Violent ping swings in IW

After the latest update (1.07) I have noticed some serious ping variations.  I'm in south central IL (30 miles from St. Louis) on PS4.  GF=600 miles, PA=40 CC=70 wired connection, 100mb down 5 up. Been noticing that my ping is normally 30-50ms sometimes 80.  Will randomly go to servers 5-8000 miles away (after I am in a lobby w/good ping) and ping will got to 150-300ms.  I contacted Activision help, and well they were no help.  Anyone else having the same problems?  I don't think it a Netduma problem at all, but I guess I could be wrong.  Any ideas?  Or anything I can do?

Have you got 'Strict' checked?

Can you post up a screenshot of these servers it's connecting to from the geo filter map?

And the server ID part below the map (when you ping the server).

• Netduma Staff

After the latest update (1.07) I have noticed some serious ping variations.  I'm in south central IL (30 miles from St. Louis) on PS4.  GF=600 miles, PA=40 CC=70 wired connection, 100mb down 5 up. Been noticing that my ping is normally 30-50ms sometimes 80.  Will randomly go to servers 5-8000 miles away (after I am in a lobby w/good ping) and ping will got to 150-300ms.  I contacted Activision help, and well they were no help.  Anyone else having the same problems?  I don't think it a Netduma problem at all, but I guess I could be wrong.  Any ideas?  Or anything I can do?

Hey, welcome to the forum! Just wanted to check in and see how you're getting on. It'd be great if you could provide the information ColonicBoom asked for and set your Geofilter to what Fraser suggested. Let us know if you need any help :)

Archived