Infinite Warfare LAGGGG

I remember buying ghosts on release and playing for hours it was glorious all the way through its life cycle for me and I thought wow they really have finally nailed great net code and connections across the board,cod will only get better i thought lol how wrong was I

And yet thats still voted the worst CoD ever made :/ Imho, it was the best for everything.

Just spent an hour playing IW using my iPhone's wifi as a hotspot and was doing better than I have been as of late with the Duma lol!

Got a fair few wardens :D

Only bad part about it is that I was always connecting p2p's so had the red symbols coming up every few seconds.

Tried playing again today, had one game with working bullets. That means I've had just one game with an acceptable connection since the last update, and that's while on <25ms to any of the four servers within a 300 mile radius of me. That's 25ms to France, 20ms to Germany, 13ms to the Netherlands and 7ms to the UK. That one game was on the German server; as soon as I got dumped on to the Dutch or English one it was like playing on a 2 bar.

I wasn't looking forward to another Participation Trophy of Duty: Supply Drop Ops but Ghosts gave me SUPERB connections (I mean 99% of the time) and I assumed it would be at least half as decent as that. Silly me for thinking Infinity Ward would get it right again, and for daring to play on under half a frame of latency.

So I tried the settings ya boy posted and there monster solo but in a party with one or more friends I lag like no other!!! I guess I'm gonna play around with different settings in a party, played 8-10 games solo and have an average KDR of 5.3 and haven't lost a game, and partied up with a buddy who is only 300miles from me and lagged like no other...  Not sure why everyone else's connection affects mine negatively? 

I came across this thread that I followed a while back but just completely forgot about: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/10793-working-theory-for-east-coast-usa-players-in-bo3/. Obviously everyone lives in different parts of the world so you can't just put your location in the middle of the US if you live in the UK and expect to have awesome games (I'm fortunate enough to live on the East Coast so I can), but the concept of the post makes so much sense and it has helped me more than anything else I've tried in this game, BO3 as well. I still use preemptive algorithm even though I technically should use reactive, only because things just feel much smoother with that algorithm for me, but moving your geofilter location to get a similar ping to the average of the lobby has made the difference in IW night and day for me. Yeah I get a 10-12ms ping to my local server, but some of the people I play against have 80+ ping and they're the ones who ruin the lobby for me and allow for lag comp to kick in a lot more, not to mention my NJ server can sometimes get pretty overloaded. Like he says in the post, it's not about feeling like a god in the lobby, it's more about having everything fair. Of course I still get WTF moments when I play, but the consistency of games I get now ever since I started following the ideas in the thread listed above have been ridiculously better. I've been absolutely destroying for the past couple days lol Hopefully I don't sound like an idiot and everyone can understand me here (I'm posting this after getting home from working a night shift), but I highly recommend reading that thread and giving those tips a try. It made the biggest difference in the world for me.

I came across this thread that I followed a while back but just completely forgot about: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/10793-working-theory-for-east-coast-usa-players-in-bo3/. Obviously everyone lives in different parts of the world so you can't just put your location in the middle of the US if you live in the UK and expect to have awesome games (I'm fortunate enough to live on the East Coast so I can), but the concept of the post makes so much sense and it has helped me more than anything else I've tried in this game, BO3 as well. I still use preemptive algorithm even though I technically should use reactive, only because things just feel much smoother with that algorithm for me, but moving your geofilter location to get a similar ping to the average of the lobby has made the difference in IW night and day for me. Yeah I get a 10-12ms ping to my local server, but some of the people I play against have 80+ ping and they're the ones who ruin the lobby for me and allow for lag comp to kick in a lot more, not to mention my NJ server can sometimes get pretty overloaded. Like he says in the post, it's not about feeling like a god in the lobby, it's more about having everything fair. Of course I still get WTF moments when I play, but the consistency of games I get now ever since I started following the ideas in the thread listed above have been ridiculously better. I've been absolutely destroying for the past couple days lol Hopefully I don't sound like an idiot and everyone can understand me here (I'm posting this after getting home from working a night shift), but I highly recommend reading that thread and giving those tips a try. It made the biggest difference in the world for me.

All I can see is that he changed his geo filter to a different area and I've been doing that all along. I've been connecting to low ping players and servers and makes no difference to me.

Not long ago I connected to the NYC and NJ servers at a ping of 110ms and had far less lag than on more local servers around 20ms.

Doesn't matter what I try, IW just plays like crap for me. BOps3 plays beautifully.

I have tried just about any and all congestion control settings from 100-1 and it is so inconsistent I am ready to junk this router. I don't want to junk it just yet because it wasn't cheap but if my "lag free gaming" is going ti constantly lag I have no other choice, so basically I'm reaching out as a last ditch effort for any and all recommendations to help IW be playable. I have 300mbps up and 20mbps down My ISP is spectrum and have been out over 10x and show me no packet loss and speeds run consistent so

PLEASE HELP!!!

Hate to tell you but it's the games trashy netcode and it will never be fixed. Don't even use the geofilter because while it can make your bullets register faster it will only make theirs faster too sometimes even worse. What makes this game really fun is getting host to be honest. That's where you get that godly feeling of nobody can stop you.

but moving your geofilter location to get a similar ping to the average of the lobby has made the difference in IW night and day for me. Yeah I get a 10-12ms ping to my local server

I just want someone to explain to me how I get poor, laggy hit detection, wonky aim assist and feel like I'm behind the action on 7ms. I'm basically host on the server FFS.

That's not you, or the Duma, it's the game trust me...Many complain about it, I've had we all get it, there's almost nothing you can do about it, except play at different times, change the lobby that's all i do, you also get melted with one bullet, shot dead around corners take damage through walls, fall off wall runs, It's that type of game, although i still like and play it.

I know this game has a bunch of dumb bullshit, especially connection-wise, but I somehow found settings that have made the game really enjoyable. I think I found them on accident haha I guess I'm just one of the fortunate ones...

I know this game has a bunch of dumb bullshit, especially connection-wise, but I somehow found settings that have made the game really enjoyable. I think I found them on accident haha I guess I'm just one of the fortunate ones...

I've noticed the same thing in titanfall2 about actually pinging the servers and seeing which servers werection stable the entire game compared to those that had ping spikes and inconsistent game. And even in that game, most closest server wasn't the best usually.be the second closest have more stable than the closest. So I'm sure those that see what's they're connected on the dedicated and pigs can see how consistently stable theiron ping is compared to other dedicated opens if they happen to hop on those.

Its been running pretty good for me for the last week. Duno if its because my NAT in the game is on moderate now.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't wanna jinx it but I've had the game running pretty well for me for 3 weeks now.

I know it shouldn't make any difference but its been ever since I changed my NAT to moderate, had alot of 10 and 15 killstreak medals last few days.

Don't wanna jinx it but I've had the game running pretty well for me for 3 weeks now.

I know it shouldn't make any difference but its been ever since I changed my NAT to moderate, had alot of 10 and 15 killstreak medals last few days.

Not trying to instigate anything, but you'd be surprised how you just might double that with "strict" lol. 

I've noticed that if you have it on that some miraculous way, since I can't do so without using another router and it being a bad experienced compared to with the Netduma and the NAT type as such. But I don't know how to get it to that and moderate with Netduma is all I can't get, of course that's with UPNP off and No portforwarding rules.

But also, believe it's on the individual, almost placebo effect. But eh! If it works for ya, there ya go.

Not trying to instigate anything, but you'd be surprised how you just might double that with "strict" lol. 

I've noticed that if you have it on that some miraculous way, since I can't do so without using another router and it being a bad experienced compared to with the Netduma and the NAT type as such. But I don't know how to get it to that and moderate with Netduma is all I can't get, of course that's with UPNP off and No portforwarding rules.

But also, believe it's on the individual, almost placebo effect. But eh! If it works for ya, there ya go.

I have all the ports forwarded manually except 3076 which takes the NAT in game to open.

Reason I decided to try a moderate NAT is because I noticed alot of YT'ers have theirs on moderate.

OK getting an open nat is as simple as running MW remastered first with Upnp turned on and no port forwarding rules applied.  that game seems to handle NAT requests better than IW, go figure.  I've found IW to be quite good lately if I turn the geo off completely and just rely on hyper lane and traffic control.  at peak times i find fairly solid lobbies in the UK so may be worth trying for you.  

what i've done is this, and keep in mind it's alittle of a process, but works for me.

1.  I hard wire my laptop to one of the open ports on my netduma, and go to congestion control

2.  I put my upload and download as appropriate after running a speed test on speedtest.org, and have upload and download both set to 100%

3.  I then look under device prioritization, and find my laptop, go to both upload and download and untick share excess.  

4.  I go under upload and mess with with bandwith allocation and i start with lets say 3, then save the settings.

5.  I go back to my laptop and go to DSL reports (just google) and run a test to see what my blufferbloat grade is, and you're trying to get an A+, and don't worry about the other grades

6.  After i get a good ping on my upload, i go back to congestion control and start playing with my download, and going back to dsl reports and run the test again until i get a low ping for the download too.  if both are good pings then you should get an A or A+.

7.  After you get the blufferbloat grade you want then go back to congestion control and write down the values/numbers for your laptop upload and download. (so if upload was at 40 and your download was at 45 for instance)

8.  reset the congestion control so everything is back at default, and apply the same numbers to your xbox or ps4, and remember to untick share excess.

I have done this and ran a multiplayer test on my xbox one and had 0 latency, which i would usually get around 100ms latency.  also other things contribute to "lag", depending on what kind of tv you're on as well.  i run a benq 27inch monitor which is pretty low.  not sure if i explained this well, but my host filtering has helped out too.  i get it to 30ms, and my range is just on the east coast.   

I tried playing today after not playing for 3 weeks and there's nothing but VPR's everywhere in every game haha the fact that their devs approved that gun to be put in the game the way it is now after testing it just shows how incompetent they are. 

So I've changed ISP's from cable to fibre and played IW for 3 hours last night and everything has been fine.

Still get the odd BS death of course but that can't be helped.

Still have my game NAT on moderate... haven't tried it on open right, think I'll try that tonight.

• 1 month later...

I have to admit, I've read and tried everything suggested in any forum topic that had the letters I and W in, and nothing worked for me. I changed my NAT to moderate and suddenly i'm on a level playing field again.. 

Thanks for suggesting that!

I have to admit, I've read and tried everything suggested in any forum topic that had the letters I and W in, and nothing worked for me. I changed my NAT to moderate and suddenly i'm on a level playing field again.. 

Thanks for suggesting that!

When I was on Virgin, putting my NAT on moderate is the only thing that worked consistantly. NAT type shouldn't make any difference but then again, nor does anything about IW lol.