Can no longer connect to PSN via the Duma, help!

Hi,

So I'm Really hoping someone can help me out as I've pretty much tried everything I can think of to solve this.

My predicament is this,

I went to play on my Ps4 last night to play some multiplayer and i wasn't connected to the PSN so i tried to connect and I kept getting an error, so i go to my internet settings on the ps4 and do a network test and everything is fine apart from under Playstation Network sign-in it says "Failed". My first thought is the Playstation network is down but thats not the case.

I go to my PC to log on the Playstation website and i get this...

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://auth.api.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/2.0/signin?"on this server.

Reference #18.128b1bb8.1486807342.452f032

So i reset my ISP Router and the Duma and test the connection again with the same results again...

My next thought is to try the Playstation App on my phone and see if I can login through that, again i get an error. I switch my phone over to my Data and not my Wifi connection and i can successfully login, yay, so i now know its not a PSN Fault.

After this i tether my phone to the PS4 and try connecting to the PSN through my phones Data Connection with success.

My next idea was to unplug the Duma and plug my PS4 directly into my ISP Router, and success i have a connection, PSN logged in fine but the Downside no Duma Controls :(

so I try Turning off Modem mode on my ISP Router connect the Duma back up and everythings working as should be.

I much Preffered having my setup as ISP(in Modem mode)>NetDuma> and then all connections from the duma so i have full control over Congestion etc..

I have tried again this morning, reset both ISP and Duma, Factory Rest the Duma. still no joy with PSN, its like the Duma just doesn't want to connect to the PSN when connected to my ISP in Modem mode, which has been fine up until last night.

I haven't changed anything on the Duma since initial setup last year.

i will be fine connecting to my ISP and then putting that into a DMZ for now but I'd Like to be able to switch it back if possible.

Sorry for the long winded story but i was trying to cover everything I have tried so far.

Any help is appreciated.

-James.

• Administrators

That doesn't make any sense, not sure why that would have an affect on it at all. Do you have UPnP OR port forwarding enabled on the duma, not both? Disable UPnP forwarding in misc settings. What cloud are you using? Is anything appearing as blocked on the Geo-filter when you can't connect? 

• Netduma Staff

Hi,

So I'm Really hoping someone can help me out as I've pretty much tried everything I can think of to solve this.

My predicament is this,

I went to play on my Ps4 last night to play some multiplayer and i wasn't connected to the PSN so i tried to connect and I kept getting an error, so i go to my internet settings on the ps4 and do a network test and everything is fine apart from under Playstation Network sign-in it says "Failed". My first thought is the Playstation network is down but thats not the case.

I go to my PC to log on the Playstation website and i get this...

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://auth.api.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/2.0/signin?"on this server.

Reference #18.128b1bb8.1486807342.452f032

So i reset my ISP Router and the Duma and test the connection again with the same results again...

My next thought is to try the Playstation App on my phone and see if I can login through that, again i get an error. I switch my phone over to my Data and not my Wifi connection and i can successfully login, yay, so i now know its not a PSN Fault.

After this i tether my phone to the PS4 and try connecting to the PSN through my phones Data Connection with success.

My next idea was to unplug the Duma and plug my PS4 directly into my ISP Router, and success i have a connection, PSN logged in fine but the Downside no Duma Controls :(

so I try Turning off Modem mode on my ISP Router connect the Duma back up and everythings working as should be.

I much Preffered having my setup as ISP(in Modem mode)>NetDuma> and then all connections from the duma so i have full control over Congestion etc..

I have tried again this morning, reset both ISP and Duma, Factory Rest the Duma. still no joy with PSN, its like the Duma just doesn't want to connect to the PSN when connected to my ISP in Modem mode, which has been fine up until last night.

I haven't changed anything on the Duma since initial setup last year.

i will be fine connecting to my ISP and then putting that into a DMZ for now but I'd Like to be able to switch it back if possible.

Sorry for the long winded story but i was trying to cover everything I have tried so far.

Any help is appreciated.

-James.

Hey, just wanted to know if there's an update on this?