Sky vs BT

Dark Satellite

Hi,

I get good pings on my BT Infinity 1 broadband, but I would get a nicer deal if I were to move to Sky (I have Sky TV already).

Just wondered if anyone here has made the switch BT to Sky (or vice versa), and what happened to your ping, went up, down, stayed the same etc?

I realise Sky uses the BT infer structure but wondered if anyone saw a difference one way or the other.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I have gone from sky to bt to sky again lol, sky gives me a slightly lower ping but in the evening where i live when i was with bt my speeds would drop from 75mb to between 10 and 15, every night from about 5pm till midnight, when this happened my internet was absolute garbage for gaming and streaming, not sure if it was an overloaded exchange or heavy traffic management, but for me sky is much better, speeds never drop and a better ping :)

I have BT and I changed from Virgin. I think the main answer to this question will be how close is the server/cabinets etc to where you live.

The distance, cable v fibre will all impact on what sort of speeds/ping etc . Everyone will have differing experiences.

I mainly changed through a cost issue, but the BT is more stable compared to Virgin, although the base Ping is higher

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I get good pings on my BT Infinity 1 broadband, but I would get a nicer deal if I were to move to Sky (I have Sky TV already).

Just wondered if anyone here has made the switch BT to Sky (or vice versa), and what happened to your ping, went up, down, stayed the same etc?

I realise Sky uses the BT infer structure but wondered if anyone saw a difference one way or the other.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Thanks everyone.

Just an update, as said I always had excellent pings with BT Infinity, however I did switch over to Sky and can report slightly better pings, also an extra 5mb down & an extra 2mb up.