Opinions on my line

post-6326-0-85920400-1489129608_thumb.png

post-6326-0-37879500-1489129623_thumb.png

How do you guys think my line looks? These results are through my Duma which is connected to my TC-7610 (Comcast is my ISP). Does my jitter look OK? And I feel like my ping is a little too high to Twitter. I'm only bringing this up because I'd like some opinions on it. I'm not complaining about me lagging a lot and having bad gameplay at all (although I feel like I'm not having as much consistency as I think I should be having because I have my setup pretty much spot on). I guess this is just for my own peace of mind haha Just would like to know if anyone sees any issues or something that looks odd to see if I'm OK and I'm overthinking things, or if there looks to be an issue I should bring up to Comcast. Thanks.   

attachicon.gifComcast Line Test.png

attachicon.gifTW Line Test.png

How do you guys think my line looks? These results are through my Duma which is connected to my TC-7610 (Comcast is my ISP). Does my jitter look OK? And I feel like my ping is a little too high to Twitter. I'm only bringing this up because I'd like some opinions on it. I'm not complaining about me lagging a lot and having bad gameplay at all (although I feel like I'm not having as much consistency as I think I should be having because I have my setup pretty much spot on). I guess this is just for my own peace of mind haha Just would like to know if anyone sees any issues or something that looks odd to see if I'm OK and I'm overthinking things, or if there looks to be an issue I should bring up to Comcast. Thanks.   

A bit of jitter but a high stable ping is better than a jittery connection... Usually comcast is pretty solid for me

For some reason my ping to twitter is always higher too and a little less stable.

But when I run PP to Spectrum (my ISP) there are lower and more stable,I'm guessing for the same reasons Z stated.

Don't make fun of me if I sound silly for asking haha but would a new coaxial cable running from my splitter to my modem help at all? The one I currently have running to my modem is 6-8 years old. 

Don't make fun of me if I sound silly for asking haha but would a new coaxial cable running from my splitter to my modem help at all? The one I currently have running to my modem is 6-8 years old. 

Couldn't hurt really... You could get some new RG6 coax to help too

I don't know if it would have deteriorated but as MoDBoX said, there's no harm in trying. Especially if there's new stuff (I'm guessing that's what RG6 is).

Just don't remove your old cable with bolt-cutters or put the new one in with a wrecking ball ;)

Got my new coax installed (I did it myself, RG6 like MoD suggested too) and I THINK there's an improvement haha In my previous post when pinging Twitter I was getting 75-90ms. Now I'm getting 38-45ms, not sure if it's because it pinged a closer server to me but I've done it multiple times and kept getting the same result. Also notice a bit less jitter too. And from what I understand, the closer to 0 your downstream dBmV is the better right? My upstream dBmV is between 45-49 for all channels.

I'm actually getting a better ping to Twitter wireless now than I did wired with my previous coax, obviously even better when wired now too. Is that weird? Is this all just a strange coincidence? haha I know very little about these things compared to some of you geniuses. 

Got my new coax installed (I did it myself, RG6 like MoD suggested too) and I THINK there's an improvement haha In my previous post when pinging Twitter I was getting 75-90ms. Now I'm getting 38-45ms, not sure if it's because it pinged a closer server to me but I've done it multiple times and kept getting the same result. Also notice a bit less jitter too. And from what I understand, the closer to 0 your downstream dBmV is the better right? My upstream dBmV is between 45-49 for all channels.

Upstream power you usually want it less than 50-55 otherwise your modem could start restarting. It will never be 0 because this is how much power your modem has to put out in order to reach your ISP. Generally lower is better here.

I'm actually getting a better ping to Twitter wireless now than I did wired with my previous coax, obviously even better when wired now too. Is that weird? Is this all just a strange coincidence? haha I know very little about these things compared to some of you geniuses. 

As for the lower ping, Twitter could just be routing your traffic to a different server today. Unless you know it's the same IP, then that's odd. The only way the cable would lower your ping/jitter is if every piece of cable was replaced with RG6 up until it changed to fiber. But even then it would be minimal unless you have some serious interference in the area.

Upstream power you usually want it less than 50-55 otherwise your modem could start restarting. It will never be 0 because this is how much power your modem has to put out in order to reach your ISP. Generally lower is better here.

As for the lower ping, Twitter could just be routing your traffic to a different server today. Unless you know it's the same IP, then that's odd. The only way the cable would lower your ping/jitter is if every piece of cable was replaced with RG6 up until it changed to fiber. But even then it would be minimal unless you have some serious interference in the area.

Yeah will never be 0, but the closer to it the better I thought. Used to fluctuate between -10 and +10, now it's been fluctuating between -3 and +3.

I thought the same for Twitter but so far things have looked better on Pingplotter, yesterday and today. I pretty much have all completely new cabling now.

EDIT: You're right, different IP so must be a closer server. You're smart haha