Netduma hardware with the new DumaOS

Okay I've been wondering will the existing hardware be able to run the new DumaOS efficiently?  By technology standards the hardware is out of date with only a 600 MHz single core processor and 128 Mb RAM.  I know with all the features the Netduma offers it will need a lot of processing power. I am concerned that the existing hard ware will not be able to handle all the processing required to run the new Duma OS. I mean most new routers have dual core processors running at over 1GHZ!

What is everyone's takes on this?

Theres a vid on youtube by a guy called crosstalk that looks into the original mikrotik firmware for this router and it is well advanced. So i guess it can handle duma OS.

Yeah, they really gonna spend all that time and effort to develope software insufficiant for the hardware.....derrrrrrr

Yeah you are right..... A company has never made a mistake before. Not everything that works on paper works in real life applications! Come on man! Lol.

Yeah you are right..... A company has never made a mistake before. Not everything that works on paper works in real life applications! Come on man! Lol.

they have been designing this new OS for nearly a year and aren't releasing it until it is fully ready. Trust me, it will work fine :)

besides, they aren't sir clive sinclair releasing the C5 :)

Just so everyone knows I am not trolling here or being a hater.  believe me I want the Netduma to kick butt in all aspects.  For one I already invested in it and for two, I don't have the money to buy a new router ATM.

The reasons why I posted this is as follows:

1.  The delay in the DumaOS, I mean it was supposed to be released in fall of last year.  Why exactly is there a delay?  Coding issues?, hardware issues? etc.

2.  Even with the present firmware I see little quirks, I.e. I moved congestion control slider by 1% and lose 20 meg bandwidth and other threads with bandwidth issues which indicates to me there is throughput issue but that is just me, etc.

3.  I remember seeing posts back in 2015 of people questioning the capability of the hardware and it is 2017 and the hardware has not changed.

4.  Most gaming routers are dual core and with at least a 1 GHZ processor.

5.  Netduma has lot of features that need processing power.

6.  I can't even have have QoS on on my Asus router without turning off NAT acceleration and hardware is almost identical to the Netduma

I am also aware that Mikrotik makes very good routers and usually perform better than any other consumer branded router with the same specs.

Anyway, just wanted to let you my reasoning so no one thinks I am attacking Netduma.

the delays are so they get it fine tuned for launch and that is why they have had alpha and beta testing so that when it goes global it will have any issues that are known of ironed out. :)

I have an asus ac68u with duel core processor and my netduma handles my traffic better than my asus does.

I'll answer your questions as best I can:

1. Okay I've mentioned this before but making the product is just one part of it and when you're literally rewriting the system from the ground up it can take some time, of course now you have to test it to high heaven. When you discover bugs you then have to retest the entire thing, repeat, repeat, repeat etc. That's why you get delays with anything that's being developed.
  2. Reactive algorithm you won't lose as much speed. New QoS as you've probably seen on the blog won't encounter this issue.
  3. It is the software that reduces your lag not the hardware.
  4. That's true but they don't have the software to improve your game so what is that all being used for? 
  5. True
  6. Yep I am aware of that.

My answers may seem rather vague but basically yes it works well :)

Thanks Fraser for addressing my concerns,

I guess the only one's who really know how it's preforming at the minute are the guys testing it for bugs.

But I'll put my money on Iain,Crossy,Fraser and the rest duma crew to figure out any issues with,bugs,hardware etc and if issues arise I'm sure they will have a "plan b" in place in the event such a situation does come up.

Not gonna lie I'm really looking forward to being able to see it in action as I'm sure everyone else is.

• 1 year later...

Mhh funny to re-read this thread in regards to the current R1 situation...

you in your line, without contributing anything and without being able to maintain a conversation as an adult without throwing stones... How sad it must be the lives of some ...

seriously, look at it

you in your line, without contributing anything and without being able to maintain a conversation as an adult without throwing stones... How sad it must be the lives of some ...

seriously, look at it

Yeah, same goes for you. Love you too! BTW what are you contribute other than down talk me and making things up? All is said in this topic nothing to contribute instead of acknowledging that the issues mentioned are real right now. I could add a ton more of proofs and other arguments and technical details why the issues mentioned here are a matter of fact and indeed the fact why DumaOS for R1 is indefinitely delayed if ever released at all but it will be deleted in seconds and I get banned as well. Educate urself dude. Thanks for the nice conversation my life is nowhere sad instead its super and I am very happy thanks for worrying and asking!

ps.: do u might have some more life-saving karma phrases?

Yeah, same goes for you. Love you too! BTW what are you contribute other than down talk me and making things up? All is said in this topic nothing to contribute instead of acknowledging that the issues mentioned are real right now. I could add a ton more of proofs and other arguments and technical details why the issues mentioned here are a matter of fact and indeed the fact why DumaOS for R1 is indefinitely delayed if ever released at all but it will be deleted in seconds and I get banned as well. Educate urself dude. Thanks for the nice conversation my life is nowhere sad instead its super and I am very happy thanks for worrying and asking!

ps.: do u might have some more life-saving karma phrases?

as troll you have no price...

I do not contribute? review all the topics that I have written and see if I contribute or not, not like you who only knows how to touch the balls and do the troll.

Since the announcement of the delay of Duma, you have only dedicated to discredit the Duma team and pour shit in his image, the pity is that they do not forbid it once and for all and it stops bothering you.

and yes, you must be very happy, that's what the trolls have, that when trolls are happy, but that does not make your life better instead of shit and sad.

• Netduma Staff

I'm going to lock this thread as it's turned into an argument and is over a year old. Please refrain from insulting each other on the forum - if we believe other forum members are being harmed by it this could result in a suspension or ban from the forum.