Dissapointed with the netduma wifi

gamerukali

For the last two nights at certain times my wifi on my phone stipped working i had to restart wifi but today as i write this on my phone i cant connect to the wifi , i never had no problems with wifi before using the standard router my isp provided us. Its ok for me becuase i understand netduma is good router but i live with a family who was already happy with old router so for wifi to stop working at certain times has left them uninpressed is thier a solution to this

For the last two nights at certain times my wifi on my phone stipped working i had to restart wifi but today as i write this on my phone i cant connect to the wifi , i never had no problems with wifi before using the standard router my isp provided us. Its ok for me becuase i understand netduma is good router but i live with a family who was already happy with old router so for wifi to stop working at certain times has left them uninpressed is thier a solution to this

Try disabling the WIFI work-around, goto Settings>Miscellaneous> and untick WIFI Work-Around.

Try Raddys suggestion that helped me and loads of others.

Did you disable your other routers wifi when you set the two up? this needs to be done also.

• Netduma Staff

Okay i have arrived home and unticked the wifi workaround i will report back in 2 days to see how ir gors. What is wifi workaround ?

Wifi workaround was a feature developed for people who lived in places which have congested/busy wifi networks. It introduced issues for some people though so the option to disable it was brought into the release after it was initially launched :) Pleas let us know how you get on with it!

• Administrators

Its a good idea, I just need to check if that breaks anything retrospectively. Also would need to upgrade the production line is a pain. But we will be doing so soon as so many features are being added. So perfect time to sort out opt-in.

I plan to use a new project manaement system that is public facing so we keep track of all the requests and also you can see development as well. 

• Netduma Staff

Its a good idea, I just need to check if that breaks anything retrospectively. Also would need to upgrade the production line is a pain. But we will be doing so soon as so many features are being added. So perfect time to sort out opt-in.

I plan to use a new project manaement system that is public facing so we keep track of all the requests and also you can see development as well. 

What is the software (I'm being nosy :D).

• Netduma Staff

Erm I think its called trac, its open source. We used it heavily during development. 

Found the website. It will be useful to be able to see all the planned features in the same place :)

• Netduma Staff

Hi just to update since unticking wi fi workround i dnt have problems no more with wi fi thanks all

Great to here! I think Zennon has a good idea of having it automatically set to disabled - would solve issues like this :)

Archived