Can ISPs offer you better routing?

Say the traffic my data is taking now after it leaves my ISP has alot of jitter and congestion is there anything I can do to have them offer me a better route or am I always going to be stuck on shitty routes until I get a new ISP, and if I can get a better route how do I go about asking them for this?

probably not possible for cable, DSL, or Fiber, unless it was a serious no internet connection issue, they won't come out unless they really need to, most ISP's won't even touch your modem, like Arris, Netgear, etc because their liable if they damage it while changing settings, what they told me anyways for Suddenlink Cable.

Yeah well I just tried to talk to my ISP tech support and I asked them about routing and they said that it was all up to Xbox one how my traffic gets routed which sound alot like BS to me lol. I noticed though on DSL reports the the "target IP address" aka I'm thinking my IP or modem gets like 3ms of jitter and sometimes packet loss even though I have the CC set...I don't get that honestly

Depends on how good customer service does the ISP offer. I have seen some ISPs that say screw you if you are getting the speed you are paying for then its fine and they don't care about routing and line quality while some ISPs are willing to help and know that fast internet speeds are nothing without stability and line quality. 

Yeah, well half the problem is these "tech support" guys don't even know what they are talking about lol. I asked them that question and they said it's determined by Microsoft....I was like uh... right....Pretty sure it's not. They have an advanced tech support that cover like "extra" more in depth things I'm guessing they are the ones to ask, because these guys seem like the generic tech support for basic things. But it costs 15/month just to have that support....However if that 15/month got me a cleaner better route then I would DEFINITELY pay it. But I have a feeling it doesn't or wouldn't.

I have DSL if that makes any difference btw. The thing is they do have business grade but for me it just means they would come out to me before other people. Basically just a higher priority kind of thing. I'm not sure if that really means I'll get anything special. I've asked that before because I figured usually business class is better but in my case it doesn't mean jack squat. I wish I could get cable but the only other options I have is bonded DSL and that is pretty irrelevant as we know speed is not equal to a better ping/ quality game especially since nobody really used bandwidth on my end.

I think I am on fast path tbh. Lol I can't remember for sure though. My problem seems to be jitter. Idk I'm gonna have to run a ping plotter just to be 100% sure because DSL reports uses only their servers and who knows if that even helps create the best results vs ping anything I want.