Network Monitor Bug maybe?

Unless the page is the one your looking at it shouldn't freeze and stay updated and refreshed quit quickly.

If i have 1 Mozilla tab open and it has the duma info on it, even minimizing that tab and doing nothing lets the data bunch up like you describe, the through put data is correct, it just hasn't stretched it across time.

• Netduma Staff

i have a i7 6700k with 32gb ram so it is not that. i was not switching tabs also tried on another computer 

This is a known bug and should hopefully be fixed with DumaOS. It happens when you have the network monitor running in the background of whatever you're doing - if you leave the tab open it likely won't happen, but if the tab is open but minimised the data builds up (since the network monitor essentially pauses to prevent it from continually using up CPU) and results in a huge spike.

Please confirm that the spike doesn't occur if you leave the network monitor running and always visible on the screen.

This is a known bug and should hopefully be fixed with DumaOS. It happens when you have the network monitor running in the background of whatever you're doing - if you leave the tab open it likely won't happen, but if the tab is open but minimised the data builds up (since the network monitor essentially pauses to prevent it from continually using up CPU) and results in a huge spike.

Please confirm that the spike doesn't occur if you leave the network monitor running and always visible on the screen.

Yo Dantheman and Jack,

My network monitor does exactly as dan described.  I am not switching between tabs or doing any major uploading/downloading. I have the quad i7 4600 processor.  It will freeze for a few seconds and then show a really high value usually on the DL section of the graph....sometimes as high as a gigabit...I only have 50/50 Mbits from my isp.  It doesn't affect my gaming experience.  I just find it odd

Mine shows a 100% bandwidth spike when I first go to it and I've seen it hit way higher than my actual bandwidth too.

Never seen it happen while the monitor is running, only when I first go to it or go back to it from another tab.