Optimal Destiny Settings?

Lately I get better games not using the Duma for Destiny.  

When I play with it enabled and GEO set to 1600 Km, peer ping is showing the lobby with connections from 20-60 ms but I have no damage registration, enemy players actions / damage registering all at once...  I am currently very frustrated :(

I cant seem to find any optimal consistent recommenced set ups and nothing I am tinkering with has seen any improvements

Help appreciated 

What other router are you using besides the R1? The reason i ask is cuz I've been doing some testing with the netduma vs my asus RT-AC66R.

My son plays destiny pvp a lot, and trials is his favorite play list

At first I thought the R1 was worse but lately I'm leaning towards the R1 as being better. However I'm still testing it out.

The settings i use and with these settings he has still been able to go flawless with out being carried. BTW he is pretty good at ToO.

Settings :

Geo filter: enabled. Radius, 3800km, basically anyone located in the USA he can connect to, we are in AZ.

Hyper traffic set up for XB1.

Priorsation equal , share excess ticked

90/90 on anti flood really what ever gives me the best buffer bloat grade which is 90/90.

Ipv6 enabled on wan and lan.

Misc settings, only thing ticked is, cookies, stealth mode, local Ipv6.

Auto MTU.

What DNS servers are you using? I use my isp ones since they are the fastest per name bench and grc dns server test.

Well it sounds like you're actually getting quite a decent connection. Do you have congestion control set up optimally, i.e. 70/70 anti-flood & console in hyper traffic?

Hey Fraiser

Congestion control was set at 90/90 (After testing this seemed to be optimal for me).  But I have changed this to 70/70 as per your post to check if there is an improvement. 

The console is in hyper traffic.

What other router are you using besides the R1? The reason i ask is cuz I've been doing some testing with the netduma vs my asus RT-AC66R.

My son plays destiny pvp a lot, and trials is his favorite play list

At first I thought the R1 was worse but lately I'm leaning towards the R1 as being better. However I'm still testing it out.

The settings i use and with these settings he has still been able to go flawless with out being carried. BTW he is pretty good at ToO.

Settings :

Geo filter: enabled. Radius, 3800km, basically anyone located in the USA he can connect to, we are in AZ.

Hyper traffic set up for XB1.

Priorsation equal , share excess ticked

90/90 on anti flood really what ever gives me the best buffer bloat grade which is 90/90.

Ipv6 enabled on wan and lan.

Misc settings, only thing ticked is, cookies, stealth mode, local Ipv6.

Auto MTU.

What DNS servers are you using? I use my isp ones since they are the fastest per name bench and grc dns server test.

1 - Router my ISP provided: Technicolor MediaAccess TGiiNet-1

2 - I also like trials closing in on 200 flawless matches

3 - I tried PPPoE with the Duma but was only able to get 60% of my max speed so now I have the duma attached to the ISP router.

Settings:

4 - GEO 1600 Km so I only connect to the east coast of Australia 

5 - My console in hypertraffic

6 - I have the same as you

7 - I had the same as you 90/90 (Tho just changed to 70/70 as per Fraisers recommendation)

8 - I have IPv6 disabled.  Due to a recommendation on reaching peak speeds with the Duma

Misc Settings:

Allow Auto Feedback

Allow Remote Access

Multicast Snooping (No idea what this is was on my default)

Turbo Mode (Was needed to reach my peak DL speeds (100/40))

Auto Could - Off (As per recent post by Chive972)

Bleeding Edge Cloud - Off (As per recent post by Chive972)

Whitelist - 30 (As per recent post by Chive972)

Game Server - 28 (As per recent post by Chive972)

Map - 28 (As per recent post by Chive972)

9 - I have the same as you Auto MTU

10 - Default ISP DNS (These were the fastest ones when I ran a DNS benchmark and are local)  I have experimented with google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but noticed no difference.

• Administrators

Hey Fraiser

Congestion control was set at 90/90 (After testing this seemed to be optimal for me).  But I have changed this to 70/70 as per your post to check if there is an improvement. 

Do let us know how you get on! It may be the case that 90/90 works best for you as everyones connections are different. As per the settings above they look correct.

• Netduma Staff

Hey Fraiser

Hey, just wanted to check in and see if your experience has improved? Technically speaking, with a ping of between 20ms and 60ms, it looks like the Netduma is doing its job. Ping correlates directly with the experience you'll have in the game, so you should be having better gameplay with the Netduma. Let us know if changing your settings did the trick.

Hey, just wanted to check in and see if your experience has improved? Technically speaking, with a ping of between 20ms and 60ms, it looks like the Netduma is doing its job. Ping correlates directly with the experience you'll have in the game, so you should be having better gameplay with the Netduma. Let us know if changing your settings did the trick.

Do let us know how you get on! It may be the case that 90/90 works best for you as everyones connections are different. As per the settings above they look correct.

Hey gents thank you for your prompt attention.  I have clocked approx 12 hours of testing / playing today and have noted the following:

The GEO filter is certainly helping, with out a doubt while playing Destiny. (I am actually thinking changing the cloud to 30, 28, 28 may have helped as before I only had the boxs ticked)

Hit registration is still hit and miss but I think that is all that can be expected with the P2P infrastructure of Destiny.  Fingers crossed for some real servers with Destiny 2.

Ping and jitter tests via http://www.pingtest.net/all over Australia pinged from 5ms to 55ms with one spike to 75ms in Sydney.  Jitter was 1ms with one spike to 3ms again in Sydney

Today was a lighter network traffic day, but noticed no buffering on Netflix etc while gaming or downloading at the 70/70 setting.  (Jitter tests were the same at 70/70 and 90/90)

So all in all my internet connection is really good. The Duma is doing its job amazingly.  but unfortunately Destiny is being Destiny :(

• Netduma Staff

Hey gents thank you for your prompt attention.  I have clocked approx 12 hours of testing / playing today and have noted the following:

The GEO filter is certainly helping, with out a doubt while playing Destiny. (I am actually thinking changing the cloud to 30, 28, 28 may have helped as before I only had the boxs ticked)

Hit registration is still hit and miss but I think that is all that can be expected with the P2P infrastructure of Destiny.  Fingers crossed for some real servers with Destiny 2.

Ping and jitter tests via http://www.pingtest.net/all over Australia pinged from 5ms to 55ms with one spike to 75ms in Sydney.  Jitter was 1ms with one spike to 3ms again in Sydney

Today was a lighter network traffic day, but noticed no buffering on Netflix etc while gaming or downloading at the 70/70 setting.  (Jitter tests were the same at 70/70 and 90/90)

So all in all my internet connection is really good. The Duma is doing its job amazingly.  but unfortunately Destiny is being Destiny :(

Hey, that's great to hear - it does sound like it's doing its job. P2P can be problematic; though the feedback Bungie have been asking for regarding the Crucible hopefully indicates that they'll set up some dedicated servers for Destiny 2 PVP. Thanks for letting us know, feel free to make another thread if you encounter any problems. :)

1 - Router my ISP provided: Technicolor MediaAccess TGiiNet-1

2 - I also like trials closing in on 200 flawless matches

3 - I tried PPPoE with the Duma but was only able to get 60% of my max speed so now I have the duma attached to the ISP router.

Settings:

4 - GEO 1600 Km so I only connect to the east coast of Australia 

5 - My console in hypertraffic

6 - I have the same as you

7 - I had the same as you 90/90 (Tho just changed to 70/70 as per Fraisers recommendation)

8 - I have IPv6 disabled.  Due to a recommendation on reaching peak speeds with the Duma

Misc Settings:

Allow Auto Feedback

Allow Remote Access

Multicast Snooping (No idea what this is was on my default)

Turbo Mode (Was needed to reach my peak DL speeds (100/40))

Auto Could - Off (As per recent post by Chive972)

Bleeding Edge Cloud - Off (As per recent post by Chive972)

Whitelist - 30 (As per recent post by Chive972)

Game Server - 28 (As per recent post by Chive972)

Map - 28 (As per recent post by Chive972)

9 - I have the same as you Auto MTU

10 - Default ISP DNS (These were the fastest ones when I ran a DNS benchmark and are local)  I have experimented with google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but noticed no difference.

I am in Brisbane and have the same settings as you, I find with geo filtering on I often get booted from trials. I have bigpond cable 100/2.5 (fastest upload i can get here) 

I am in Brisbane and have the same settings as you, I find with geo filtering on I often get booted from trials. I have bigpond cable 100/2.5 (fastest upload i can get here) 

When I first got the Duma I had a similar issue, make sure Strict Mode is not selected on the GEO filter page would be the first thing to check....

• Administrators

You're getting booted with strict mode off and those cloud settings? If so please provide me the IDs of anything that appears to be blocked on the map.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Can Any one walk me threw this cause i keep getting beaver> if any one has ps4 my psn is Jedi4ya fill free to add me

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Seems like a few people are experiencing this so I will be testing the game again to resolve it.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Seems like a few people are experiencing this so I will be testing the game again to resolve it.

Hi Fraser,

I too have been having issues with Destiny. Not disconnects, but I'm constantly high ping (red bar) and having trouble resolving connections with other players.  Other players can't see my emblem and just some really poor performance (hit detection, lag, etc).  I'm currently running the settings that Chive has posted (http://forum.netduma.com/topic/20726-the-best-settings-imo-for-the-10306-firmware/?do=findComment&comment=145385).  However, I saw you mention a cloud update.  Per Chive's settings I have auto-cloud and bleeding edge cloud disabled.  Would your updates push through to the Whitelist/Game Server/Map Chive has listed?

I have also checked my internet with ping plotter and am reporting 0 packet loss and stable ping to google.com and bungie.net.  All speeds look good.  Nothing of note.  Rebooted everything twice.

Part of me believes this is on bungie's end.  Things have been rough for the last 6 months.  With the uptick of players due to the recent update I figured it'd be a bit better, however it's only gotten worse...with this weekend being atrocious and my red-bar prominent.  I'm usually always full green unless the whole lobby is dragged down. Now I'm the only red-bar in lobbies of full green.  I might hop over to my netgear router to test if it is my R1, I just don't want to spend hours tinkering with my network setup.

Edit: I should say I'm testing on a new day..with resetting everything and seeing how it goes.

Hi Fraser,

I too have been having issues with Destiny. Not disconnects, but I'm constantly high ping (red bar) and having trouble resolving connections with other players. Other players can't see my emblem and just some really poor performance (hit detection, lag, etc). I'm currently running the settings that Chive has posted (http://forum.netduma.com/topic/20726-the-best-settings-imo-for-the-10306-firmware/?do=findComment&comment=145385). However, I saw you mention a cloud update. Per Chive's settings I have auto-cloud and bleeding edge cloud disabled. Would your updates push through to the Whitelist/Game Server/Map Chive has listed?

I have also checked my internet with ping plotter and am reporting 0 packet loss and stable ping to google.com and bungie.net. All speeds look good. Nothing of note. Rebooted everything twice.

Part of me believes this is on bungie's end. Things have been rough for the last 6 months. With the uptick of players due to the recent update I figured it'd be a bit better, however it's only gotten worse...with this weekend being atrocious and my red-bar prominent. I'm usually always full green unless the whole lobby is dragged down. Now I'm the only red-bar in lobbies of full green. I might hop over to my netgear router to test if it is my R1, I just don't want to spend hours tinkering with my network setup.

Edit: I should say I'm testing on a new day..with resetting everything and seeing how it goes.

As you said, Fraser can't help on that part.

It's an issue with the recent update but 30,28,28 parameters are good for the moment.