Reset Device List / Congestion Control Chart

Hi,

Is there any way to reset the device list in Device Manager, and the devices displayed around the circle in the Congestion Control screen? The Duma has recorded every single device that's ever connected to my network and the list is now huge - so much so that the circle in congestion control actually covers up most letters in the names of the devices, so it's hard to manage prioritisation. Attached an example of the circle.

post-7484-0-21997900-1487342423_thumb.png

Cheers,

NeeWii

• Netduma Staff

Hi,

Is there any way to reset the device list in Device Manager, and the devices displayed around the circle in the Congestion Control screen? The Duma has recorded every single device that's ever connected to my network and the list is now huge - so much so that the circle in congestion control actually covers up most letters in the names of the devices, so it's hard to manage prioritisation. Attached an example of the circle.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Cheers,

NeeWii

What CDubLDD said above is correct; going into "edit" in the device manager will allow you to delete devices. That's one mad device flower though!

i have to go into device manager then "edit" whiles't there i block any device that is no longer on my network and not needed when i have blocked the devices i reboot the duma then go back in to device manager edit then delete the blocked devices......if i try to delete them after blockeing without a reboot mine will not delete them!........that is my method :)

As said above you can delete them, but you will get the message can't delete service until you reboot the router.

After your reboot you can them delete those items, but I would suggest staying on top of that as your at the point where you couldn't give 1 percent to anything without having something zero out on you, which is fine if most of those devices aren't used anymore.

When people come over at holidays,I don't give them my password for the wifi and I find this eliminates the problem,pissed off kids but eliminates the issue for me.

• 3 months later...

is there an easier way to delete devices, each one takes FOREVER to take before deleting another. i noticed my congestion flower was overloaded as well. it takes at least 10s to delete each one... and i tried to hit delete on a bunch going down the list but will only delete the first one i clicked.

EDIT: nevermind, i just did a factory reset. i sure hope managing devices more efficiently is on the roadmap.

• Administrators

is there an easier way to delete devices, each one takes FOREVER to take before deleting another. i noticed my congestion flower was overloaded as well. it takes at least 10s to delete each one... and i tried to hit delete on a bunch going down the list but will only delete the first one i clicked.

EDIT: nevermind, i just did a factory reset. i sure hope managing devices more efficiently is on the roadmap.

I can confirm that deleting devices on DumaOS is a lot faster!