DumaOS Announcement: Development Progress & Testing

Netduma Luke

If you guys need help testing it out be sure to approach me.I've got a fairly decent connection and am located in Portugal.

Me 2 , specific in the very south Algarve

Instead of getting your panties in a twist why not go back to your thread where you were having an issue and continue to try to get help.

The OS2 is going to be released when it is fit for purpose and not before.

I am sure if it was released early with bugs there would be a host of people bitching and moaning about it and I am 100% certain that it would be the people complained about its delayed release.

It's not like you have paid for the upgrade it's free when it's ready.

So, let's start again, you have had a 1-1 and it did not solve your particular issue.

Remind us of the problem.

What features exactly have been promised and not implemented?

Please start a thread in the general support forum or at least point us in the direction of your original problem.

It would also be from those who just bought the router same day update went out who have never been here before or from those who just say relax and wait. You're the 1st mod i've seen on here insult community members.

the last news i heard after reading 10 pages on this thread topic, its still in a beta stage.

Yeah I don't think we are going to see it anytime soon. boo!

feels like it, i think the hype train is just a little to long, but i have a suggestion wouldnt it be a great idea to introduce a netduma pass just like plex pass, we pay subscription for beta access, that money can then fund for more development.

feels like it, i think the hype train is just a little to long, but i have a suggestion wouldnt it be a great idea to introduce a netduma pass just like plex pass, we pay subscription for beta access, that money can then fund for more development.

That sounds like an awesome idea, I would pay for that.

That sounds like an awesome idea, I would pay for that.

I don't think money is the cause of the delay.  We may need to be saving our money for a more up to date and powerful router.....

Well I see the paying for early access as a way of showing gratitude. They work hard and should be rewarded.

We all work hard and I get rewarded with my Bi-weekly paycheck.  Well at least I do. 

Whilst I see the theory, what do you think would happen if people paid for beta access and the beta software went all fubar and bricked the router?

im not the developer bagsta, and not an issue i would look at as a user 

but lets say i was, first i would be pleased that people are hyped up for duma os, that shows to me that, what has already done has been appreciated. also if i was to implement duma pass, then i would need one hell of team and user base to request things, that then can be put into a beta, if possible, my idea is that it will drive innovation and help clear up bugs. this 10 page thread and with countless asks in the chat (Demand), people want beta/early access. beta/early access will come with many conditions as with any beta it will probably not work as intended, but that is what beta is for.

I would pay a small fee, just to say i had it first.

There is demand for beta/early access. duma should rake in some cash from it.

just a thought really that i pinched from plex

im not the developer bagsta, and not an issue i would look at as a user 

but lets say i was, first i would be pleased that people are hyped up for duma os, that shows to me that, what has already done has been appreciated. also if i was to implement duma pass, then i would need one hell of team and user base to request things, that then can be put into a beta, if possible, my idea is that it will drive innovation and help clear up bugs. this 10 page thread and with countless asks in the chat (Demand), people want beta/early access. beta/early access will come with many conditions as with any beta it will probably not work as intended, but that is what beta is for.

I would pay a small fee, just to say i had it first.

There is demand for beta/early access. duma should rake in some cash from it.

just a thought really that i pinched from plex

I totally get what you are saying and you understand what a beta is all about, however there would be a lot of people who would apply for that and not read the small print then proper throw the rattle out of the pram if things didn't work. 

You only have to read some of the posts that say that the r1 is a gimmick, sham, doesn't do what it says etc and then follow them to conclusion. It is user error nearly every time. That or people misunderstanding what it does. 

Hopefully it won't be long now till we can get our hands on it :)