i just switched over to virgin vivd gamer but reading this forum looks like i have made a big mistake please advise

okay so i have been with sky for long time not really had a issue but we wanted to get higher speeds so we switched to virgin vivid gamer today 200dwn 20 up. i came on the forum to read setups to get ready for when it goes live but all i have read is how bad virgin is for gaming and jitter issues etc. my question is doe they still have jitter issues and is anyone have the vivid gamer how is your experiance , also does the issues virgin has all around or is it dependent on things like how far i am from the cabinant like is it dependeant from area to area  etc please advise how do i iknow if i will have the same issues or maybe have a good experience ?

As someone on the same package, i've not had a single problem with speeds and consistency however, on any other packages (had the old 200mb package) IT WAS EXTREMELY POOR. High utilisation in my area lasted for a year, this meant i had poor ping and speeds. Imagine in game, 4 to 1 bar constantly, called rubber banding. So far so good though, only issue would be the nat type, and the superhub 3. Can't open it for the life of me.

okay so i have been with sky for long time not really had a issue but we wanted to get higher speeds so we switched to virgin vivid gamer today 200dwn 20 up. i came on the forum to read setups to get ready for when it goes live but all i have read is how bad virgin is for gaming and jitter issues etc. my question is doe they still have jitter issues and is anyone have the vivid gamer how is your experiance , also does the issues virgin has all around or is it dependent on things like how far i am from the cabinant like is it dependeant from area to area  etc please advise how do i iknow if i will have the same issues or maybe have a good experience ?

It probably depends where you are and how congested it is near you. As Dreeall says, he has no problems.

It was horrible for me though, I had 150/10 (something like that) and it was unplayable because of the stuttering, rubber-banding, teleporting, disconnections, etc.

If it's a terrible line then you'll know as soon as you play games (or try to play games).

If you suspect, from playing, that it's not great then you'll know for certain when you test your line.

If it feels fine when you play then don't worry about it and just play.

only issue would be the nat type, and the superhub 3. Can't open it for the life of me.

If you put the Duma in the DMZ of the superhub you should get an open NAT.

If you still do then you can manually forward the ports and it will be open, I had Virgin superhub 2 and 3 and could get an open NAT.

Although sometimes it would still go 'moderate', a quick Xbox rebooted opened it up again.

That's definitely a superhub issue because it happened before I even had the Netduma, when the Xbox was in the DMZ of the superhub.

As someone on the same package, i've not had a single problem with speeds and consistency however, on any other packages (had the old 200mb package) IT WAS EXTREMELY POOR. High utilisation in my area lasted for a year, this meant i had poor ping and speeds. Imagine in game, 4 to 1 bar constantly, called rubber banding. So far so good though, only issue would be the nat type, and the superhub 3. Can't open it for the life of me.

Thanks that sound more reassuring now.

Can u conect modem to netfuma or will i have to use the router virgin give ?

• Netduma Staff

Thanks that sound more reassuring now.

Can u conect modem to netfuma or will i have to use the router virgin give ?

Hey, just wanted to check in and see how you're getting on?

Archived