IW settings, want really good hit detection any setting will help

Jettman

Everyone has a different network and setup, I've been changing mine a lot lately trying different settings as I have a new modem that has fixed (hallelujah) my unreasonably high ping.

I'm currently using 85/85 pre-emptive when nobody else is at home OR I'm using 75/75 reactive if people are here and hammering my internet.

But I'll probably try different settings again tomorrow and the next day. You've got to try settings until you find what works best for you.

My experience with IW (now that I'm used to it) is that the hit detection is actually very crisp and responsive. I only really have problems when someone in the lobby has a wildly fluctuating ping (like they're playing over wifi).

Or if they're just better than me of course.

A lot of people don't seem to be aware that the aim assist is minimal compared to BO3 so you have to work much harder to exploit it.

After a little time playing IW, you realise how much BO3 gifted us kills with homing-bullets for just aiming in the general direction of an enemy.

hey guys im just looking for the best settings to get the best hit rego and the best for iw

As Boom said above everyone has a different home network and everyone settings will be different.It might take some time on your part but start with 70/70 and tweak from there to find your sweet spot.

And the hit detection IMO does remind me of ghosts as Boom said it's pretty crisp.But as with all COD's we can't control who else connects to the server we're on or how bad their network is,that to me is what destroys lobbies. 

I wish there were some magical settings we could post so everyone would have great and fair gameplay every single game but unfortunately there aren't.The best thing you can do is make sure your ISP is solid,set up your home network so it gives you the best gaming experience it can and tweak your duma to the settings that work for you. 

Everyone has a different network and setup, I've been changing mine a lot lately trying different settings as I have a new modem that has fixed (hallelujah) my unreasonably high ping.

I'm currently using 85/85 pre-emptive when nobody else is at home OR I'm using 75/75 reactive if people are here and hammering my internet.

But I'll probably try different settings again tomorrow and the next day. You've got to try settings until you find what works best for you.

My experience with IW (now that I'm used to it) is that the hit detection is actually very crisp and responsive. I only really have problems when someone in the lobby has a wildly fluctuating ping (like they're playing over wifi).

Or if they're just better than me of course.

A lot of people don't seem to be aware that the aim assist is minimal compared to BO3 so you have to work much harder to exploit it.

After a little time playing IW, you realise how much BO3 gifted us kills with homing-bullets for just aiming in the general direction of an enemy.

Boom what modem did u purchase i was think of buy netgear cm600

Boom what modem did u purchase i was think of buy netgear cm600

I was advised to buy a specific Openreach modem because (and I may not have got this part right) it is an optimal match to the chipset that is in the specific fibre cabinet about a mile down the road that I connect to.

I don't know if there can be issues if they don't match, so I will check before I say anything else about it.

hey guys im just looking for the best settings to get the best hit rego and the best for iw

Honestly, play more and get use to it, the aim assist is ass compared to previous titles.

If you have potato aim like me it will feel like everyone on the other team has an aim bot.

For me the hit rego seem about right, nothing else does but generally if i aim right and hit first i will win 10% the fights :(

FWIW i only have 1 server here and i ping it at 6-10ms 99% of the time.

Try 100/100 when no one else is online and when your Internet is being used drop it to 70/70 with geo filter at 70/70 leave upnp on don't use the presets keep strict mode on with a radius of 650 from your location auto ping off and port forward your console or pc to open your nat type hope this helps.

Try 100/100 when no one else is online

In theory this is right but bear in mind that your phone (or other devices) may try to auto-update, pull emails, receive messages, and still communicate with the router.

... so I always leave my anti-flood set regardless of whether anyone else is home.

Archived