Still lagging through Virgin medias vivid gamer and bt infinity

I believe the issue is most certainly faulty I'd either like a 1 on 1 replacement or refund as this router is not correctly working regardless of what settings I input it's all the same problems.as ex engineer in the British Army.please don't ask me to run ping plotter for you to look at the results and say contact my isp well for three years changed between Virgin ee and now bt and come to the results of what are atrocious frame drops stutter in any game I play on xbox or ps4 fifa is the worst cod Id love to get killstreaks like I see in videos or on twitter but no I don't I get clever idiots saying I'm shit at gaming when yeah maybe I am but this is ridiculous and embarrassing.so results are not good enough for what your advertisements say it's all lies Iv posted many of times to come to realise you All chat bubbles and if I'm ignored this time or if this is not fixed resolved repaired or I see a change in my gameplayon both platforms il for sure pursuing my repercussions in taking this further than where I and your company stand

Cod its the game....or when other players join after you have set your geo. Still seeing it now, duma can't stop anyone from joining after the game starts. Problem is a lot of players dash the game (me myself) if i get too many bull**** deaths. As for fifa i don't know as i don't play the game anymore, but last year i played and had no issues with anything using the duma. 

Thinking about it, cod servers are hit and miss, so you'll be playing p2p,,which isnt always good.

But all my games still have lag regardless isn't this supposed to be a lag free router and geofilters as broke as the software is its a joke.

Have you thought it could be your internet, maybe somethings wrong or not set up right. Maybe post all the info on your set up connection a so on then im sure someone here may be able to help, if your lucky Yoda himself may help :)

• Administrators

In the first thread you created about this it seemed to be an ISP issue but you never responded. In the post you made the other day I asked you to make a new thread with the screenshots from this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-you've made a new thread now which is great but if you could now provide us with the screenshots it will help us resolve your issue.

Also you can see our terms here: https://netduma.com/terms/

I have provided screenshots.and regards to settings Iv tried every setting for each games but no difference until I plug my console itself directly in without the netduma hey presto I win some games gain some killstreaks but y without the duma.and as for Internet issues I wish half of you would read before thinking your king in networks. As mentioned I'm now on my 3Rd different isp and no difference when the netduma is plugged in I take it away an what a difference

Virgin I had with no traffic management on upload- I changed to bt thinking it was issues with them still managing download..i switched to bt with none on upload or download and it's smooth as until I plug in the duma then the ping rockets latency is high even in console results packet loss is huge but every diagnostic comes back as exceptional however when I run n-perf or speed.test they say everything is as it should when it's really not I feel like Nat lies to me open but is it really because I never become host or gain advances it's always me been rubberbanded

• Administrators

Can you please link me to the screenshots you've taken Sean as I cannot see them. If we can diagnose a fault & you're within the warranty period then we'll be happy to replace the router. However, I can't diagnose a fault based on the information given so far. If I can see these screenshots then I will have a better idea of what is going on. 

Who's idnet il try them to and as for what settings I'm using isn't the question Fraiser it's what settings have I not used is the question I'm mainly playing fifa on xbox fut online season but I never seem to have the advantages my opponents do after 5 mins of playing into a game my players don't pass shoot defend or even tackle in the box without a penalty been given in most of the games or goals been scored cod is similar il put a full half clip into someone for them to 360 dropshot and laugh come collect the scavenger pack n go hide the lag in fifa cod zombies gta is a joke this router is not doing anything near to what I'm seeing on twitter YouTube Facebook it's me due to what I think is the host change as soon as that happens is where the discrepancies begin in whatever game I play or whatever console the results of my network tests are good etc I'm joined to a host in my location settings on 12-18 ms ping no latency no packet loss 21.75 upload 200 download why is it any game I play using the router it's seems to make gaming worse I see the lag how's about Fraiser you add me on xbox il play fifa and broadcast the exact issues I'm receiving.because like fuck I'm sitting about for hours days again with pingplotter running for one of you to say go take it up with your isp well I have numerous times and it's got me nowhere but here still so please don't treat me like an idiot and seriously come back with a resolution to this I uploaded screenshots when you requested

• Administrators

Who's idnet il try them to and as for what settings I'm using isn't the question Fraiser it's what settings have I not used is the question I'm mainly playing fifa on xbox fut online season but I never seem to have the advantages my opponents do after 5 mins of playing into a game my players don't pass shoot defend or even tackle in the box without a penalty been given in most of the games or goals been scored cod is similar il put a full half clip into someone for them to 360 dropshot and laugh come collect the scavenger pack n go hide the lag in fifa cod zombies gta is a joke this router is not doing anything near to what I'm seeing on twitter YouTube Facebook it's me due to what I think is the host change as soon as that happens is where the discrepancies begin in whatever game I play or whatever console the results of my network tests are good etc I'm joined to a host in my location settings on 12-18 ms ping no latency no packet loss 21.75 upload 200 download why is it any game I play using the router it's seems to make gaming worse I see the lag how's about Fraiser you add me on xbox il play fifa and broadcast the exact issues I'm receiving.because like fuck I'm sitting about for hours days again with pingplotter running for one of you to say go take it up with your isp well I have numerous times and it's got me nowhere but here still so please don't treat me like an idiot and seriously come back with a resolution to this I uploaded screenshots when you requested

I cannot provide advice based on things that happen within the game. I can only provide advice on things related to networking e.g. ping, spikes, router settings etc. You have a fantastic ping so you should not be experiencing any lag so that is why I need to see what your settings are to see what the matter is. I haven't asked you to use Ping Plotter in this thread. I am glad you have uploaded the screenshots, please let me know where they are so I can help you as right now that is the information I need, we won't be able to get any further without them.

I uploaded them through the upload tab however it's extremely difficult to upload when it's limited as Iv said I request a 1on1 or I'd like to broadcast I currently have 2 live isp bt infinity 50 mb dl 10 mb ul no traffic management on upload or download and Virgin media vivid gamer with no traffic management to upload each router gaming experience changes immediately the second I unplug my xbox or ps4 or laptop from the duma into the infinity hub or superhub y why is that so what exactly have I got to do why are you releasing newer software for something people are spending 200 dollars on I mean for example the geo location issues I opened a case a while ago is still not working the router thinks I live in America.y does it run so slow with port forward options active.why does the Internet diagnosis give a different result every time to what speed.net does why do people have to set there location in the ocean to get a delay input free game wich is utter tosh by the way.just what exactly am I missing here oh and also I see other people have had similar to my issues I.e plugging there console direct into isp router with upnp why Is it working better without the peice of equipment Iv played with no difference in gaming since release something has to be done and believe me I'm pretty close to seeking somewhat legal advice and having this router professionaly tested to see exactly what Iv bought because if the software is incorrectly working then surly your company or netduma are miss selling and miss advertising a shoddy built router with a few gimmicks.

• Administrators

I uploaded them through the upload tab however it's extremely difficult to upload when it's limited as Iv said I request a 1on1 or I'd like to broadcast I currently have 2 live isp bt infinity 50 mb dl 10 mb ul no traffic management on upload or download and Virgin media vivid gamer with no traffic management to upload each router gaming experience changes immediately the second I unplug my xbox or ps4 or laptop from the duma into the infinity hub or superhub y why is that so what exactly have I got to do why are you releasing newer software for something people are spending 200 dollars on I mean for example the geo location issues I opened a case a while ago is still not working the router thinks I live in America.y does it run so slow with port forward options active.why does the Internet diagnosis give a different result every time to what speed.net does why do people have to set there location in the ocean to get a delay input free game wich is utter tosh by the way.just what exactly am I missing here oh and also I see other people have had similar to my issues I.e plugging there console direct into isp router with upnp why Is it working better without the peice of equipment Iv played with no difference in gaming since release something has to be done and believe me I'm pretty close to seeking somewhat legal advice and having this router professionaly tested to see exactly what Iv bought because if the software is incorrectly working then surly your company or netduma are miss selling and miss advertising a shoddy built router with a few gimmicks.

I'll answer in order:

1. That does not upload it so that we can see it. That just uploads it to our server and you get links that you can then share but if you haven't shared it with us we have no way of finding your screenshots. I'd recommend taking a look at this guide as it shows a better way of giving us screenshots so you don't hit the upload size cap: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022394-how-do-i-take-a-screenshot-
  2. So you have 2 internet lines that you're using is that correct? So you're unplugging the router frequently and switching between them to test the difference? If that is the case then you are unlikely to be making use of congestion control as you need to connect all devices to the Netduma in order for it to work correctly.
  3. Why are we releasing new software?

- Bug fixes

- Improve existing features

- Bring new features

- New firmware allows much more rapid development over existing firmware so bug fixes and improvements can be pushed out much quicker

4. All you need to do is click the home icon and click on the map where you live. This is shown in the tour that starts up with the router also.
  5. Could be you're not using the recommended browser or it could be the bug that we've found - no software is free of bugs, as such will be fixed in DumaOS along with any existing known bugs.
  6. Internet diagnosis

- Tests the Google server which can sometimes misbehave

- If it's not the Google server misbehaving then it is showing issues on your line as it disconnects all devices from the internet so they can't influence the test

- It doesn't test speed, purely ping. Speed test uses the closest possible server to you.

7. You don't need to set your location to the ocean to get a delay free game. That is just one way you can use the Geo-filter to get games. I never recommend doing that unless you really want to experiment with the Geo-filter which some people do. 

If you could provide the screenshots using the guide above to link them here then I can take a look. If I cannot help based on those screenshots then a 1 on 1 can be arranged.

like **** I'm sitting about for hours days again with pingplotter running for one of you to say go take it up with your isp

You only really need to plot for 15-30 mins at peak time for us to get an idea of your line's integrity.

But if the issue is your ISP then you can't blame it on the people here not resolving it for you.

the router thinks I live in America.

why does the Internet diagnosis give a different result every time to what speed.net does

why do people have to set there location in the ocean to get a delay input free game

other people have had similar to my issues i.e plugging there console direct into isp router with upnp why Is it working better

You just need to click on the little icon of the house and then tell it where you live.

Speedtest.net is pinging a local server, 'Diagnosis' is pinging Google servers, as they are different servers (and a long way apart) the results are different.

Setting yourself in the Ocean and using Ping Assist is to exclude local hosts (and indeed any hosts) unless they have a ping value beneath a certain threshold. I don't do this, I don't find it's necessary.

They are probably suffering from a double-nat issue and need to use Modem Mode to resolve it on the Virgin Superhub.

edit - just seen that Fraser already answered. Doh.

None of you have a clue read what Iv wrote since posting for the first time

I'm getting a Tad fucked off with been treated like Iv not a clue how's about read every post Iv made then reply to me screenshots you seen colonic both of them one with netduma plugged in one without what was your answer said I'm shit at gaming your all clueless and I see you treat a lot of people forums posts like we're clueless well hear this it's a joke if anyone has anything relevant to say to fix this shoddy built router then il be happy to hear until then it's staying unplugged and I'm in the process of let's say not putting this to bed Iv 2 active isp Virgin media vivid gamer with21mb upload 200 download one bt infinity this router doesn't work the way I see other people's working regardless of what settings I put or how many times I go through the same process of browsing on here for solutions for hours to find just nothing works so as I said asked please someone come back with a solution to this add me on xbox live so I can broadcast exactly what I'm going through in games with netduma without its getting beyond a passage now lads....

• Administrators

None of you have a clue read what Iv wrote since posting for the first time

I'm getting a Tad fucked off with been treated like Iv not a clue how's about read every post Iv made then reply to me screenshots you seen colonic both of them one with netduma plugged in one without what was your answer said I'm shit at gaming your all clueless and I see you treat a lot of people forums posts like we're clueless well hear this it's a joke if anyone has anything relevant to say to fix this shoddy built router then il be happy to hear until then it's staying unplugged and I'm in the process of let's say not putting this to bed Iv 2 active isp Virgin media vivid gamer with21mb upload 200 download one bt infinity this router doesn't work the way I see other people's working regardless of what settings I put or how many times I go through the same process of browsing on here for solutions for hours to find just nothing works so as I said asked please someone come back with a solution to this add me on xbox live so I can broadcast exactly what I'm going through in games with netduma without its getting beyond a passage now lads....

I am trying my best to help you. I cannot do that unless I can see the screenshots that I've asked for. I also don't know if you're switching the router between the different lines as you've mentioned you have 2. If you're doing that then not all devices will be connecting to it and therefore it won't be setup correctly. Help me help you.

I'm with virgin get exactly what your saying about cod it's unplayable getting shot around corners full clips into people etc then I bought the netduma now I'm killing everything in site because I suppress my connection speed to give me a chance on the game I also bought a gaming monitor the difrence between that and a tv has to be seen this is just what I have experienced but you don't want a lot of internet speed to play cod games hope you sort your problems out

I don't touch my congestion bars I leave at 100 and manually input into my Xbox 1 so just my Xbox is throttled only way I can play otherwise I get what your reporting I'm no expert though I just found what worked for me hopefully you will find your sweet spot

• Administrators

Tried bandwidth throttling it works for about 5 seconds then I get throttled at anything I do so I just leave them 70/70 now but no difference in anything I set on or off in any game

Please provide the screenshots asked for and we can help with your settings. 

• 2 weeks later...