DumaOS Announcement: Development Progress & Testing

Netduma Luke

If it's not in the announcement thread then it hasn't been announced.

Well we know one thing for sure is they want the OS to be much faster, to be able to add and remove applications within the router. To generally improve upon already existing features and add some like antispike and antijitter. It's basically taking the router we have and bumping it up to the next level.

Ignore my previous post, hit the wrong button.. anyway...

I thought I had read somewhere that this upgrade will allow the hardware to be properly utilized.  We've only had access to portion of it's full potential so far.

I could be wrong...

• Administrators

Ignore my previous post, hit the wrong button.. anyway...

I thought I had read somewhere that this upgrade will allow the hardware to be properly utilized.  We've only had access to portion of it's full potential so far.

I could be wrong...

I can't really comment on that but it is it will run a lot better 

is there any new rough schedule on when the firmware will be released? or has it been pushed back to an unknown date until further bugs have been ironed out?

Il faudrait penser à nous fournir du contenu de ce qu'il ce passe au niveau de l'avancement .

je suis conscient que ce fimwar prend du temps mais cela fais plus d'un mois que cet bêta dois être mise en circulation .

Nous avons eu 2 scren shot voilà. .

AVER VOUS UNE DATE SUR LA BÊTA OU L'AVANCEMENT.

Parce-que la sa commence a faire vraiment longtemps.

Désoler pour mon franc parler mais je m'inquiète sur la probabilité de duma.os .

Je peux vous assurer que le dumaOS2 sera publié lorsqu'il est prêt. Ne vous inquiétez pas qu'il ne se produise pas. Merci pour votre patience. :).

I can assure you that the dumaOS2 will be released when it is ready No need to worry that it wont happen. Thank you for your patience. :)

Il faudrait penser à nous fournir du contenu de ce qu'il ce passe au niveau de l'avancement .

je suis conscient que ce fimwar prend du temps mais cela fais plus d'un mois que cet bêta dois être mise en circulation .

Nous avons eu 2 scren shot voilà. .

AVER VOUS UNE DATE SUR LA BÊTA OU L'AVANCEMENT.

Parce-que la sa commence a faire vraiment longtemps.

Désoler pour mon franc parler mais je m'inquiète sur la probabilité de duma.os .

Tu as un soucis avec le firmware actuel?

• Administrators

How about using: 

http://forum.netduma.com/forum/21-netduma-fran%C3%A7ais/ ?

Eller är det okej ifall om jag skriver på mitt språk här också.. Var är den Svenska sektionen förresten?

I've got you! Just made it for you :) 

http://forum.netduma.com/forum/83-netduma-swedish/

All I ever read is we have an update in "the near future", just be patient. Again and again. This is an extremely flexible timeframe. That can be August or that can be next year. I believe deadlines aren't existing for Netduma/ Ian at all? Seems to be like its all in the eye of the beholder. I know everybody has its own opinions on this, so please save me the lecture. I am myself a dev and know all about the hard work. I really hope or truly believe the final release will be super polished and totally bug-free kappa (which is not possible at all). If I find any bug I sell this laughable piece of plastic for 5$ cuz the only value is the software. But this software gets not updated and lacks some incremental networking/software features IMHO.

BTW can Netduma stuff shed some light in detail on which criteria's the closed beta testers are chosen and in which impact this will improve the bug hunting/fixing?

This is an extremely flexible timeframe.

I believe deadlines aren't existing for Netduma/ Ian at all?

I am myself a dev.

If I find any bug I sell this laughable piece of plastic for 5$ cuz the only value is the software.

BTW can Netduma stuff shed some light in detail on which criteria's the closed beta testers are chosen and in which impact this will improve the bug hunting/fixing?

Yes it is.

The deadline is 'asap', when ready.

We know, you keep telling us, congratulations.

Ok. It's prohibited to buy/sell stuff in the forums.

That depends on which wave of testing you mean.

But no, not in detail, that decision was made at the top. As stated: various factors, such as location, level of awesomeness, previous experience testing software, etc, if you meant the first wave of testers. They were already selected and it's underway.

Then there are the Coal Mine testers (as it says in the first post), then open beta.

You can test it in the open beta, you won't be part of any of the other waves of testing.

All I ever read is we have an update in "the near future", just be patient. Again and again. This is an extremely flexible timeframe. That can be August or that can be next year. I believe deadlines aren't existing for Netduma/ Ian at all? Seems to be like its all in the eye of the beholder. I know everybody has its own opinions on this, so please save me the lecture. I am myself a dev and know all about the hard work. I really hope or truly believe the final release will be super polished and totally bug-free kappa (which is not possible at all). If I find any bug I sell this laughable piece of plastic for 5$ cuz the only value is the software. But this software gets not updated and lacks some incremental networking/software features IMHO.

The comment I highlighted in bold, is one of the exact reasons, if I was running the show you wouldn't be a early tester of any kind. You have all right to your own opinion, and such. But there's a time, and place, to keep certain things to yourself, and not look like an ass about it. 

I have owned the netduma since damn near the time they started selling it. We all have stuff we're not happy about, but being rude about it, on a public forum isn't proper either. You claim to be a "Dev" yourself, so you should know better then to be like this, because with the way social media is now a days. Just look at the COD community, with the way they openly abuse/threaten dev's over the game not playing exactly the way they want it to. If you want to test things, and help out. You should know acting this way isn't the way to go about it, and I put money on it. If you're a "developer" as you say you are, if I was to make comment's like above, I bet you wouldn't want to give me access to test a new build, you had done with such comments.

Anyways I'm not trying to drive this thread off-topic, so I apologize for doing so with what I had to say. But just like many of you waiting for this newer build, so am I. I enjoy playing video games as much as anyone here. To be honest, and frank, my netduma has been in its box for many of month's now. So I haven't used mine in a while either, and want to test the new firmware ASAP. Yet again.. I'm not gonna be all public about things I don't like, if it bothers you that much. Maybe you should talk about it with the netduma guys privately, and be sensible about it.

The comment I highlighted in bold, is one of the exact reasons, if I was running the show you wouldn't be a early tester of any kind. You have all right to your own opinion, and such. But there's a time, and place, to keep certain things to yourself, and not look like an ass about it. 

I have owned the netduma since damn near the time they started selling it. We all have stuff we're not happy about, but being rude about it, on a public forum isn't proper either. You claim to be a "Dev" yourself, so you should know better then to be like this, because with the way social media is now a days. Just look at the COD community, with the way they openly abuse/threaten dev's over the game not playing exactly the way they want it to. If you want to test things, and help out. You should know acting this way isn't the way to go about it, and I put money on it. If you're a "developer" as you say you are, if I was to make comment's like above, I bet you wouldn't want to give me access to test a new build, you had done with such comments.

Anyways I'm not trying to drive this thread off-topic, so I apologize for doing so with what I had to say. But just like many of you waiting for this newer build, so am I. I enjoy playing video games as much as anyone here. To be honest, and frank, my netduma has been in its box for many of month's now. So I haven't used mine in a while either, and want to test the new firmware ASAP. Yet again.. I'm not gonna be all public about things I don't like, if it bothers you that much. Maybe you should talk about it with the netduma guys privately, and be sensible about it.

What router are you presently using?

What router are you presently using?

I have just been using my main Netgear R9000 for a while now. does nothing to help with P2P type games, but with the way most games are setup for multiplayer, unless it's "True" P2P for multiplayer, even the netduma is limited in what it can do. As it can only control the dedicated server you connect to on games like COD. With that, you can still be playing Jim, and his cousin from 1,000 miles away. Ultimately it's up to the dev's doing the networking part of the game to keep people from connecting to dedicate servers that are 500+ miles away from them. Because you add there distance to the server, then the lag comp they use with COD, the person who's closer to the server is at a disadvantage due to it.

I haven't personally played much COD this year, I have played more Titanfall 2 on PS4. Really a lot like the newer COD's in sense of movement, and such. But to me the game feels even smoother, and hit detection is better for me compared to COD. Playing Titanfall 2, then going back to play COD:IW. Titanfall made IW feel sluggish, and even downright slow at times, with poor hit detection. I have played COD online since COD4, and I will honestly say Titanfall 2 is a better shooter then IW is by far this year.

Nothing yet, when we have more info we'll be sure to let you know!

I like how you say when "we" have more info lol isn't "we" the netduma team, therefore information should theoretically be available. Just saying lol. Kind of a generic response.

I like how you say when "we" have more info lol isn't "we" the netduma team, therefore information should theoretically be available. Just saying lol. Kind of a generic response.

"nothing yet, when we have more information (to release publicly) we'll be sure to let you know"