New Internet plan change/horrible games

I'm sure Fraser will see this,

So, before I had 200 download and 2o upload. Using the default general set up guide and just a few tweaks on CC, I had great gameplay. I would normally have great gameplay and from time to time bad games but who doesn't. I know the duma works, as many convos in the past I know settings will vary with everybody etc. I currently have today 100 download and 10 upload. After doing all the optimal settings as suggested, seems nothing works good. All is in place and seems I'm always behind in what appears to be a form of latency in multiplayer. I'm not doing anything different from what is suggested and even my other tweaks I had when I had the higher speeds. Any suggestions? Nothing seems to work with general settings guide provided by duma forum etc. Lag/latency appearance to be about a 1 sec approx I'm behind players in different cod titles/modes etc.

Also, wanted to add I did the auto setup also as another option and that isn't a no go. Hyper-traffic seems to worsen my gameplay with multiple testing I have noticed. I have no idea what to do.

Modem-Duma-ps4

Thank you.

More information is needed, Who is your ISP?

Can you provide us with a Netduma network diagnostics and or a Ping Plotter test from your new line please.

PingPlotter

Type twitter.com into target and press go.

To save an image press > file > save image.

Have you altered your news speeds into the congestion control edit function?

More information is needed, Who is your ISP?

Can you provide us with a Netduma network diagnostics and or a Ping Plotter test from your new line please.

PingPlotter

Type twitter.com into target and press go.

To save an image press > file > save image.

Have you altered your news speeds into the congestion control edit function?

I'm going to make a personal video not for youtube just for netduma team to assist me... I will go over everything as short as possible so you all can see what I'm doing.. and yes I have to the speeds congestion. It just so happens upon fresh/reboot of router it is auto populated for me as default. I'm tired of going back and forth on forum without visuals lol... 

I currently have SPECTRUM it was the same carrier when i had 200D/20U.

Duma worked good for me with speeds at 200 download and 20 upload

Duma doesn't work good for me with speeds at 100 download and 10 upload (WEIRD, since it's lower)

Duma doesn't receive well with Fiber optics when I did have it that was 500 up and down.

FYi.

Bandwidth would not make a difference to on line gaming as it uses so little width, but if your ping's (true speed) have been affected by the change then this would make a big impact.

That is why we need to see a ping test, to see if you have an issue there first.

Bandwidth would not make a difference to on line gaming as it uses so little width, but if your ping's (true speed) have been affected by the change then this would make a big impact.

That is why we need to see a ping test, to see if you have an issue there first.

Yes, your right but.... with different plans comes different speed connections which would impact the ping etc. I have made a video I have to upload in order to present to you and the staff in full detail and all visual. Will post soon, thank you for your time.

Hopefully the video is enough detail for a better resolution to my issue. Thank you for your time and duma team.

The problem is you have Spectrum / Charter as it's cable lol.I have the same ISP and they're oversold so bad in my area it causes severe node overload as I did some serious "checking into" my line from A-Z about a year ago,and my finding were as I said above...severe node overload.

I know we live in different states and it could not be the issue where your at but I'm still gonna say as long as you have cable, it's the worst you can get for stability / jitter.As your tied to what ever your neighbors and everyone on your hub is doing and that will dictate the stability of your line, not to mention TV is run thru the same cable...again it causes jitter in my case anyway but I suspect that it's the same for most cable users.

That being said IMO they have been messing with the game lately,tweaking things...matchmaking,connectivity etc the usual BS.And I have definitely noticed a difference in gameplay for me in the last couple of days.

And as Z said bandwidth at those speeds won't matter if you down graded from 200 / 20 to 100 /10,I got 65 / 6 and it's a non issue.But PP will help to see if it's a line issue or something else.

Your gonna have to go back to tweaking your settings again and find that "sweet spot" all over again,I would say don't throttle so much and start at 70 / 70 and go up or down from there. 

• Administrators

Some notes from the video:

According to internet diagnostics your base ping is around 15ms and can fluctuate to around 23ms. This can have an effect. What was your base ping on your previous plan? Did it fluctuate at all like it does now?

On the Geo-filter I would put strict on & ping assist to 0ms.

When you have higher speeds you have less congestion which is why you could do 100% anti-flood and it wouldn't feel too bad depending on what you were doing.

What was your ping during that game? Was it spiking? It looked fine to me honestly, I didn't see any noticeable lag or BS moments but then again I don't get to play too much. I've included the video with the start time of the gameplay and maybe others can let me know:

https://youtu.be/LcKsJMPKd8k?t=16m47s

Also kill cams aren't an accurate representation of what happens so I would not put too much faith in them. 

Some notes from the video:

According to internet diagnostics your base ping is around 15ms and can fluctuate to around 23ms. This can have an effect. What was your base ping on your previous plan? Did it fluctuate at all like it does now?

On the Geo-filter I would put strict on & ping assist to 0ms.

When you have higher speeds you have less congestion which is why you could do 100% anti-flood and it wouldn't feel too bad depending on what you were doing.

What was your ping during that game? Was it spiking? It looked fine to me honestly, I didn't see any noticeable lag or BS moments but then again I don't get to play too much. I've included the video with the start time of the gameplay and maybe others can let me know:

https://youtu.be/LcKsJMPKd8k?t=16m47s

Also kill cams aren't an accurate representation of what happens so I would not put too much faith in them. 

lol, Fraser! I'm honored I was able to reach you with the video! I hope that gave a great visual of the issues I'm experiencing. I will try the few things you suggested. I know duma works! shoot I had many games steady great with duma. I just don't know why it's changed on gameplay when I downgraded plan. 

Was the visual a bit more helpful on my behalf?

My past base ping on same ISP was different when i had a higher plan. (weird, approx 29). I actually had nice gameplays and of course my bad games came along! But, the gameplay was smoother and even hit markers detection was quicker.

Thank you again for taking your time to watch and seeing if I was doing anything wrong.

I really starting to think it's because I downgraded plans? But, if so I thought less is better?

By the way that video was not a bash to duma at all just a visual and me explaining all as best I could with my settings vs going back n forth on forum etc.

Thank you again for your time!!!!

I just added the video to my main message above, when you get time if you can take a look as well. Thx you!

The problem is you have Spectrum / Charter as it's cable lol.I have the same ISP and they're oversold so bad in my area it causes severe node overload as I did some serious "checking into" my line from A-Z about a year ago,and my finding were as I said above...severe node overload.

I know we live in different states and it could not be the issue where your at but I'm still gonna say as long as you have cable, it's the worst you can get for stability / jitter.As your tied to what ever your neighbors and everyone on your hub is doing and that will dictate the stability of your line, not to mention TV is run thru the same cable...again it causes jitter in my case anyway but I suspect that it's the same for most cable users.

That being said IMO they have been messing with the game lately,tweaking things...matchmaking,connectivity etc the usual BS.And I have definitely noticed a difference in gameplay for me in the last couple of days.

And as Z said bandwidth at those speeds won't matter if you down graded from 200 / 20 to 100 /10,I got 65 / 6 and it's a non issue.But PP will help to see if it's a line issue or something else.

Your gonna have to go back to tweaking your settings again and find that "sweet spot" all over again,I would say don't throttle so much and start at 70 / 70 and go up or down from there. 

Yo, yeah... time warner swapped to spectrum in sa, tx.. same ISP previous just lowered plan down and noticed big difference and can't find a setting if you will even with default to run smoother gameplay and seems im always about 1 sec approx behind folk toe to toe... I posted video to my message above.

• Administrators

lol, Fraser! I'm honored I was able to reach you with the video! I hope that gave a great visual of the issues I'm experiencing. I will try the few things you suggested. I know duma works! shoot I had many games steady great with duma. I just don't know why it's changed on gameplay when I downgraded plan. 

Was the visual a bit more helpful on my behalf?

My past base ping on same ISP was different when i had a higher plan. (weird, approx 29). I actually had nice gameplays and of course my bad games came along! But, the gameplay was smoother and even hit markers detection was quicker.

Thank you again for taking your time to watch and seeing if I was doing anything wrong.

I really starting to think it's because I downgraded plans? But, if so I thought less is better?

By the way that video was not a bash to duma at all just a visual and me explaining all as best I could with my settings vs going back n forth on forum etc.

Thank you again for your time!!!!

It was helpful yes, though maybe just upload screenshots and a bit of gameplay next time or at least a shorter video please haha, 20mins was a bit long!

Okay so was probably consistent and didn't fluctuate much. 

No worries. Less speed doesn't necessarily mean better, lower ping definitely. The fluctuating is not so good though!

Yeah I know :)

It was helpful yes, though maybe just upload screenshots and a bit of gameplay next time or at least a shorter video please haha, 20mins was a bit long!

Okay so was probably consistent and didn't fluctuate much. 

No worries. Less speed doesn't necessarily mean better, lower ping definitely. The fluctuating is not so good though!

Yeah I know :)

Your funny Fraser your my long lost 3rd cousin! lol.... Thanks for all your support..... I will do what you say next time... I was just tired of going back and forth on forum with out visuals was the only Way I could express all with my personal issues. Let me play around with things as suggested and get this bad boy to the place were Had it last time on the other plan.. it works great.... sucks I have to deal with this .

Ill be back soon with update.

7G when you're running your BB test, you should try and do it under load for the best results.

So when you run your DSL reports, have ping plotter going at the same time,I run PP,YT and speed test at the same time to really stress my connection as that's what you're trying to do is control that fluctuation during gaming at least keep it to a minimum.

Just make sure you can see the PP graph and the DSL reports as your trying to find your new settings and the settings that change the least on the PP graph when your connection is under load (more than just the DSL reports test) should give you better results.

In my case when I run just DSL,it's completely different settings than when I run PP at the same time.