Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Seeing packet loss using PingPlotter?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Zennon

Zennon

Forum Legend

• Administrators
  • 6,407 posts
  • Local time: 08:27 PM
  • LocationUK

POPULAR

If you are seeing packet loss using PingPlotter i think there maybe a bug with certain two router set up's.

On a windows machine.

Start > run > type cmd > type ....

ping bbc.co.uk -n 25

or

ping twitter.com -n 25

or

ping twitter.co.uk -n 25

-n 25 will ping the server 25 times

Depending on where in the world you live you would pick a .co.uk or a .com URL or I.P

For Apple users

1. Open Network Utility (located inside Applications > Utilities).
  2. Click Ping.

Then do the above without the -n 25 and enter 25 into the "send only _ pings" instead.

If you see 0 loss then its a PingPlotter bug.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,306 posts

Great post Zennon, thanks!

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,714 posts
  • Local time: 03:27 PM
  • LocationUS - Michigan

Very cool Yoda and thanks for putting us Mac users in there too... ;)

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

TG3NOC1D3

TG3NOC1D3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Local time: 03:27 PM

Thank you so much for this, I was seriously going crazy using ping plotter and seeing 50-85% packet loss between the netduma and my at&t modem. 

Zennon

Zennon

Forum Legend

• Administrators
  • 6,407 posts
  • LocationUK

Thank you so much for this, I was seriously going crazy using ping plotter and seeing 50-85% packet loss between the netduma and my at&t modem. 

Panic over :)

DannyLitAF

DannyLitAF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 10:27 AM

If you're having trouble with packet loss on ping plotter it's because the duma uses a packet prioritization that drops packets instead of buffering them to reduce bufferbloat (excess ping) It's perfectly normal, no need to freak out :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users