Infinite Warfare LAGGGG

I have tried just about any and all congestion control settings from 100-1 and it is so inconsistent I am ready to junk this router. I don't want to junk it just yet because it wasn't cheap but if my "lag free gaming" is going ti constantly lag I have no other choice, so basically I'm reaching out as a last ditch effort for any and all recommendations to help IW be playable. I have 300mbps up and 20mbps down My ISP is spectrum and have been out over 10x and show me no packet loss and speeds run consistent so 

PLEASE HELP!!!

What ping are you getting on the R1 when you are connected to a game?

I get put into 11 ms lobbies with dedicated servers so I know the R1 is doing it's job. 

That said I gave up playing IW on the PS4 pro as it was simply so unpredictable. A quick read through this forum and many others will also confirm this.

Some people have no problem but many have these issues. 

I have played games where I start out 10-2 for the first couple of minutes only to then end up 12-18 as it feels like somebody flips a switch.

Im not going to tell you that it is the games fault or the router that is for you to decide but I have gone back to playing Black Ops3 and MWR and I hated Black ops3 lol. 

Do you have other CoDs to try it on? I'm only one dude here, but in my experience, and trust me I am just as infuriated lol... this is my experience:

- AW and Ghosts: It completely works, highly noticeable

- Blops 3: Realllllly had to pretend it works. I'd go as far to say that far too often feels within the margin of error/placebo effect

- IW: It "works" as intended, I am sure of that, but the reality is it just doesn't work, end of line. I have no proof to share, but I am 100% convinced the game code is such trash that the lag we experience far outweighs the benefits the duma gives us toward the other categories of lag.

Hands-down, I have a better experience with the thing turned off and dealing with all the wtf's and those crappy servers I get placed on. The experiences are so frustrating when I have it turned on that it's just not worth it. I have literally lost real world friends who will not play with me in game because I am now typecast as having "That router that only makes it worse"

*Please note that it is a perception based on real experience, and also that this is not about bashing the router; for what it's worth, the same friends I reference here are basically the same who would do anything to party with me back during AW.

But it just doesn't work "like it used to" in IW. Only headache. It's driving me so crazy I enjoy fantastical conspiracy theories such as "Activision encouraged the devs just screw anyone who owns this router" lol, you know, out of spite because it messes with their business model that promotes 12-year-olds on McDonald's Wi-Fi to kick ass etc etc.

Sorry, I'm digressing here. The bottom line is that it's a great router and does everything that it's meant to do, unfortunately that's not enough imo to address whatever nonsense has been coded into these past two titles.

( I understand if this gets removed, it's probably not good that I wrote this, but again I'm not questioning the router but rather was hoping to give you what sounds like some much-needed free therapy :D)

Bag just nailed it. The small percentage of times where I believe "yay it's finally worked" literally during the exact same game it's as if a flip a switched...

Very well said.

Sucks that this happened, I know for sure I would be checking into the local hospital requesting a straight jacket if I had just purchased the router.

I have literally lost real world friends who will not play with me in game because I am now typecast as having "That router that only makes it worse"

Your 'friends' suck then.

And clearly don't know anything about networks/routers - because it can't be making things worse (unless you have some funky settings wrong in there).

They are still friends in real life LOL but will not play with me if the router is on. I do agree with your latter statement, because it is clear 99% of them just want to get into a game and kick ass without having to think about all of this.

It's OK, I do not take offense :P

Lol.

Let me be clear, I'm assuming you know I wasn't trying to be a troll, and likewise I enjoyed your comment. And that's quite sincere, maybe I miss read but I do want to apologize if you took offense

-Q

They are still friends in real life LOL

Lol, my mistake. I thought, when you said that you'd "literally lost real world friends", that you meant that you'd literally lost friends in the real world.

I responded to your post thread about match-making by the way.

No need to apologise though, I didn't take offence  B)

I had the same problem with iw... I hated playing was getting lag and it drove me crazy.

Fraser made some changes and recommended I turned my wifi off on my sky router... once I did this I got a massive change. The congestion control only worked when all devices In my house used the duma.

I do see a difference in iw but the game does suck.

Trust me mate give them a chance to look into your router they will get it sorted and you will be better for it. Since fraser changed min my kd has started to go up for once.

They are still friends in real life LOL but will not play with me if the router is on. I do agree with your latter statement, because it is clear 99% of them just want to get into a game and kick ass without having to think about all of this.

It's OK, I do not take offense :P

Lol.

Let me be clear, I'm assuming you know I wasn't trying to be a troll, and likewise I enjoyed your comment. And that's quite sincere, maybe I miss read but I do want to apologize if you took offense

-Q

Ive been trying to offend boom for ages, you just can't do it mate. lol. 

Ok good!

Back to the poor OP's inquiry... hey, just listen in to these guys and answer any questions asked; they for sure will get you to where you're as optimal as feasible.

And you'll learn a fair amount too along the way.

-Q

What I been doing in iw to beat the horrible lag compensation is playing over seas. I live in Florida and when I play locally. I get cheated all the time by lagging kids, even with me pinging 16ping to the server. What I do is place the Geo filter over the UK with PA 0 strict mode and I highlight all the servers there. This is honestly the only way I been enjoying the game. I know is not fair to other players. But yall can try it for ya selfs.

I can't figure IW out. Stable 7ms to my local server and it plays like an AW 2 bar in 7 or 8 games of every 10. Getting really bored of the lies.

If you can find a local game on Ghosts it's just... amazing, assuming it's not thermal M27 bush warfare. I don't know about AW; I stopped being able to find games of TDM just 9 months in unless I borrowed my mate's PSN account, but that was back when he switched to XB1 and still had a couple of months left on his Plus subscription.

The unpredictability and inconsistency of IW's connections is what kills it for me. I've done pretty much everything I possibly could in my control and none of it works consistently. I get some solid lobbies where everything is going fine, but more than half the time the lag comp just kicks me in the balls. I'll go 50-5 one game and then the very next game in the exact same lobby against the exact same players on the exact same map I'll go 25-30. The fact that I get better/more consistent connections in Destiny, which is P2P only, is a complete joke haha      

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Please let us know your physical setup ISP hub (Laptops) > Duma (Consoles) etc 

Please also provide us with the screenshots asked for in this guide as that will help us optimise your settings: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-

I have played games where I start out 10-2 for the first couple of minutes only to then end up 12-18 as it feels like somebody flips a switch.

Its the same one Xbox One. Same happens to me sometimes, first round you're playing great, second round you just can't drop anyone.

At the weekend I was 11 - 8 at half time, ended the match 15 - 16. Was getting plenty of hit markers but no one wanted to drop. Bullshit this game sometimes.

I get put into 11 ms lobbies with dedicated servers so I know the R1 is doing it's job. 

That said I gave up playing IW on the PS4 pro as it was simply so unpredictable. A quick read through this forum and many others will also confirm this.

Some people have no problem but many have these issues. 

Im not going to tell you that it is the games fault or the router that is for you to decide but I have gone back to playing Black Ops3 and MWR and I hated Black ops3 lol. 

Have exactly the same m8, tried explaining it to folk....its unreal, its like the game says " your doing too well Baz....i'm gonna make ya die loads now"

The game is too inconsistent.

I remember when I first saw a post from you talking about your connection to local servers in CoD, or maybe you posted a PingPlotter graph once that looked amazing to me as I was on Virgin Media, and my plots looked like a seismograph just before an earthquake strong enough to wipe out a country is about to go off.

Now I wonder why I bothered moving to BT Infinity. It's amazing and just makes me more frustrated than ever playing IW lol. I'm trying to picture how incredible Ghosts would have felt with Infinity and a Duma, because I was with VM and it was still incredibly smooth in game.

I remember when I first saw a post from you talking about your connection to local servers in CoD, or maybe you posted a PingPlotter graph once that looked amazing to me as I was on Virgin Media, and my plots looked like a seismograph just before an earthquake strong enough to wipe out a country is about to go off.

Now I wonder why I bothered moving to BT Infinity. It's amazing and just makes me more frustrated than ever playing IW lol. I'm trying to picture how incredible Ghosts would have felt with Infinity and a Duma, because I was with VM and it was still incredibly smooth in game.

To be honest with you, I have never given up on a release of COD this fast. I managed 2 weeks. I try every now and then but rapidly give it up. Some people don't have an issue at all with it which is what I find most frustrating. 

It's not even the jumping around like an idiot or other movement changes that are the problem. After getting the Duma my AW gameplay went to another level. 

I hang on to the disk just to play MWR and I have over 25 days actual play on the original of that game.

That and if friends want to have a few games ill play it as its all about shits and giggles when we team up. (oh and team killing fuzzy, ltr7 and Dillinger)

Good luck with it if you keep trying and enjoy your gaming. :)

To be honest with you, I have never given up on a release of COD this fast. I managed 2 weeks. I try every now and then but rapidly give it up. Some people don't have an issue at all with it which is what I find most frustrating.

Exactly this. I watch people play the game, it looks smooth as butter and they're allowed to enjoy themselves. Much of the time it feels like I'm drunk, playing on jittery WiFi and a huge laggy TV while connecting to a west US coast server, and I'm clearly behind the action. How is that even possible? How many CoD players get a half frame ping or less to their local server, 0.01%? Yet I feel like I'm complaining more than 99.9% of them lol. It just doesn't add up.

BO3 was bad too but only really because EU servers were flooded with people connecting from the middle east as Treyarch can't discern the difference between Europe and Asia. When games were local it played great. IW doesn't even seem to have that excuse; everyone gets a 4 bar even if they're on 180ms, but even all local games play bad.

It's not like the pace or movement is an issue; in fact it's right up my street. I play on max sensitivity, I've mastered jumping without a Scuf (remapped controls FTW) so I'm the annoying jetpacker people like to send hate mail to (assuming my bullets are working haha), getting this consistently fantastic connection, and I'm using a monitor with an average of 3ms input lag which is about as fast as you can get. I can snap to someone's chest, fire with the faster killing weapon, not miss, see delays and get melted. On the killcam the guy will not use quickdraw, or get on target first, or he'll be using a slower killing weapon, drawing circles or hipfiring, or he'll have packet loss hexagons on his screen, and apparently I'll be reacting last and be shown as a deer in headlights. I can fire 4 rounds with the 733rpm KBAR, which takes 246ms, yet a killcam will show me not looking in the right direction or even ADSing, never mind firing. Killcams look wonkier the more lag you have. If you have under half a frame of latency difference between the server perspective and your own, you can regard it as about as accurate as a non-host will ever get. Simply put nothing lines up unless you get one of those connections where it's actually smooth, and I just can't work out what you need for that.

I've lost count of the number of times I've saved a recording, gone through it frame by frame, seen I'm on target and firing and yet I'll not get hitmarkers until even a 200ms delay has passed. However Timmy No Thumbs getting 70ms on WiFi or A7mad 4000 miles away in Doha or Dubai get instant hit detection when they are visibly lagging?

It's just wrong. The only thing I can think of is the game's terribly low update rates allow higher latency players to dominate. Maybe I should get myself on to the New Jersey server and see how the game plays at 75ms.

My man above, this is my frustration. I'm not by any means saying I'm the best cod player but I have carried a 2.2plus KDR 8plus W/L since COD4 and this is by far the worst game for me, I'm still over a 2kdr but when I'm 2 kills from a nuke and as you said above"Timmy NoThumbs" with a 0.78 KDR kills me off my streak when I know I'm on target first but with no hit detection it pisses me off and the "RAGE" sets in. One game I'll have my CC set at 70/70 and be fine the first quarter of the game then lag my balls off, then drop to 60/60 then 55/45 and by then the games over and the next game I have to reconfigure it all over again. 

Just trying to see what I can do before I trash this router and just deal with whatever lobbies I'm thrown into because they're not any worse, Last night I just ran from modem to PS4 Pro and had some lag but no where near the crap I have been dealing with. 

300mbps with no packetloss i shouldn't be losing gun battles to the way less skilled player