is as follows.

-modem to Netduma

- netduma wired to xbox one and playstation 4

- all other devices wirelessly connected at the moment, in the process of setting up an office which will add a dock for a Microsoft Surface and a laptop wired to the R1.

Currently the only time the internet has dropped is through wireless devices. We havent been using anything wired when it happened.

Please check out this guide and let me know if any of these solutions help you: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022405-why-does-the-netduma-wifi-keep-dropping-out-

Question. With LFG groups bypassing the geofilter - e.g. 1 user in range and other 2 members of the fireteam located on the opposite side of the earth, is it possible to have strict mode enabled so that you simply can't play those laggy people?

I responded to your other thread.

So it happened again this morning and I was able to grab a screenshot. I attached it but if it doesnt come through its because Im on mobile and Ill resend it when I get home from work.

Both the wired and wireless connection were knocked out. I couldnt access anything on my phone so I went down and checked to see if the Xbox would connect, which it did not. Dont know if that changes my options?

• Netduma Staff

So it happened again this morning and I was able to grab a screenshot. I attached it but if it doesnt come through its because Im on mobile and Ill resend it when I get home from work.

Both the wired and wireless connection were knocked out. I couldnt access anything on my phone so I went down and checked to see if the Xbox would connect, which it did not. Dont know if that changes my options?

Your screenshot isn't attached. You could upload it to Imgur or a similar site and give us the link if it's easier. Did you try the steps on the guide I sent you? Have you tried with WiFi workaround ticked? Is your router near any other wireless devices that could be causing issues?

http://imgur.com/a/qDxOd

I was having trouble uploading through the forum post so I attached the link. I have not been able to mess with the settings yet, that is my plan for tonight. I will post my results afterwards. 

The router is now located in our office, the only wireless devices in that room are our cell phones when we are in there. 

Settings have been changed. Everything seems fine right now, I will let you know if there are any issues. Thank you for the help. 

Just thought of a question. Should my modem and R1 be on the same channel. I turned my wifi off on the modem and noticed it was on channel 11 and my R1 is on channel 1. Gut instinct is, it doesn't matter because its turned off, however, I just want to be certain.

• Netduma Staff

Settings have been changed. Everything seems fine right now, I will let you know if there are any issues. Thank you for the help. 

Just thought of a question. Should my modem and R1 be on the same channel. I turned my wifi off on the modem and noticed it was on channel 11 and my R1 is on channel 1. Gut instinct is, it doesn't matter because its turned off, however, I just want to be certain.

That's great that you're up and running; please let us know if you encounter any more issues. You're correct in saying that it won't really matter; if you're figuring out which channel to use, I'd recommend using a WiFi analyser to find the least congested one. It's not much of a problem if you don't though :)

• Netduma Staff

I am still having issues. For some reason about every 6 to 12 hours the internet is completely cut out. Should I contact my ISP? Seems odd that the R1 would be causing this.

This issue does seem unlikely to be caused by the R1. The best way to see is to disconnect the Netduma and see if it still occurs. How long does the WiFi drop out for?

• Netduma Staff

The internet in general will drop out until I reboot the modem. It will work after that. My fear though is that if I keep forcing a reboot will result in my equipment failing.

My advice would be to contact your ISP to get to the bottom of the issue. If the Netduma is unplugged and your Internet still goes down, there's unfortunately not much we can do for you. Some other users here might be able to advise you. Could you let us know what modem you have and your provider?

I have a Ubee DDW36C modem provided by Time Warner Cable soon to be Spectrum. I have a tech coming for the ISP on wednesday afternoon to check out my hardware and wiring.

I spoke with my ISP yesterday and had disconnected my R1 during the conversation. Afterwards I plugged my R1 back in, I was able to hold a connection to the internet through the night. Not sure if it is still connected because Im at work now but thought that was an interesting observation.

I also had a thought last night that I figured I run by you. Could it be possible that my R1 was damaged during the power outage? Is it possible that it would still work intermittently? Or if the router is damaged would it not work at all?

• Netduma Staff

I have a Ubee DDW36C modem provided by Time Warner Cable soon to be Spectrum. I have a tech coming for the ISP on wednesday afternoon to check out my hardware and wiring.

I spoke with my ISP yesterday and had disconnected my R1 during the conversation. Afterwards I plugged my R1 back in, I was able to hold a connection to the internet through the night. Not sure if it is still connected because Im at work now but thought that was an interesting observation.

I also had a thought last night that I figured I run by you. Could it be possible that my R1 was damaged during the power outage? Is it possible that it would still work intermittently? Or if the router is damaged would it not work at all?

Interesting; well keep us updated on how this goes with your ISP. When did you buy your Netduma? It's very rare for a power outage to break a router - I've only ever seen it happen once due to a lightning strike. If you've got it plugged into a surge protected plug then I'd say it's extremely unlikely.

• Netduma Staff

I bought my R1 about 2 years ago. I have it plugged in to a power strip, not certain off the top of my head if its surge protected.

Could you let us know if this problem happens again? It sounds like it's a bit more stable now, but if it's still happening then let us know and we'll go from there.

ISP came and fixed some of the wiring and hardware at my house. I am still dealing with issues with staying connected to the internet through my R1. I will be unhooking my R1 later today and try running off my modem/router from the ISP. If I can stay connected through that route, what should I do? My wife works from home a few times a week and I need to have reliable internet. I really like your product but I am getting an overwhelming feeling that Im in over my head here.

ISP came and fixed some of the wiring and hardware at my house. I am still dealing with issues with staying connected to the internet through my R1. I will be unhooking my R1 later today and try running off my modem/router from the ISP. If I can stay connected through that route, what should I do? My wife works from home a few times a week and I need to have reliable internet. I really like your product but I am getting an overwhelming feeling that Im in over my head here.

Hi,

can i help you on this? :)

• Administrators

Please do a factory reset from settings > miscellaneous and see if that stops the connectivity issues.