Battle(non)sense Video - Best Router for Gaming

He said that with the Nighthawk, while running a speedtest, he got spikes of 20ms on the upload. While it's decent compared to no QoS, I wouldn't be happy with that.

I've just tested with a speedtest, to see how big the spike was, and there was no spike.

My idle ping was between 8ms-9.5ms (over wifi because I can't be bothered to get up) and during the speedtest my ping didn't go over the 9.5ms max, so it's less than the idle variance.

Didn't hear him say what spikes he got with the Edge router but I doubt it'll beat that.

No idea what he's doing with hyperlane either, it doesn't cause any increase in my ping at all.

Edit:

Tested again, wired this time, with his settings...

Idle ping to Twitter 7.4ms-7.8ms. [speedtest.net to create congestion]

No spikes on the download over over a few tests. Max increased to 8.1ms (wouldn't call <1ms a spike).

1.5ms and 2.5ms on the upload over the tests. x10 smoother than his test with the Nighthawk.

With my tweaked 'housemate-control' settings...

Ping to Twitter. [speedtest.net and youtube for congestion]

Download spike 0.0ms (didn't go past the idle max).

Upload spike +1.2ms.

It's a shame he didn't ask for support and we could have sorted him out. But if he's happier having to never change his settings and will settle for 20ms spikes then who am I to judge.

I disagree with a lot of the things he said in the video, and the last I knew with proper settings there is no issues with local network connection.

But I think he didn't mention a lot of other issues that could cause lag aside from a busy household but he seems to be more focused on the speeds he's getting when he set QOS.

Since when did speeds become the determining factor in a stable jitter free connection and quality gaming ?

He may possibly know less than me... :D

in fairness i think he wanted to favour the easiest option to get best results for least effort put in.

so my netduma has taken an ass age to get stable and even now i find it clunky to get set.  that could be solved by an android/os app to activate profiles etc... hint hint lol

it does a good enough job when i bother, its just a bother.  

I love the Duma but to this day I haven't been able to achieve stable settings for BO3! It almost feels like I've spent more time trying to figure my optimal settings instead of playing the actual game! Having a full-time job and two kids doesn't make it easier. When I'm off of work I just want to come home and have the best gaining experience possible! The most frustrating part is when I search BO3 stuff in the search engine to find a possible solution I come across videos of others achieving great smooth gameplay and thats awesome but very little to none info or tips on how others can achieve similar results. Last night I gave up after once again finding myself in laggy lobbies...I hope the new Duma OS helps fix my problem and is more user friendly. I'm not trying to hate or offend anyone just stating my personal experience with my Duma from someone who has no clue about networking.

I love the Duma but to this day I haven't been able to achieve stable settings for BO3! It almost feels like I've spent more time trying to figure my optimal settings instead of playing the actual game! Having a full-time job and two kids doesn't make it easier. When I'm off of work I just want to come home and have the best gaining experience possible! The most frustrating part is when I search BO3 stuff in the search engine to find a possible solution I come across videos of others achieving great smooth gameplay and thats awesome but very little to none info or tips on how others can achieve similar results. Last night I gave up after once again finding myself in laggy lobbies...I hope the new Duma OS helps fix my problem and is more user friendly. I'm not trying to hate or offend anyone just stating my personal experience with my Duma from someone who has no clue about networking.

1. Could be a terrible ISP connection

2. COD is just a laggy game in general these days. Any good gameplay IMO is lucky

3. I once spent more time playing with settings than I did playing the game. Then I realized the best settings is to do 70% congestion control. Set your location in the ocean, use ping assist to find games 20ms higher than your base ping on a speedtest.

• 5 months later...

He thinks that a buffer of 30% is wrong when its sooooo right, my ping is flat line while my son is online.

Oh well you cant please them all :)

Questions , are you on fibre internet?

Who's your isp

What is your ping when idle

my ping is never a flat line , I'm on residential cable connection just like the majority of people in the us.