Huge lag when playing although i have good ping from host

i followed instructions to reduce lag while playing and using Geo filter. i have good ping from host, when i am playing lag is huge. 

i attached the requested files for diagnosis as requested. 

please can you help, not able to know the problem. 

thanks a lot 

post-13590-0-58089500-1489126189_thumb.png

post-13590-0-80402700-1489126191_thumb.png

post-13590-0-33830400-1489126193_thumb.png

post-13590-0-44331700-1489126194_thumb.png

post-13590-0-80239400-1489126195_thumb.png

post-13590-0-20212900-1489126197_thumb.png

post-13590-0-25022600-1489126199_thumb.png

post-13590-0-06256100-1489126201_thumb.png

first of all, have you used pingplotter to see how your connection is performing? you may have a good ping but if you have a bad line that can make all the difference.

also have you tested for bufferbloat too? dslreports is a good site to test for that.

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

I have moved this to General Support.

ALL devices should be connected behind the R1, then use 70/70 anti-flood, reset device prioritisation. Put your console into hyper traffic. You should definitely not be lagging with that ping so it is likely local congestion so these suggestions will help.

Definitely nothing wrong with that ping, wish I had it... ;)

As Fraser said if everything isn't connected to the duma and your gaming with your sliders at 100 percent as in the pics, then moving them to 70/70 and adjust from there as your leaving no headroom for the traffic on your network in your home.

I have made the 70 : 70 for upload and download and connected all to netduma. 

Plus i have tried pingplotter and dslreports they have gave garade A connection. 

But still lag is there. 

i want to mention that when i m playing to a near host the lag is coming in form of very slow frame picture when playing on the TV.

When i increase the range on the GEO FILTER playing with a far host the frame on the TV are smooth but i feel a huge lag as i am nit able to kill a player from behind. the player has time to look back and shoot at me and kill me. 

Maybe this will give a hint to solve my problem.

thanks guys for the help. 

yep IW indeed

IW is hit and miss for people's have zero issues with it and others have major issues with the way it runs.

I would just make sure your home network is set up properly and maybe start tweaking the slider settings on your CC and see if you notice a difference in gameplay as everyone's settings and home network are going to be different.The key is to find the sweet spot for your connection, whatever those settings may be.

Are you playing on a TV as opposed to a monitor? As that could actually be the cause in itself, TV's often have a higher response rate (bad) takes longer for your button press to show on screen.

yep i am playing on tv. however the weird thing is that when i play with a far host the frames on tv are smooth when playing with a near host is the opposite. 

Can't really pinpoint the problem. 

• Administrators

yep i am playing on tv. however the weird thing is that when i play with a far host the frames on tv are smooth when playing with a near host is the opposite. 

Can't really pinpoint the problem. 

That could sort of make sense because your actions will be delayed anyway so they sort of match with the delayedness of the TV 

What make and model is the TV and I will check the input lag on-line if at all possible.

Not all TV's have bad input lag, mine is a really quick TV you just have to do your homework before buying.

IW is hit and miss for people's have zero issues with it and others have major issues with the way it runs.

Yep this is IW at its finest.

Turn a corner run half way along a wall and woops i was meant to die before turning said corner. So i get yanked back and die.

And my ping to server is rarely above 10ms.

Pathetic netcode, certain maps pathetic spawns i wonder why i bother sometimes. Although i do get the upper hand sometimes.

I tell a story on forums YT comments etc and no one believes me.

I honestly think im done with online gaming, ive been at it for too long and im not getting any younger.

What make and model is the TV and I will check the input lag on-line if at all possible.

Not all TV's have bad input lag, mine is a really quick TV you just have to do your homework before buying.

My TV is a Samsung UA65KU7000K, thanks for the help

I can not find the UA or UN series I can not find the UE. Samsung's are usually around 20ms with the worst around 35ms.

If it is 20ms then it is only 10ms slower than a Benq gaming monitor.

Yep this is IW at its finest.

Turn a corner run half way along a wall and woops i was meant to die before turning said corner. So i get yanked back and die.

And my ping to server is rarely above 10ms.

Pathetic netcode, certain maps pathetic spawns i wonder why i bother sometimes. Although i do get the upper hand sometimes.

I tell a story on forums YT comments etc and no one believes me.

I honestly think im done with online gaming, ive been at it for too long and im not getting any younger.

Funny enough...have same problems, and have also said i'll give up lately too. Just can't be arsed anymore. I know i'll miss it a bit too...thats the hard part.

I've been saying the same thing to myself,I have some terrible online games with my character being pulled back a lot and my bullets feeling as though the first shot just doesn't count in any gun fight,I'm a sweaty try hard and openly admit that lol which is what gets me through games but at 32 years old I'm getting tired of it but I can assure you I'll be around for many cods to come just can't help myself ha

• Administrators

I can not find the UA or UN series I can not find the UE. Samsung's are usually around 20ms with the worst around 35ms.

If it is 20ms then it is only 10ms slower than a Benq gaming monitor.

Benq gaming monitors have 10ms response rate?! That's shocking, I always go for 1ms if possible.

Benq gaming monitors have 10ms response rate?! That's shocking, I always go for 1ms if possible.

10ms input lag not response time, two different things :)

10ms input lag being quite low, though there is some really quick ones on the market now.

Response time is the time it takes a pixel to go from black to white and input lag is the time it takes for the image from your console to display on the screen.

hello jimmydaou,

i see that you are located in KSA right?

if yes! well this is our problem here, i am from Kuwait and the lag is our best friend for gaming online.

i tried many many things to take down the ping/latency down, the minimum ping for me is around 160 ms - 230 ms.

our ISP's routing is so bad, they always use TATA communication (located in Singapore) and Gulf Brig (GBI) for GCC countries.

i don't know what your ISP route, anyway i believe you have better than our ISP's.

DO NOT LET THE HOST BE KUWAITI :) because we are the lag core LOL!

always try to play with UAE or Qatar and check the game again

good luck 

I'm surprised you're able to even find player hosted games. Nearly every lobby of TDM on west EU servers has players connecting from Saudi, Kuwait, UAE and Qatar.

Every copy of CoD sold in the middle east should come with a free Netduma haha ;)

• Administrators

10ms input lag not response time, two different things :)

10ms input lag being quite low, though there is some really quick ones on the market now.

Response time is the time it takes a pixel to go from black to white and input lag is the time it takes for the image from your console to display on the screen.

Ahh makes sense, the more you know! :)

--

That's a ridiculously good ping so the Duma is doing it's job. I'd recommend trying to get a different host and seeing if that plays better.