wierd low upload bandwidth problem on Elgato stream.

bagsta69

OK, So with my R1 I have it set to 25 down and 5 up in the CC settings share excess ticked for both.

Speed tests on several different systems and websites say I am getting about what I have inputted.

I can record footage fine but when it comes to trying to stream any gameplay I stumble at the first hurdle. I am only getting 0.9mb upload bandwidth which is causing major issues.

Nobody else online, phones and tvs etc not connected.

This is with Youtube, Twitch and PS4 broadcast, they all show the same problems.

Anybody any idea what could be causing my upload to suddenly throttle itself like this?

I upload 22MB picture files to news servers in seconds so I know it is something to do with my Elgato set up I am guessing.

My PC has dual core processors and 8GB of ram so thats not the issue.

I have tried all the different settings standard and HD but the stumbling block is the 0.9mb bandwidth.

Ive tried everything I know and am now stuck!!!.

Cheers in advance.

Oh and I have tried all the different usb ports as well.

I have a similar problem in that when connected wirelessly to my NetDuma R1, my download speed is slightly reduced to 28Mbs, but my upload speed is only 0.12Mbs when it should be 2Mbs. If I run the speed test directly connected wirelessly to the ISP router then everything is as specified, 32Mbs / 2Mbs respectively. Its just me and my laptop on the network and haven't got anything restricting my usage, its as out of the box. I shall be interested in what solution bagsta69 finds to resolve his problem in the hope it may fix mine?
Fixed: Thanks to the on-line help I found the fix to my problem in the Congestion Control > Set Bandwidth and the Pre-Emptive algorithim. Once these were amended then everything worked fine and the Ookla speed test reported full speeds in both directions.
I really must learn to read the manuals !!

In my case I have just discovered I am being a dumbass. under live streaming options there is a big dial which I can move to give it more bandwidth. I am such a moron at times. lol

Talk about not seeing the wood for the trees.

Archived