Able to assign 1 static IP to same client on different interfaces

Hi there, last night whilst setting up port forwarding for my raspberry pi I accidentally (I was very tired) set up the same static IP twice on my PI on two different interfaces. I had setup the wifi interface first whilst I was testing ssh/ssl/vnc connections, all worked good however I wanted to have this permanently on a wire closer to the router. I then plugged it in to the router and then instead of giving the lan interface it's own IP I accidentally used the same one as the wifi, it allowed me to do this and then all hell broke loose. I'm not quite sure exactly what happened but DHCP seemed to not work properly and was giving out some wild IP addresses on different subnets and I couldn't connect to the router without manually setting up IP on clients, I could no longer connect to the internet via the duma also. I deleted the new static IP but the previous one setup seemed to remain hidden. This was the point I just reset the duma to factory and all was good again, however now I have a tonne of nameless devices on my network and have to setup all my settings  and port forwarding again.

So - is there a way to save a configured netduma router incase of pain when IP. ( I'll show myself the door for that.... )

p.s. I know the duma doesn't let you choose the same IP twice when reserving IP's but for some reason it works on the same client once you change interface which really messed it up for me.

Edit: Not sure where I should have posted this if here was the right place.

For reference my setup is:

ZyXxel VMG8924 (modem/router - in bridge mode with adsl grouped to lan1 so lan4 can go back to modem to access on lan from 192.168.88.3)
Netduma on current firmware
Coredy AC1200 wifi repeater (2.4 and 5ghz wifi running off this)

There are about 30 devices in my house, not all on at the same time.

• Administrators

You can save a profile & then export it but it will not save the things you want unfortunately. I'll see if this is something we could implement into DumaOS. Like a full back up of sorts.

You can save a profile & then export it but it will not save the things you want unfortunately. I'll see if this is something we could implement into DumaOS. Like a full back up of sorts.

Yeah I realised that - I have everything written down so it's just a case of me setting it all up again and being careful, it would be good to have a backup or a way to revert a change as this is the second time I have accidentally done this but I suppose most people wont be creating home networks as complicated as mine. I realise now this is more of a bug report than a support request. Also thanks for the reply, I thought I would just post it as useful information incase someone else accidentally does the same thing and wonders what went wrong. A downloadable backup would be an awesome feature, it's just time saving if you mess something up. :)

Actually 2 more things whilst I'm here and posting - not stopping me from doing anything but 2 annoying things...

1. Dumas wifi just seems to stop working for 5 minutes at a time all the time on all devices but wired devices are unaffected, can't even get into the interface. Is this a known issue or just something with mine? I have a lot of wireless clients however the other cheap AP I have doesnt have this issue. I've been getting around it using a separate AP which suits me fine but would be good to use duma for 2.4ghz and the cheap AP for 5ghz. I have looked into this before but in the end just leave the wifi off. Not sure why it would do this.

2. My power supply makes a buzzing sound that goes up and down, I notice this whenever I'm plugging something into it - is this normal? I can probably record it actually..

Also thanks for the quick replies! 

• Administrators

Take a look at this to see if it fixes your WiFi issues: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022405-why-does-the-netduma-wifi-keep-dropping-out-

The power supply or the router itself is making noise? If the router then it will make a small noise, if it's overheating it might be louder.

• 2 months later...

Sorry this was incredibly long between replies. Wifi issue seems to have been resolved, not sure what I did but I did factory reset everything so that probably helped. Power supply is making noises, I did a crude test for RFI using an AM radio and the power supply gives off a crazy amount of interference. The reason for me testing was because my adsl is disconnecting constantly and a REIN engineer is on the case from BT and if the cause if found to be internal then I have to pay a lot of money for engineer fee's. Tested with an alternate power supply and no RFI, I'm looking to source a new power supply as the other one is powering my access point. I can only audibly hear the PSU when next to it, I have no way of testing it otherwise. Is it possible to send me another psu to compare it? I'll send this one back to you too to have a look at. I really need to set up email alerst for when someone replied!