DumaOS Announcement: Development Progress & Testing

Netduma Luke

I'm down for waiting until this new OS is done right. Please take as long as you need. Something Activision should fucking do instead of releasing these unfinished shit Cod's they have been pumping out. Sorry I'm just still pissed about spending $99 for IW at launch, for a season pass that I wont ever download. rant over!! HAHA

me too!  i hate that POS game!  I would FIRE VERY ONE OF THEM FROM INFINITY WARD.  Not even the R1 can save us

Wait so this isn't gonna be open beta next month? Are you for real?! I thought that the whole closed select few beta was this month what have you guys been doing then. I thought that the previous timeline stated something different. I was looking forward to February for antispike and antijitter.... And I know I'm not the only one who really needs this....I'm sorry but I'm heavily disappointed now.

Although i wish it was out now but i would much rather have them fully test it out b4 releasing it. I think we all will be much happier with it being delayed a little and having group of qualified beta testers use it first

Will the new OS allow the DUMA to reach higher speeds?

With the Duma in the DMZ of my router I can reach 100 down 40 up
With the router in Bridge mode I can only reach 60 down and 40 up (This was the recommended optimal setting)
I know ping is king, but I am having some band width issues with multiple users on the network.

Wils are you testing this with turbo mode on? When nobody else is using your network while being wired to your netduma. That's the only way you could actually tell your real speeds. Otherwise if people are using it or your wired you take the chance of not knowing your actual speed. Plus when you use the sliders back it will cut into your speed as well. You may not need to go the full 70/70 that's just the most stable numbers that the netduma team found to be with testing. I only do 97/97 now and tbh it feels the same as 70/70 but I also have much slower speeds so maybe that's why.

Wils are you testing this with turbo mode on? When nobody else is using your network while being wired to your netduma. That's the only way you could actually tell your real speeds. Otherwise if people are using it or your wired you take the chance of not knowing your actual speed. Plus when you use the sliders back it will cut into your speed as well. You may not need to go the full 70/70 that's just the most stable numbers that the netduma team found to be with testing. I only do 97/97 now and tbh it feels the same as 70/70 but I also have much slower speeds so maybe that's why.

Always hardwired and I am living alone.  No other devices on the network.

Turbo mode on with 100 / 100 congestion control. Reactive Algorithm = 66 Down 38 Up

Turbo mode off with 100 / 100 congestion control. Reactive Algorithm = 66 Down 38 Up (No difference between Turbo on or off)

I have read all the guides on max speed and this is the best the Duma has done for me with out using my ISP provided router then I have 96 down 39 up.

Was just curious if the slow down was in the hardware or the software.

Was just curious if the slow down was in the hardware or the software.

It's not the hardware/software in the Netduma, I've had 152/12 through mine.

It'll be your hub or your settings.

Create a thread and someone can have a look for you.

edit - as Fraser already said before I read to the end...

• Netduma Staff

Can I test OS

We'll be announcing our open beta soon enough, so keep your eyes on Twitter :)

Would love to be part of the testing group. I'm from Singapore and absolutely loved using the DUMA! :)

Great to hear you're enjoying it :) open beta should be soon!

Waiting patiently. This will be epic!!!

It sure will.

Hey Fraser, I am in south Florida Miami united states, could I have the new firmware update, I am an original owner, early adopter.

If you mean update v 1.03.6 then please post here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/

However if you mean DumaOS, we'll be announcing the open beta soon, so stay tuned.

• Administrators

will the DumaOS let me keep my "early adopter" interface signature? ;)

I sure hope so. Actually there should be a special skin just for early adopters.

Don't think we've thought about that just yet but will add it to the ideas list, I'm sure there will be something like that :)

• Mid February - Open beta: a public beta which you can all apply to be a part of. This version will have all the major new features ready for testing (including anti-jitter, anti-spike and much much more that we can't reveal yet!    

IS ALMOST HEREE