Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DumaOS Announcement: Development Progress & Testing

DumaOS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
563 replies to this topic

Netduma Luke

Netduma Luke

CEO

• Administrators
  • 618 posts
  • Local time: 05:08 AM
  • LocationNetduma HQ

POPULAR

Hi everyone,

Luke here with an update on DumaOS. Iain would usually be the one to post this but he is travelling at the moment and he was adamant we shared this with you before the end of the week. 

You can read the update on our site here:

https://netduma.com/...ogress-testing/

And here is a copy and paste below:

Development Progress

We are pleased to announce that the development of DumaOS, our new router operating system, is progressing very well and testing is underway. As a reminder, DumaOS will be available for free to all our users, and it consists of:

• An entirely new OS for your NETDUMA – Unlocking the full potential of your router for the first time in history
  • Completely redesigned interface – Highest level of performance and yet easy to use
  • Even better QoS – You already have the best QoS but now it’s even more powerful, squeezing every last drop of performance with patent pending anti-jitter & anti-spike technology
  • Existing features upgraded – We’ve improved all the functionality you know and love

Further, DumaOS is so fluid and flexible that once launched, we will be able to roll out new features and upgrades at a speed never seen on routers before. We are so excited about the potential of this software and the amazing features we will be creating for our users.

Testing

We are currently approaching users on our community forum to invite them to become testers. The users we approach are based on many factors, including locale and experience with testing. If you are not approached please do not be offended – by its very nature testing means using software that is not yet fully stable so we are deliberately limiting the number of testers.

Shortly after this phase we will extend the testing to the ‘Coal Mine’, our long-standing community of beta testers. We then expect to launch an Open Beta in March, which will allow any Netduma user who wishes to become a tester to take part.

Finally, we have started a mailing list for updates on DumaOS development. If you would like to receive these updates, please enter your email address here

Victor-Yout

Victor-Yout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Local time: 06:08 AM
  • LocationCologne, Germany

<3

DumaOS Beta Testing

DumaOS Beta Testing

• Administrators
  • 1 posts

Hey guys, new user here. Looking forward to DumaOS! 

:ph34r:

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,396 posts
  • Local time: 12:08 AM
  • LocationUS - Michigan

POPULAR

Great news and good to see you still lurking around Luke,hope all is well with you... :D

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

MrBrutalFrosty

MrBrutalFrosty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Local time: 02:08 PM

Duma Os Will be amazing! 

RiotControll

RiotControll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Great news! Wish to test the new OS because of my Ping spiking VDSL connection.

Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: I think you oughta get yourself an M-16. 

Sergeant Major Basil Plumley: Sir, if the time comes I need one, there'll be plenty lying on the ground.

titofuenla

titofuenla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMadrid( Spain)
Joooo had seen the link and I was thinking that we could download something !! Well even so good news, although I at least stay with even more desire that we can use it and lol.

Regards and thanks for the team work !!

6232668862.png

Netduma Luke

Netduma Luke

CEO

• Administrators
  • 618 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

Great news and good to see you still lurking around Luke,hope all is well with you... :D

Cheers Fuzzy - hope you're well too and still smashing it in the gym.

Hey guys, new user here. Looking forward to DumaOS! 

:ph34r:

Who's this guy?

abc123

abc123

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,762 posts

awesome work guys!

luke grats on the marriage, unless it is over already then congrats on being single again!

It's as easy as abc123

Note: Although I am a moderator, Netduma is not responsible for my written words. In no way is a statement by abc123 a direct statement from Netduma.

wrathoftank

wrathoftank

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

If you guys want a test from the middle of America, I'd be happy to do it (Missouri).

The Netduma Reaction

CZgKPUuVIAAxW2X.png

PharmDawgg

PharmDawgg

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,602 posts
  • LocationGA-USA
Great to hear that DumaOS is coming along quite nicely. I'm am totally stoked for this firmware update. I hope when DumaOS is released this damn wall of ours doesn't block my downloading or I'm gonna be pissed. 😊

abc123

abc123

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,762 posts

Great to hear that DumaOS is coming along quite nicely. I'm am totally stoked for this firmware update. I hope when DumaOS is released this damn wall of ours doesn't block my downloading or I'm gonna be pissed.

there isn't any internet in mexico you'll be fine...LAWLS!

It's as easy as abc123

Note: Although I am a moderator, Netduma is not responsible for my written words. In no way is a statement by abc123 a direct statement from Netduma.

Netduma Luke

Netduma Luke

CEO

• Administrators
  • 618 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

awesome work guys!

luke grats on the marriage, unless it is over already then congrats on being single again!

Haha, well she hasn't left me yet so thanks!

Great to hear that DumaOS is coming along quite nicely. I'm am totally stoked for this firmware update. I hope when DumaOS is released this damn wall of ours doesn't block my downloading or I'm gonna be pissed.

If needs be get Fuzzy to knock it down

giphy.gif

Albo2001

Albo2001

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

If you wanna , i m ready in Italy.. :)

BaloMatias

BaloMatias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Portugal here

KindaBusted

KindaBusted

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Local time: 10:08 PM
  • LocationColorado

Awesome news!

I'm not sure where to ask so I'll do it here.

How can I apply for the beta updates?

I know it's going to be very limited, however I have no issue with beta testing.

I'm home all day an as i'm sure ya'll are aware of I have lots of Duma videos on my Youtube.

I love testing stuff and messing around.

No fuss about an NDA as well I would just love to test and give feedback :)

Ether way I can't wait to mess with Duma OS!

Zennon

Zennon

Forum Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,868 posts
  • LocationUK

This is great news, good to see you on here Luke it has been too long :)

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 1,946 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

3961481.jpg

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

MrRelentlessUK

MrRelentlessUK

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUK, Derbyshire

Hi everyone,

Luke here with an update on DumaOS. Iain would usually be the one to post this but he is travelling at the moment and he was adamant we shared this with you before the end of the week. 

You can read the update on our site here:

https://netduma.com/...ogress-testing/

And here is a copy and paste below:

Good to see you back on the forum Luke, Can't wait for launch :) anti jitter & anti spike i need in my life :D Keep up the great work!  

bbursley

bbursley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Wait so this isn't gonna be open beta next month? Are you for real?! I thought that the whole closed select few beta was this month what have you guys been doing then. I thought that the previous timeline stated something different. I was looking forward to February for antispike and antijitter.... And I know I'm not the only one who really needs this....I'm sorry but I'm heavily disappointed now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users