Help please

All of there power supply I run into or have checked aren't working properly. They never ever check what I checked. When I go and trouble shoot open neutrals or what cable tv calls "hot drops" I amp check cable tv's coaxil. I usually find over 8 amps on there cable line. To my imo the amperage is coming from our flawed electric system. I personally feel and just proved that the amperage I found causes drama on catv systems. Messes up ping flow. My ping was soooo screwed up before I brought my bucket truck home to fix my block.

Believe it or not those choopa servers have a pretty solid connection. When I test (and I have been for the past 3 years with my connection problems) they always show a flat ping and no loss.

Ah , just his twitter plot was less spiky, maybe a different time of the day has a baring on this with line quality.

You dont want DSL or VDSL, the only reason it has better jitter is because of interleaving which smooths out jitter bit increases latency! (ping).

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/184

Having a flat but higher ping is much much better than having a low but jittery ping.

But that is by the by, interleaving is for error correction not jitter correction.

Its a great line for a cable connection do not be disheartened :) I choose fibre over cable here in the UK is all I meant by it.

All of there power supply I run into or have checked aren't working properly. They never ever check what I checked. When I go and trouble shoot open neutrals or what cable tv calls "hot drops" I amp check cable tv's coaxil. I usually find over 8 amps on there cable line. To my imo the amperage is coming from our flawed electric system. I personally feel and just proved that the amperage I found causes drama on catv systems. Messes up ping flow. My ping was soooo screwed up before I brought my bucket truck home to fix my block.

It could look like this....

cf8c65ea3ab541f6860348b00ed22ce0.png

I'm actually currently fighting with Comcast for the past 3 months about an electrical problem. They are saying the electric lines are causing noise on the cable lines and that's what's causing my packet loss and ping issues. They say their hands are tied until the electric company gets out here to fix it.

If I were you I would reach out to someone on the dslreport direct forums from your ISP. Gather a bunch of pingplotter data as well as use dslreports smoke ping and show them the issues you're having. If it is in fact noise on the lines or the cable company causing noise on other lines then the FTC can get on their ass about it with an anonymous tip you could just so happen to make :P

Having a flat but higher ping is much much better than having a low but jittery ping.

But that is by the by, interleaving is for error correction not jitter correction.

I've had VDSL and it sucked, yeah but that error correction smooths out jitter big time or at least my jitter on my ADSL service was 0-4ms but with cable it was 6-12ms pinging the same IP.

Curious how the new anti jitter in the Duma OS will perform...

That was not the interleaving doing that it was the smoother VDSL, using TV cable aint the best for transmitting packets over.

If you had perfected your home set up and had good line conditions then the DLM would have turned off the interleaving and placed you on fast path.

We are lucky here in the UK I guess, VDSL is great on the whole.

It could look like this....

cf8c65ea3ab541f6860348b00ed22ce0.png

I'm actually currently fighting with Comcast for the past 3 months about an electrical problem. They are saying the electric lines are causing noise on the cable lines and that's what's causing my packet loss and ping issues. They say their hands are tied until the electric company gets out here to fix it.

If I were you I would reach out to someone on the dslreport direct forums from your ISP. Gather a bunch of pingplotter data as well as use dslreports smoke ping and show them the issues you're having. If it is in fact noise on the lines or the cable company causing noise on other lines then the FTC can get on their ass about it with an anonymous tip you could just so happen to make :P

Do you think they might be just passing the blame? as most cable plots I see are pretty much like yours there MB.

Do you think they might be just passing the blame? as most cable plots I see are pretty much like yours there MB.

Well something is definitely wrong because I can get this plot on the same connection at the same times just by changing what channels my modem is connecting to.

I don't think they are passing the blame because I've seen them working here replacing things on my street. Later next week they are supposedly going to split the node feeding my area and give me the new node which is supposed to fix some overload issues with the node. So we'll see...

511005b3b66b4f1f8eccdd0e807dacde.png

FTTC-vs-FFTB-vs-FTTH-225x300.png

This is a great example of how different types of service will perform. Obviously the close you are to the main fiber lines the better your connection will be.

Here in the UK we have cabinets in the housing estates, its like bringing the exchange to your doorstep.

My home set up was perfected at that time but cant say what happens once it left the demarc.  I used to work in the telecommunication field so I terminated all my own cabling and had one of the best gaming routers available with my cable set up but had to use the VDSL one the ISP provided me.

Odd that you say that as when I asked at that time to put me on a fast path they said they could not as with out interleaving (error correction) because I would lose line integrity.  At that time I just assumed line integrity = jitter since the reason I told them I wanted to be on a fast path was to lower my ping.  I guess that is what I get for assuming! lol

That is much better, stick with those channels, are you loosing speed with doing that?

You should create a thread with a how to, to help out other cable folks :)

Not at all, but I still do have those random spikes and packet loss because anything in the 600-700mhz channels have a crazy amount of noise. Staying off those channels helps, but doesn't solve the problem which has been going on for 3+ years. I only noticed it when I got my Duma while playing AW and seeing my ping spiking to 300+ms every few minutes.

Here in the UK we have cabinets in the housing estates, its like bringing the exchange to your doorstep.

I imagine that's because of how many people have dsl vs cable. Here dsl is available but most people want FAST without actually looking into the pros/cons of each type of service. If I could I would pay double the price for a dedicated dsl gaming line, but Comcast literally cut my copper lines from outside when they installed their service so I couldn't go back.

I imagine that's because of how many people have dsl vs cable. Here dsl is available but most people want FAST without actually looking into the pros/cons of each type of service. If I could I would pay double the price for a dedicated dsl gaming line, but Comcast literally cut my copper lines from outside when they installed their service so I couldn't go back.

Virgin were the first to do faster speeds on cable here, It was never brought to my area (thank god lol)

And BT who are the big telecommunication business here in the UK have made fibre a nation wide thing.

I hope you guys get the possibility to have a similar service, it is needed for gaming that's for sure.

It has not always been rosy, I had a terribly nosey ADSL line that I have to manipulate with DMT tool back in the day, as my router would hold on to the low SNRM and my line would bottom out with pages not opening.

I had to force a higher SNRM but the DLM used to take 3 days to give me back the speeds, but a very low sync would force the DLM to give me the speeds back so I would force a 100kbps high SNRM retrain then seconds later give myself the standard 6db, boom speeds back.

I think it was the farms electric fencing and street lighting causing it, now with the cabinet being close it has stopped the noise.

Virgin were the first to do faster speeds on cable here, It was never brought to my area (thank god lol)

And BT who are the big telecommunication business here in the UK have made fibre a nation wide thing.

I hope you guys get the possibility to have a similar service, it is needed for gaming that's for sure.

I mean fiber is pretty much nation wide now, the problem is in areas like mine... The lines are underground and they won't pay a contractor to run the fiber lines. I literally have Verizon Fios lines rolled up on the corner of my street 500 feet away from my house. But because my street has underground utilities they don't wanna install it because it's not worth the cost vs having 30 or so more customers.

The green is my house, the red is where the fiber is rolled up on a pole. There are 4 houses between mine and the corner.

3788d9db5efe471c9cffa75437673017.png