Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DumaOS Announcement: Development Progress & Testing

DumaOS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
563 replies to this topic

RiotControll

RiotControll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Local time: 07:31 PM

More complaining leads to more delay!  :P  :P  :P

Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: I think you oughta get yourself an M-16. 

Sergeant Major Basil Plumley: Sir, if the time comes I need one, there'll be plenty lying on the ground.

snebbeg

snebbeg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Local time: 06:31 PM
  • LocationUK

Bring on the OS

beam.pro/snebbeg

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Local time: 03:31 AM
  • LocationAustralia
Patience is a virtue, said for a reason.

bbursley

bbursley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Local time: 01:31 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the netduma does its job already....Went back to some old bo2 kept getting some horrible lobby's, flipped on the geofilter and almost dropped a nuclear the first game in..... Granted I was doing decent before but man....The improvement was extremely consistent after that match. Perfect hit detection match after match. I think I've noticed it more on this game than any and this is my first time using it on my 360 to be honest.

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts
  • LocationUS - Michigan

As far as I'm concerned, the netduma does its job already....Went back to some old bo2 kept getting some horrible lobby's, flipped on the geofilter and almost dropped a nuclear the first game in..... Granted I was doing decent before but man....The improvement was extremely consistent after that match. Perfect hit detection match after match. I think I've noticed it more on this game than any and this is my first time using it on my 360 to be honest.

It works really well on Ghosts,BO2,MW3,BO1 etc they are mostly P2P games (aside from ghosts) and you can put together a nice list of good hosts and get some seriously good lobbies and gameplay.

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

Netduma Iain

Netduma Iain

CTO

• Administrators
  • 7,293 posts
  • Local time: 05:31 PM

POPULAR

Iain here with a long-awaited news update:

First of all we realise there has been a lot heated discussion in this thread about when DumaOS should / will be ready. It's great to see so many of you are passionate and excited. For the handful of users who are feeling impatient please be assured we are working as hard and as fast as we can to get a version ready for you. We are very confident you will love the results once the upgrade is available. However, transitioning from a small number of testers to tens of thousands of open beta testers is a huge leap so we are doing everything we can to optimise the OS before we do this.

If we rush out a version that is not sufficiently tested then we run the risk of doing more harm than good. You, as a tester, will have to wait on us to fix issues while your gaming suffers. And as developers it puts us under a lot of pressure that is not conducive to creating great router software.

So when will the Open Beta begin? Well the closed beta is already underway and it is going well so far - the feedback has been very positive and thanks to our testers we have resolved a bunch of issues meaning we're getting close to a fully stable version. Once we reach that point we will expand the testing to more of our closed beta testers. This means we are confident we will have an upgrade for you in the near future and we are even more confident that you guys will love DumaOS, but ONLY WHEN IT'S READY!

Thank you for all your support, patience and enthusiasm. And to tie you over, attached is a new screenshot from the UI (left click to expand). This is the 'Dashboard' feature, which allows you to pin your favourite features onto one single screen. This creates one master page from which you can control DumaOS. Have fun speculating what each feature is for!

Thanks,

Iain & The Netduma Team 

Attached File  DumaOS Screenshot.png   852.32KB   108 downloads

XSXS

XSXS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Local time: 10:31 AM
  • LocationAZ

First of all we realise there has been a lot heated discussion in this thread about when DumaOS should / will be ready. It's great to see so many of you are passionate and excited. For the handful of users who are feeling impatient please be assured we are working as hard and as fast as we can to get a version ready for you. We are very confident you will love the results once the upgrade is available. However, transitioning from a small number of testers to tens of thousands of open beta testers is a huge leap so we are doing everything we can to optimise the OS before we do this.

If we rush out a version that is not sufficiently tested then we run the risk of doing more harm than good. You, as a tester, will have to wait on us to fix issues while your gaming suffers. And as developers it puts us under a lot of pressure that is not conducive to creating great router software.

So when will the Open Beta begin? Well the closed beta is already underway and it is going well so far - the feedback has been very positive and thanks to our testers we have resolved a bunch of issues meaning we're getting close to a fully stable version. Once we reach that point we will expand the testing to more of our closed beta testers. This means we are confident we will have an upgrade for you in the near future and we are even more confident that you guys will love DumaOS, but ONLY WHEN IT'S READY!

Thank you for all your support, patience and enthusiasm. And to tie you over, attached is a new screenshot from the UI (left click to expand). This is the 'Dashboard' feature, which allows you to pin your favourite features onto one single screen. This creates one master page from which you can control DumaOS. Have fun speculating what each feature is for!

Thanks,

Iain & The Netduma Team 

attachicon.gifDumaOS Screenshot.png

Thanks for taking your time out of your busy schedule to post this!  I appreciate it as I am so do others!  Looking forward to the new DumaOS!!!

nffcbaz72

nffcbaz72

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationSunny Margate, uk

POPULAR

Thanks,

Iain & The Netduma Team 

Well said. Like i said in another post, people need to chill out, its free, and i'd rather have folk testing and make sure its bug free than for you to release it and every ones Duma gets bricked. Well done guys for testing also.

Standing in the park, I was wondering why a Frisbee gets larger the closer it gets. Then it hit me.

Madman

Madman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Thanks,

Iain & The Netduma Team 

Looks amazing! Thanks for the teaser Iain!

rz4jarrg207r4au4g.jpg

YOUTUBE CHANNEL:Twisted Company

TWITTER: Twist3dCo

kssxs

kssxs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Can't wait until it's out!  Thanks Iain!

Netduma Iain

Netduma Iain

CTO

• Administrators
  • 7,293 posts
  • Local time: 05:31 PM

Thanks for taking your time out of your busy schedule to post this!  I appreciate it as I am so do others!  Looking forward to the new DumaOS!!!

Thank-you, I really can't wait till DumaOS is out in the community. One of its key features is we can evolve it easily so we will have a fast feedback loop with customers and keep improving for the indefinite future :D 

Well said. Like i said in another post, people need to chill out, its free, and i'd rather have folk testing and make sure its bug free than for you to release it and every ones Duma gets bricked. Well done guys for testing also.

Thanks, it's getting more stable each day. Its at the point now that I personally would prefer using it over the R1 but a bit more testing left to do. Being an alpha tester is not for most people! 

Looks amazing! Thanks for the teaser Iain!

Awesome, wait till you see it in motion mate!

Can't wait until it's out!  Thanks Iain!

Thanks, that's really encouraging to hear 

Alex49H

Alex49H

Netduma Cheerleader

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationUSA - Southern California

First of all we realise there has been a lot heated discussion in this thread about when DumaOS should / will be ready. It's great to see so many of you are passionate and excited. For the handful of users who are feeling impatient please be assured we are working as hard and as fast as we can to get a version ready for you. We are very confident you will love the results once the upgrade is available. However, transitioning from a small number of testers to tens of thousands of open beta testers is a huge leap so we are doing everything we can to optimise the OS before we do this.

So when will the Open Beta begin? Well the closed beta is already underway and it is going well so far - the feedback has been very positive and thanks to our testers we have resolved a bunch of issues meaning we're getting close to a fully stable version. Once we reach that point we will expand the testing to more of our closed beta testers. This means we are confident we will have an upgrade for you in the near future and we are even more confident that you guys will love DumaOS, but ONLY WHEN IT'S READY!

Thanks,

Iain & The Netduma Team

DumaOS Screenshot.png

OHHHEMMMGEEE! Looks great and can't wait to test it out! Thanks Iain!
Alex49H

HFKing

HFKing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California
No other company would give to the community as The Netduma Team have. Years ahead of the game. No one is even close to developing or even care about the gaming community experience as this team does. So just saying thank you and appreciate all the hard work.

carmine19

carmine19

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 07:31 PM
  • LocationItalia

Thanks,

Iain & The Netduma Team 

wooooowwwww .... The interface is beautiful XD congratulations

MrPapacherry

MrPapacherry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Okay so Mikrotik has 160 employees.
Ubiquiti (the people who make the EdgeRouter) has 537 employees...

Know how many Netduma has? 1 who can code (correct me if I'm wrong). So quit your whining and bitching because you can't get your update fast enough lol it's ready when it's ready. Nobody promised you a set schedule for updates when you bought the router.

it's pretty evident one is not enough. Simple solution hire more people who can code.

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

argument-jedi-mindshitter

• Moderators
  • 2,994 posts

it's pretty evident one is not enough. Simple solution hire more people who can code.

lol yeah that's not a problem. Cause all companies start with 300 employees
Posted Image

Posted Image

MrPapacherry

MrPapacherry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Lol that comparison to the netduma company and cod was anything far from a good argument.when you buy cod you theoretically have to deal with andhave laid for all the updates to come to the game in the form of patches. You BUY the crappy dlc and yes all cod dlc has been literally trash the last few years. Anyways it's a whole different comparison. There's alot of saltyness on these forums and it's ridiculously toxic. We all want Duma OS to be here tomorrow. I'm not even an original Duma owner since day one, in fact I only since knew about it when bo3 was around. I never knew back when I had cable I could get the netduma and have better games thanks the crappy matchmaking was giving me. But realistically, if your connection is half decent and fairly stable it helps keep those decent games more frequently. If your connection is like mine and it's literally a jittery mess than you can still expect it to help mostly but that's about it. It does what it's been advertised to do.

perhaps you're missing the point so let me clarify. Both are bought and paid for with expectations of getting an as advertised product. Whether it be free updates, DLC or anything else for that matter. It's just that simple and my only complaint with duma. Comprende?

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

argument-jedi-mindshitter

• Moderators
  • 2,994 posts

perhaps you're missing the point so let me clarify. Both are bought and paid for with expectations of getting an as advertised product. Whether it be free updates, DLC or anything else for that matter. It's just that simple and my only complaint with duma. Comprende?

So your router doesn't currently work as advertised?

Posted Image

Posted Image

MrPapacherry

MrPapacherry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

lol yeah that's not a problem. Cause all companies start with 300 employees

netduma has been around for a minute now. If you don't start by hiring one you won't get ta 2 and definitely not the 300. Putting heads together is a good thing and I'm sure the man wouldn't mind some help.

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,830 posts
  • LocationThe Steel City

Really its that simple? Ive been in business for over 30 years, Im now pretty much retired at 48, All these people offering wonderful solutions to a problem that actually doesn't exist is quite entertaining. 

Carry on.lol 

punishertag.jpg
You can easily gauge someone's level of IQ by how easily they get outraged on the internet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DumaOS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users