Need examples for device prioritisation

the more you drag a dot toward one of the items the more "important" you are saying it is.

This means you should drag your xbox to something like 50

Drag your PC to something like 20

Drag your wife laptop to something like 20

the rest like iOS devices will be lower and even.

forum bug. If you edit a post the image link is gone. Then adding the same image results in you are not alowed to add this extension (it’s a png that worked a minute before)

The fritz is a wired wifi extender btw. I guess it needs some prio.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Roads,

One of our other pppoe customers noticed a bug with the flower. The new update fixes it. If you have share_excess ticked, then having a device with 0% will be fine. As it will borrow from others that are not using. If you have share_excess unticked then you're asking for trouble :P 

Must I imagine this like all devices are trying to pull full bandwidth from the net then my consoles will get about 25% the Wifi and the phones a bit and the rest nothing?

Why are the host filtered devices in there if they are treated differently anyway? This whole device prio is for the band that is left from host filtering, no?

Simple question and for sure not simple to do but Why cant the Prio star not align itself due to bandwidth usage? You will see over time that my Satellite receiver and my Onkyo receiver don't pull much bandwidth but there will be some large traffic over the PC. Some intelligent system would be nice, something more intelligent than me setting this up :D

Its an internet budget. To each his own. Start off with your console having the most. if one device isn't working to your liking(not fast enough), increase the budget. Its going to take some tinkering to suit your needs.

Ok but I don't want the PC or any other device not reaching max speed when there is enough bandwidth left.

then you can't use Congestion Control... :( i suppose you could only turn it on when gaming? maybe ask for a feature that toggles settings when gaming devices are active.

Surely just leave share excess on / ticked and then any device will utilise the spare bandwidth available at a give time?

Sorry if I've missed something, I appear to have picked up abc's man flu! 

Archived