New Netduma User having trouble getting optimal settings

Nvm there's a notable difference in price.

Trust me and go with the TC-7610 or 7610-E they are both the same model. It's cheap, it works and there's proof.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/20026-the-difference/?do=findComment&comment=138476

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/20007-high-ping-spikes-latency-jitter/?do=findComment&comment=138547

DO NOT BUY ANY OTHER MODEM

Be ware that the Arris SB6190 is experiencing some FW issues seen here: 

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31079834-ALL-SB6190-is-a-terrible-modem-Intel-Puma-6-MaxLinear-mistake

and https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31122204-SB6190-Puma6-TCP-UDP-Network-Latency-Issue-Discussion

There are two problems, ICMP and TCP/UDP. 

The SB 6180/83 do not suffer from this issue. This is an Intel Chip set issue. The new up and coming SB 8200 is supposed to be Broadcom based.

The SB6183 series uses the BCM3383 chipset which has the EEE bug making it almost impossible to play games with. Honestly I'd stay FAR away from any Arris/Motorola modems after all I've been through.

Been using my 6180 for years while gaming. No issues seen here. EEE bug?

The 6183 has been proven to be even better. Test and proven results over on the dslreports forum report as such.

The only modems seeing issues are any Intel Puma 6 based ones.

Just because you seem to have issues doesn't mean the entire model modem line is bad. Other factors at play with any ISP modem. There's lots of other people using 6 series modems.

Been using my 6180 for years while gaming. No issues seen here. EEE bug?

The 6183 has been proven to be even better. Test and proven results over on the dslreports forum report as such.

The only modems seeing issues are any Intel Puma 6 based ones.

Just because you seem to have issues doesn't mean the entire model modem line is bad. Other factors at play with any ISP modem. There's lots of other people using 6 series modems.

Do people at DSLreports use a Netduma? Trust me the 6183 has issues with the Netduma.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19334-intels-puma-6-chipset-suffers-from-latency-jitter-fix-soon/?view=findpost&p=138303

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/17798-arris-sb6190netgear-nighthawk-ac2350netdumaxbox-one/?do=findComment&comment=129353

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/18898-insane-ping-until-modem-reboot-after-downloading-at-high-speeds/?do=findComment&comment=128314

I'm not digging through the forum looking for more proof of this. The SB6183 and the Netduma do not play nice together. Simple as that.

Only seems to be an issue with Duma and the 83. I may have been fixed by Arris. Something that Duma devs could and should check on with Arris and there devs. This maybe an issue on how Duma interacts with the 83. Will be interesting to see what the 8200 does with the R1.

Only seems to be an issue with Duma and the 83. I may have been fixed by Arris. Something that Duma devs could and should check on with Arris and there devs. This maybe an issue on how Duma interacts with the 83. Will be interesting to see what the 8200 does with the R1.

As I said it's an EEE bug with the modem's chipset. Nothing can be done to fix it except don't buy the modem. Netduma already tried and they couldn't fix it. Supposedly Arris put out an update that allows you to disable EEE but it still has ping spikes. Just like all other Arris modems. I've been through 4 in the last year and all of them have random ping spikes and slow downs with the Netduma.

Best solution? Get the TC-7610 that works perfectly for half the price. Don't believe me? Ask these guys...

Buck

Joe

Fuzzy

In my area everybody is actually using Spectrum. But I did check up the compatibility list should work fine with Spectrum. Your using the TP-Link TC7610-E ?

I am using the Cisco DCP3008 you can get a used or refurbished one for under 30 dollars, I bought two. Its been working great so far.

I would 100 %agree with MoD on the TC-7610 it's cheap and it works great  with the duma as well as being a solid 8 x 4 modem.

Mod and Buck have been thru a ton of modems and they know what they're talking about when it comes to being compatible and functional with the duma.And yes some people may not have an issue with other modems but they might not be using the duma and that's the difference, the Intel Puma 6 chipset is know to have issue's with or with out the duma in the set up.

I picked up a SB6183 yesterday. Did some preliminary testing. I don't see any issues with it and with the R1 connected to it. Pings from R1 is solid around 22-23ms and no loss reported for my ISP service using same google IP address. Additional testing with other test tools have similar findings. Gamed last night after getting it all set up and tested. CoD gaming and performance was wonderful. I may go back and check some R1 settings. I'm the only one gaming and using the Internet in the evenings and at night so congestion controls are higher than whats recommended for my house hold. I see the EEE setting in the modems UI, it's disabled by default. My R1 seems to be ok with the 6183. I think the 6183 is a keeper. At least for me.

R1 pings with my SB6180:

post-6392-0-82649500-1486084490_thumb.png

R1 pings with my SB6183 after installation:

post-6392-0-37422600-1486084498_thumb.png

post-6392-0-79534400-1486084665_thumb.png

post-6392-0-70184200-1498326634_thumb.png

You get any progress on this? Just curious is all.

HI Guys!

Just purchased  the netduma 2 days ago. Didnt need to update the firmware since it was already 1.03.6h. I followed the optimal settings guide for 120mb and less. Im currently using time warner as my isp with 100 down and 10 upload. I have my arris surfboard sb6141 connected directly to my netduma router nothing else. Ive been noticing im losing alot of gunfights now more then usual Ill shoot them first and i still die. Also dieing really fast. Its also taking me forever to connect to  servers(codiw). At first Ive assumed it was my internet but when Ive plugged in my old router I was doing better. Im pretty sure that I havent set the netduma correctly. I dont know much about router settings and etc so please do explain abit in detail . also I forgot to mention I wasnt able to get open nat. I didnt understand what that DMZ was about so I actually maunually put in the port settings for codiw. I also ran the ping diagnostics settings from the router and everything came back good and exceptional.   I would really appericate if someone  could help me get this running smooth for codiw. Im using ps4

Capture.png

6008705789.png

Yeah just curious as to what you decided to go with...hopefully the TC-7610 as it has made a huge difference in my case and just for reference I am also on Spectrum / Charter with 65 / 5 speeds and the TC-7610 is actually one of their recommended modems as before I bought it I called just to make sure it was compatible with their service.

• 3 weeks later...

As I said it's an EEE bug with the modem's chipset. Nothing can be done to fix it except don't buy the modem. Netduma already tried and they couldn't fix it. Supposedly Arris put out an update that allows you to disable EEE but it still has ping spikes. Just like all other Arris modems. I've been through 4 in the last year and all of them have random ping spikes and slow downs with the Netduma.

Best solution? Get the TC-7610 that works perfectly for half the price. Don't believe me? Ask these guys...

Buck

Joe

Fuzzy

I am using the Cisco DCP3008 you can get a used or refurbished one for under 30 dollars, I bought two. Its been working great so far.

I picked up a SB6183 yesterday. Did some preliminary testing. I don't see any issues with it and with the R1 connected to it. Pings from R1 is solid around 22-23ms and no loss reported for my ISP service using same google IP address. Additional testing with other test tools have similar findings. Gamed last night after getting it all set up and tested. CoD gaming and performance was wonderful. I may go back and check some R1 settings. I'm the only one gaming and using the Internet in the evenings and at night so congestion controls are higher than whats recommended for my house hold. I see the EEE setting in the modems UI, it's disabled by default. My R1 seems to be ok with the 6183. I think the 6183 is a keeper. At least for me.

R1 pings with my SB6180:

attachicon.gif6180_R1PingTest.png

R1 pings with my SB6183 after installation:

attachicon.gifR1_6183_Pings.png

attachicon.gifArris6183ProdInfo.png

Yeah just curious as to what you decided to go with...hopefully the TC-7610 as it has made a huge difference in my case and just for reference I am also on Spectrum / Charter with 65 / 5 speeds and the TC-7610 is actually one of their recommended modems as before I bought it I called just to make sure it was compatible with their service.

Hey Guys my apologies for the late respond. Had some matters to attend to and was out of town. I am actually on a tight budget atm so I went ahead and got the TP-Link TC7610-E. The router was running at my place for a few days so i went ahead and took  ss of the channels etc. http://Modem_part_1.png modem_part_2.png image sharing

Would appreciate some feedback from you guys. I dont know much about these settings but for some reason I feel like theirs something wrong. Ive been getting alot of hit detection issuses for cod blackops 3 and codIW.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Trust me and go with the TC-7610 or 7610-E they are both the same model. It's cheap, it works and there's proof.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/20026-the-difference/?do=findComment&comment=138476

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/20007-high-ping-spikes-latency-jitter/?do=findComment&comment=138547

DO NOT BUY ANY OTHER MODEM

This modem puts a smile on my face.

Hey Guys my apologies for the late respond. Had some matters to attend to and was out of town. I am actually on a tight budget atm so I went ahead and got the TP-Link TC7610-E. The router was running at my place for a few days so i went ahead and took  ss of the channels etc. http://Modem_part_1.png modem_part_2.png image sharing

Would appreciate some feedback from you guys. I dont know much about these settings but for some reason I feel like theirs something wrong. Ive been getting alot of hit detection issuses for cod blackops 3 and codIW.

I know your post was back in February, but did you get this figured out yet?  If you are still seeing uncorrectbles on all your channels, your lines are messed up and need to call your ISP to fix.  Hopefully you got it taken care of already.

Legion Gaming,

Your Modem Level Picture looks pretty close to what mine looked like last week (TC7610). I began having major issues with packet loss, hit detection,  and disconnects. I checked my modem levels (-3 to -5dB) and noticed I was getting around 20,000+ uncorrectables every 10 minutes. After one day it was well over 3,000,000 uncorrectables.

I gave Cox a call. They noticed there was significant packet loss going to my modem and a high number of uncorrectables. They had a tech come out and determined it was on their side (tons of packet loss going to the node), so he had to pass it on to the line management people to take a look. That guy came out and found the Main Cable Box feeding the node across the street from my house had been RAN OVER at some point!  This severely damaged the main line to my node. He noticed there was a lot of signal leakage. He repaired the line, and since then my modem power levels are near 0dB, no more uncorrectables or correctables (over the past week), no packet loss, and gameplay has been solid. My jitter may be a little higher now for some reason though.

I would bet the issue is with your ISP, and if you haven't already done so, I would suggest you have a tech come and check everything out for you. 

Legion Gaming,

Your Modem Level Picture looks pretty close to what mine looked like last week (TC7610). I began having major issues with packet loss, hit detection,  and disconnects. I checked my modem levels (-3 to -5dB) and noticed I was getting around 20,000+ uncorrectables every 10 minutes. After one day it was well over 3,000,000 uncorrectables.

I gave Cox a call. They noticed there was significant packet loss going to my modem and a high number of uncorrectables. They had a tech come out and determined it was on their side (tons of packet loss going to the node), so he had to pass it on to the line management people to take a look. That guy came out and found the Main Cable Box feeding the node across the street from my house had been RAN OVER at some point!  This severely damaged the main line to my node. He noticed there was a lot of signal leakage. He repaired the line, and since then my modem power levels are near 0dB, no more uncorrectables or correctables (over the past week), no packet loss, and gameplay has been solid. My jitter may be a little higher now for some reason though.

I would bet the issue is with your ISP, and if you haven't already done so, I would suggest you have a tech come and check everything out for you. 

Exactly what he said... If the signal is fine on your end that doesn't mean there isn't a problem further down the line. I had to fight with Comcast for almost 2 years to get them to give in and fix the entire area. Now, no issues at all.