Netduma r1 not working on my network

kizvandutch

• Netduma Staff

Ivp6 is with my isp router but my netduma doesn't support it when I do my test. Any idea why?

If your ISP supports IPv6 it should work on the Netduma, though generally it's better to have it disabled unless you know that it's required. Also, IPv6 isn't supported on PS4. What do you mean it isn't supported when you do your test?

• Netduma Staff

When I do my ivp6 with the netduma I get no ivp6 address but with my isp alone I get ivp6 address.

To clarify: on the ISP hub with IPv6 enabled, and without the Netduma connected, you get an IPv6 address?

On the ISP hub with IPv6 enabled, and when the Netduma IS connected (with IPv6 enabled in WAN, LAN and misc) you don't get an IPv6 address?

• Administrators

I believe it's because IPv6 does not have NAT so once it gets to the router it has no idea where the packets are supposed to be headed and therefore IPv4 is used instead whereas with a modem there is only one destination. So I don't think it will currently be possible, there may be things we can do, I'll have to look into it

• 2 weeks later...

i dont that my isp gets better gameplay then the netduma can deliver? smother connections, less lagy players in my lobbies, my wifi jams on the netduma inferface, ivp6 only workings when i connect to my home isp and not the netduma. 

does any canadian or american players get this issues what im having? 

• Administrators

Your settings look fine and getting low ping but it is spiking. All devices definitely connected to the R1? Use the reactive algorithm instead of preemptive and see if that works better for you. CAT7 cable won't cause issues. I wouldn't worry about a sound unless its extremely loud.

on my isp it has wan or lan. should i plug into which one form my netduma?

i think the upnp is broken also since the only way i can get open nat is to manual port forward my netduma r1. my isp can open my ports with 9308 for all my games on my ps4 no problems with a connection very consistent.

• Administrators

Port 1 of the Netduma to port 1 on your ISP hub.

The game I don't think is properly requesting the required ports, which is why if you open MWR then go back to IW it changes to open because MWR correctly requested the ports for an open NAT.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

It was only one game that was good witch was odd. If I'm not using any network other then my PS4 is it k to get congestion control at 100%?

Yes you can do that as you wish. However, given that there is nothing else using the internet and the PS4 doesn't need that much bandwidth I'd recommend leaving it at 70/70 or whatever you're using. Background updates on phones etc could cause mini spikes and could be the difference between a kill/death online.