PS4 "LAN cable Disconnected"

Every once in awhile when I play on PS4 the console will say the LAN cable is disconnected.  It usually happens 5-20 mins after I start using it for the first time.  Sometimes it just happens once and then not again for the rest of the day- sometimes it happens twice or three times within 5-30 mins of each other.  Every once in a while it will happen over and over without pause for a min. or two straight...  Since this problem is usually not present after the first hour of gaming I have been letting it slide - but today it got annoying and if there are some solutions I can try to fix this I would like to try them.  I understand it's a common problem.   The following things I have tried without success:

-Changing MTU to 1492

-Changing MTU to 1450

-giggling cable at back of router and ps4 (no response)

-Changed ethernet ports on back of netduma

*All Ethernet cables are assumed functional (worked fine until netduma a week ago) and 5e.    

Swap out LAN cables to see if problem continues? CAT6 recommended.

Does using Auto MTU do anything.

Can you test the console wirelessly instead of wired to see if the problem is seen there? Switch back to wired after testing.

Can you test the console to the back of the ISP modem to see if problem is seen there? Might help narrow down if problem is actual cable or port issue, could be on console or R1.

Auto MTU was my original setting - forgot to add that I experienced problems on that too.  The netduma is also in use on my PC simultaneously and the LAN disconnects are NOT experienced on that device at all.  Appears to be purely a PS4 side issue.  I am testing wireless now.  I will grab a 6 and see if it makes a difference, but like I said - have never experienced this problem until netduma was plugged in.

Thankyou for the help 

Sounds like you found the issue. To make sure, connect it to the ISP modem or if you have a external LAN switch, connect it there, it if continues then I presume the port on the PS is bad. Test wireless on the PS as well if you can. I know it's not preferred. This is just a test.

Sounds like you found the issue. To make sure, connect it to the ISP modem or if you have a external LAN switch, connect it there, it if continues then I presume the port on the PS is bad. Test wireless on the PS as well if you can. I know it's not preferred. This is just a test.

I don't think it's the PS4 port.   This PS4 Pro and this cable have both worked perfectly since I bought them.  Problems started when netduma arrived.  I will probably end up switching back to my old router for all of tomarrow just to make sure.   

Let us know what the old router does. You might see if a external switch could be of help. Have seen odd issues with device ports in various configurations. Sometimes a switch can help.

Problem occurred once within 15 mins of switching back to LAN.  Have been playing since then with no problems....  What the heck could be going on?  I have seen other topics about this kind of problem around - but no real resolutions.  

---http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1411-a-lan-cable-has-been-disconnected-ps4/

I would test with a external switch connected between the R1 and the PS. You could even change your old router into a AP and use it as a test. Wondering if there maybe some sort of Port issue between the R1 and PS ports.

Today my PS4 (still with the duma) started doing this literally the moment I turned it on...then 15mins later did it a 2nd time.  And I mean repetitively- for 2 mins each time.  I wonder if my issue is getting worse....  

-Update: today the duma was almost unusable for a solid hour.  Disconnecting over and over in sprees every 5-15 mins.  I would really appreciate some help from netduma support.

I would test with a external switch connected between the R1 and the PS. You could even change your old router into a AP/Swtich bettween the R1 and PS and use it as a test. Seems like there is some handshaking connection funniness going on here maybe.

I have switched back to my old router - so far no problems...  And the problems usually occur right away.  

-when I originally set the netduma up I actually set it up with the old router in-between it and the modem (cuz noob).   Like this =   Modem-->NetgearRouter-->Netduma.

I'm pretty sure when I had that configuration going on I was not experiencing the problem.

Was the R1 in the NG DMZ at the time?

Also does it happen with the PS directly connected to the ISP modem/ONT? If it doesn't then I presume the issue is  between the R1 and the PS. A external Network GB LAN switch could help maybe.

Was the R1 in the NG DMZ at the time?

Also does it happen with the PS directly connected to the ISP modem/ONT? If it doesn't then I presume the issue is  between the R1 and the PS. A external Network GB LAN switch could help maybe.

Yes, I did add the R1 to the Netgear DMZ (at least I think I did it properly) in that original setup.  

-Well turns out I WAS WRONG and my old router just LAN kicked me aswell (funny that it waited this long to start having the same problem)...  Maybe it is not a netduma problem afterall...  Strange that it has only started occurring to me since the netduma setup though...  It literally only happens when I first start using the console online.  After I use it for an hour it's gone..

-today I discovered that if I Leave the ps4 alone (after getting past the initial hour of LAN disconects) for a few hours and it shuts off the whole process starts over and I have to deal with the LAN disconnects for almost an hour again... 

-If I was to just go buy a switch at the walmart is it just a Upnp thing?  so easy grandma could do it?   

THANKYOU again for all your continued assistance.  

Yes, if you can get a Gb external switch install would be a good test. If it still fails here, then I'm thinking there maybe HW port issue on this PS console. SInce it's now failing with your old router.

I switched to modem only connection for over an hour and there were no LAN disconnects.  Switched back to netduma and experienced a LAN DC almost instantly.  

I am going to try out the modem only connection again tomarrow for longer to make sure.  I also plan on switching back to my old netgear+duma setup for a day and see if that helps.  This problem is ridiculous to diagnose because sometimes its literally constant and then sometimes it takes awhile to occur... 

-What could I do about a HW port issue on the PS? 

-Here kinda an offtopic question.  When I am playing connected solely to the modem am I losing out on anything my old (run-of-the-mill) router provides?  Is there a disadvantage to LANing from your modem as opposed to a normal router?  

Next I would give a external Gb switch a try between the R1 and the PS and see if the problem stops. 

Ya this is a odd one however if the PS is working well directly connected to the modem, then this points to to the port on the PS. Could be either faulty or bad. Seems like its having a problem handshaking with the R1 and your old router. I've seen it where a switch helps in some cases like this. 

If this is an actual HW port issue with the PS, id contact Sony and ask for help on this. Let them know what all you've done to narrow down the issue. 

Actually the best gaming performances is direct to the ISP modem. Not as much router processing involved when direct with the modem. Only issue is that other can't be online while your gaming in this configuration if the modem/ONT doesn't have multiple ports. 

Well turns out I WAS WRONG and my old router just LAN kicked me aswell

Could this be a issue with the power?

Does your router uptime get reset when you get booted?

Was just wondering if a momentary drop in power could be causing your router to spaz for a moment and then you get kicked.

Are you using a surge protector or a trailing socket (with the router / modem / PS / or all of them attached to it).

Can you try using different power outlets?

And I assume you've already tried:

a new ethernet

dust blower in the PS port

checked that everything is 'clicked' firmly into place

If none of the above then I'd guess it's a faulty port/card in the PS (it's obviously not the Netduma or the other router as it happens with both).

If it was happening to me then I would connect a laptop to the router (over ethernet) and run Ping Plotter whilst I was gaming.

When the error message appears on the PS, you should be able to narrow down where the problem is occurring a bit more from the PP graph (by whether it shows packet loss or not).

Could this be a issue with the power?

Does your router uptime get reset when you get booted?

Was just wondering if a momentary drop in power could be causing your router to spaz for a moment and then you get kicked.

Are you using a surge protector or a trailing socket (with the router / modem / PS / or all of them attached to it).

Can you try using different power outlets?

And I assume you've already tried:

a new ethernet

dust blower in the PS port

checked that everything is 'clicked' firmly into place

If none of the above then I'd guess it's a faulty port/card in the PS (it's obviously not the Netduma or the other router as it happens with both).

If it was happening to me then I would connect a laptop to the router (over ethernet) and run Ping Plotter whilst I was gaming.

When the error message appears on the PS, you should be able to narrow down where the problem is occurring a bit more from the PP graph (by whether it shows packet loss or not).

I am online with my PC and my PS4 at the same time.  And I experience no loss of connectivity on my pc.  Its just so strange.  Like now for the past 4-5 hours I have been playing steady with NO problems on the duma...  But this morning at 6:00am when I was trying to get on I was experiencing constant disconnects for around an hour.  Happened again when I came home from work and woke the PS4 from sleep mode.  At the very least its consistent haha. 

I am going to try everything suggested over the next few days  - if you guys don't mind just leaving this thread here so that I can return to it this weekend and check back in I would appreciate it.  

I have found an interesting development.  By disconnecting my ethernet cord from the back of the ps4 and then plugging it back in quickly (While I am getting the LAN Disconnect message) I can pretty much stop the problem from happening ever again during a single play session.  Turn on PS4 - play a bit - get error- unplug LAN - error goes away until the ps4 is left alone for too long again...