Sky q router setup correct but still getting lag

Hi

I've set up my new sky q router about a month ago and I'm still getting lag with my netduma.

I'm on version 1.3.6g with download speed 28meg upload 4.5mbps.

I've set the sky q with dmz pointing to the ip address of the netduma. The geo filter is set to 500miles and ping assist set to 50ms.

I've disabled ipv6 on both routers and still the same. I get moderate and strict settings on infinate warefare and strict on for honor.

My xbox 1 is hard wired to the netduma and this is hardwired to the sky q router.

My anti flood download/upload is set to 70% as instructed

On preemptive.

And advice would be appreciated

Thanks

• Administrators

Are ALL devices connected to the Netduma? Have you got your console in hyper traffic?

Follow this for NAT:

Hard turn off the console
Disable Geo-filter on Duma
Hub in modem mode or R1 WAN IP from device manager into the DMZ on hub
UPnP & port forwarding disabled on the hub
UPnP OR port forwarding enabled on the Duma, not both
UPnP forwarding disabled in Duma miscellaneous settings
Boot up console - check network settings - should be open or NAT Type 2 (open)
Boot up game - should be open

If port forwarding:
80 UDP/TCP
443 UDP/TCP
1935 UDP/TCP
3074 UDP/TCP
3478-3480 UDP/TCP

Yes the console is in hyper traffic

I have to connect some devices to the sky unit as the wifi is boosted upstairs by a sky booster.

Done as you said except port forwarding as I have 2 xbox ones and i would only be able to port forward to one.

But if I port forward do I port forward from the sky to the netduma or sky to netduma then netduma to xbox?

After the above changes my xbox says moderate nat type so the is some improvement.

Just found that my xbox says

Your network is behind a Upnp port restricted nat

Ok got my xbox 1 to say open Nat type but cod:iw still says moderate.

I tried it with the geo filter off and still moderate. Any more ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks again all

No forget that I'm back to the xbox saying moderate nat again

• Administrators

Okay so with your setup you won't be able to use congestion control properly as not all devices are connected to the netduma which means you'll still get local congestion and lag. 

So use UPnP instead of port forwarding. You would port forward on the Netduma as that is what the console is connected to. Have you followed every one of those NAT steps?

Yes I did all the nat steps with still the same.

If I connect the xbox into the sky q I get open Nat type but in the netduma still restricted. Same error as before that I'm behind d a upnp port restricted nat.

At the time I play xbox no one is on the sky q network as they are all in bed.

Are you able to remote aceess the netduma ?

Thanks for the help

• Administrators

Can you try this please:

1. Go to Settings and select Network. You should see the relevant information regarding your network connection.
  2. In the Troubleshooting section select Test network connection. Wait while the scan tests your Internet connection. Once it’s done, select Continue.
  3. Now select Test multiplayer connection option from the Troubleshooting section.
  4. When you see the scan results hold LB + LT + RB + RT on your controller.
  5. You’ll see a new screen with detailed network report.
  6. Look for Detailed NAT status option. Wait for a minute or two and the Detailed NAT status will change. If it changes to OPEN NAT type, it means that the problem is resolved.

If we cannot resolve it we can do a 1 on 1.

• Administrators

Post in the 1 on 1 section: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/and I will have a look. Please note I need around a days notice.

Please read this first before making the post: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11450-read-before-posting-a-1-on-1-request/