Wifi hang/crash/freeze and unresponsive

I'm having to reboot my Netduma quite frequently as WIFI seems to hang/crash/freeze. I'm not gaming via wifi just normal internet 'surfing'.

I will get the "not connected to the internet" error when loading up a page. Sometimes I can load up the R1 interface, sometimes not. Either way I have to reboot the R1 for it to start working again.

I'm not losing connection to the R1; it just becomes unresponsive.

Anyone else having/had this issue?

While it's not a fix, a little trick i figured out is to change the wifi channel to any other channel and it fixes it without having to do a reboot. I used a wifi analyzer to pick the least congested channel, but when it happens I switch it to basically any other channel. After it reconnects you can either keep it where it is or switch it back to your original choice. 

I'm having to reboot my Netduma quite frequently as WIFI seems to hang/crash/freeze. I'm not gaming via wifi just normal internet 'surfing'.

I will get the "not connected to the internet" error when loading up a page. Sometimes I can load up the R1 interface, sometimes not. Either way I have to reboot the R1 for it to start working again.

I'm not losing connection to the R1; it just becomes unresponsive.

Anyone else having/had this issue?

As Fraser suggested and you always want to be on the least congested channel for WIFI,so I follow that guide and hopefully it sorts your issue.

If not let us know.

• Administrators

Are there any devices that are wireless near to the router? If you move those away does that resolve the issue? 

I'm happy to do a 1 on 1 and take a look.

Post in the 1 on 1 section: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/. Please note I need around a days notice.

Please read this first before making the post: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11450-read-before-posting-a-1-on-1-request/