Duma 2.0

p00psm00thie

Fraser, can you comment in the new OS and if they have tested and fixed the UPnP so that it will allow multiple Ps4 and Xbox natively? The only thing they need is a small rule in the to block port 3074 and 9308 wan side and then offer in return 1-65535. The UPnP already handles the addresses nicely it tries to remap the lan request of 3074 with an external port higher but since 3074 is actually handed out by the first device the translation cannot occur. Anyway. It'd be nice to know if technical things like this are being del with vs just lipstick and rouge. I keep seeing you say "we will add it to the list", surely the list for the new OS is closed for now and the "list" you refer to is future add on or updates but some of these add it to the list items should have been round 1 punchline items.

Your issue can be resolved with NAT if they allow for port translations external to internal as well allow for a rule to block requests externally to 3074. Internal port 3074 can be translated to anything 1-65535 externally as many times and devices as needed if and only if 3074 externally is blocked manually. Once it is allowed handed out the device traverses that 3074 is already open and used and even if the external to internal assignment is successful it will always end with moderate nat in game. I do believe though at least for bo3 Xbox one they allow for 3074-3076. So if you manually forward those ports, say 3074 to Xbox 1 at 192.168.xx.xx and 3075 to 192.168.xx.xx ...etc do you still also get moderate nat on the second and third xbox?

• Administrators

The whole point of testing is to ensure the fewest amount of bugs possible. Can't comment on anything specifically. Also regarding the list we are able to develop new features very quickly. Not everything will be in there at launch and would be added post launch.

Sounds good Fraser, just busting your balls a little bit. I am super excited about the release and I'm sure it's going to be the cats pajamas. Open ended allowing for quicker addons and features is the way to go. I just pray we have external to internal port assignments available with the ability to create firewall and NAT rules as needed. Would be super extra special awesome for 1 to 1 nat and to be able to bridge ports for dual wan capacity and assign blocks of WAN IPS. But the hardware may be the limitation.