Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black ops 2 dedicated servers on ps3!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

maazsk97

maazsk97

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Local time: 12:41 AM

Anyone else noticed new bo2 dedicated servers on ps3? I always used to get p2p in my region and it was great until today these servers went online and now i can't find a match in my region instead it connects me to EU so basically this game is F**Ked up for me.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,772 posts

They added new servers for an old game? That can't be right surely, if anything they would be taking them offline due to decreased player count. What region are you in?

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

maazsk97

maazsk97

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Im in Saudi Arabia. Its weird that i never saw these servers before and when i click on them it shows temp ban option and there are padlocks when i block them. Everyone has a 3 bar to these servers and there is no host only EU players get 4 bar to them. I connect to the Russian server all the time even with search preference on best.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,772 posts

So there is no P2P now at all? 

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

maazsk97

maazsk97

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
It can be difficult to get p2p now. It takes such a long time with my filter set over saudi arabia. The Italy server pings 60ms but it always connects me to Russian server with 130ms ping for some reason even If i set my filter on top of Italy server it never finds a match. Setting search preference to best was enough to get a good connection and i never needed the geo filter for this game before.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,957 posts

It can be difficult to get p2p now. It takes such a long time with my filter set over saudi arabia. The Italy server pings 60ms but it always connects me to Russian server with 130ms ping for some reason even If i set my filter on top of Italy server it never finds a match. Setting search preference to best was enough to get a good connection and i never needed the geo filter for this game before.

Maybe they've changed the servers around for all the CoD games; Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remasters likely haven't got anywhere near the amount of players they thought they'd have. Maybe they're trying to compensate in some way. Keep us updated with how you're finding it; surely they can't have just given up supporting the middle east for Black Ops 2.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Victor-Yout

Victor-Yout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Local time: 01:41 AM
  • LocationCologne, Germany

i have also noticed that, crazy. there is a dedi in uk which you nearly always play on

maazsk97

maazsk97

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

i have also noticed that, crazy. there is a dedi in uk which you nearly always play on

Yeah i was like WTF why are they hosting new dedis for such an old CoD. 

Victor-Yout

Victor-Yout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Local time: 01:41 AM
  • LocationCologne, Germany

just saw a few more, thats really crazy

maazsk97

maazsk97

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Just had a chat with an Activision Agent and he told me to port forward and dmz even though i told him like 2-3 times that my nat type is open and i have a wired connection with more than enough bandwidth lol. After a long conversation he agreed that it is an issue with their matchmaking. These agents will never learn will they?

talbyfish

talbyfish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationnewcastle upon tyne

maybe its going backwards compatible soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users