Cant open port 25565 on my netduma

Hi, so I havent had any issues with port forwarding on my netduma until now, and i am trying to make a minecraft server. I open 25565 on tcp & udp in my port forwarding settings on my netduma and apply it to the pc that im running my minecraft server on. however when i test if the port is open on http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/it says that 25565 is closed. also friends cannot join my server. any help would be appreciated, PS in my minecraft server properties i have the ip set as the computers ip that im running the server off of. 

First off are sure that nothing else is using that port.

Secondly make sure that your isp doesnt block that port

Have you given pc a static ip?

Try changing the ports from 25565-25565 TCP and 25565-25565 UDP to 25565 TCP and 25565 UDP., or the other way around.

I don't play mine craft so am struggling a bit to help you here, was just making some general thoughts. Look into giving you pc a static ip and I would google your issue on some mine craft forums. They will be much more specific to your problem. :)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/server-support/server-administration/1910972-how-to-open-ports-port-forwarding

so by turning off upnp and port forwarding on my modem will it allow access for my netduma to open ports?

the weird thing is that i have port forwarded things on my consoles through my netduma to open my nat and it has worked. for my pc with minecraft though it just doesnt work. @Netduma Fraser